***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Initial 53

QB- (2) Jimmy, Trey
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Hasty, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Sherfield, Jennings, Hurd
TE- (4) Kittle, Dwelley, Woerner, Pruitt
OL- (8) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (11) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Jones, Street, Hurst Jr, Givens, Ford, Kerr
LB- (5) Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Harris, Griffith
CB- (5) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenior
S - (4) Ward, Wilson, Hulfanga, Ha Ha
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

PUP
Wilson
Moore
Tartt

Cut
Gallman
Nsimba
Flan

Day after Initial 53

QB- (2) Jimmy, Trey
RB- (Mostert, Sermon, Hasty, Gallman
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Sherfield, Jennings, Nsimba
OL- (8) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (11) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Jones, Street, Hurst Jr, Givens, Ford, Kerr
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

PUP
Wilson
Moore
Tartt

short term IR
Mitchell
Hurd

PS
Flan
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
No, they have to make the initial 53, but that's not an issue, you just cut Gallman, & Kendricks, then they get re-signed the next day when Hurd & Mitchell go on IR, Gallman & Kendricks wouldn't have to go through waivers, plus this is a normal thing that happens every year, so don't be surprised if someone like Gallman, Kendricks, Ha Ha, or Sanu are cut, bu then re-signed the next day, the player(s) will be told to stay in the Bay Area, to sign the deal the next day, again happens every year with pretty much every team, they won't lose any of the players they cut to get whoever onto Short Term IR.

Understood! Thanks for the explanation.

Any time bud, don't worry about who were to get cut for whoever is on short term IR, those guys will be re-signed the next day.
Initial 53

QB- (2) Jimmy, Trey
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Hasty, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Sherfield, Jennings, Hurd
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

PUP
Wilson
Moore
Tartt

Cut
Gallman
Nsimba
Flan

Day after Initial 53

QB- (2) Jimmy, Trey
RB- (Mostert, Sermon, Hasty, Gallman
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Sherfield, Jennings, Nsimba
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

PUP
Wilson
Moore
Tartt

short term IR
Mitchell
Hurd

PS
Flan

Pretty much agree here, I have just 3 TEs now, but I can see a 4th, either Pruitt or Matthews, too early on that, I hope 2 QBs, I hate the 3rd, no reason for a 3rd, when he can go on the PS without going through waivers.

I have 6 LBs with Kendricks & Griffith as the 5th & 6th, as I have Harris & Al-Shaair as locks in addition to Warner & Dre.

I'd be surprised if we go 11 deep at DL, but I wouldn't be mad.

Also should note, IR guys for now are Skule, Jefferson, & Watkins(once he clears waivers), I can see them reaching an injury settlement with Jefferson, and maybe Watkins, as Jefferson will count $465K, and Watkins $415K, due to them having split contracts, seems like a waste of money.
Any time bud, don't worry about who were to get cut for whoever is on short term IR, those guys will be re-signed the next day.

Pretty much agree here, I have just 3 TEs now, but I can see a 4th, either Pruitt or Matthews, too early on that, I hope 2 QBs, I hate the 3rd, no reason for a 3rd, when he can go on the PS without going through waivers.

I have 6 LBs with Kendricks & Griffith as the 5th & 6th, as I have Harris & Al-Shaair as locks in addition to Warner & Dre.

Also should note, IR guys for now are Skule, Jefferson, & Watkins(once he clears waivers), I can see them reaching an injury settlement with Jefferson, and maybe Watkins, as Jefferson will count $465K, and Watkins $415K, due to them having split contracts, seems like a waste of money.

Forgot about Kendrick

Forgot about Kendrick

Yeah, as of now, I have Kendricks on the 53, but I think the battle will be between him & DFF for the backup WLB/MLB spot, but if we keep 6, it comes down to Kendricks, DFF & Griffith, I was impressed by Griffith in the preseason game.
I know Kyle has final say over the 53, but I really hope John pushes him to cut Sudfeld, knowing he can go to the PS without going thru waivers, keep someone who we don't want to expose to waivers, like Street. Plus 3 QBs is too much, if Jimmy gets hurt you can't have Sudfeld get dressed to backup Trey for the rest of the game, so a 3rd QB is a waste of a spot, I get with Mullens & Beathard, they would have had to go through waivers, but Sudfeld doesn't have to.

I had 3 TE's too but Pruitt got 500K guaranteed so I think they keep him. I think Mathews makes PS pretty easily.

I also had 6 LBs and think I will go back to that with Kendrick being the additional. To make room, I will go back to 10 DL but it will hurt to cut Street or Kerr. I am leaning at cutting Kerr. I know you like him, but Street is very athletic and explosive. Kerr is stout at point of attack but less versatile.
...Originally posted by GrowYourNestEgg:
I like it but I think Street makes it over Kerr and Hasty over Gallman... Wouldn't be surprised if Marcell Harris doesn't make it and they go with just 5 lbs either. I'm kinda hoping we can trade a DT for a CB

,,,,,,yes trade them for a damn RG, and a swing tackle
With Mitchell expected out for the preseason, I see him going on Short Term IR, meaning Hasty makes it, Gallman is cut, so Mitchell can go on short term IR, then the next day Gallman is re-signed. Same with Hurd, he'll go on short term IR IMO.

With Flannigan-Fowles cleared, who I had on short term IR in my latest roster projection, will battle with Kendricks for backup WLB spot IMO, I also like Griffith for the backup MLB spot. Below is my latest roster, need to make some adjustments due to cuts.

Obviously Watkins was waived/injured, once he clears waivers, he'll revert to the 49ers IR list, and then like I said DFF was cleared, so now I think he may take Watkins spot on the teams PS.

Gotcha. I didn't realize Mitchell was out for the rest of pre season. TY.

You don't think Kinlaw goes on I.R.?
Originally posted by NCommand:
With Mitchell expected out for the preseason, I see him going on Short Term IR, meaning Hasty makes it, Gallman is cut, so Mitchell can go on short term IR, then the next day Gallman is re-signed. Same with Hurd, he'll go on short term IR IMO.

With Flannigan-Fowles cleared, who I had on short term IR in my latest roster projection, will battle with Kendricks for backup WLB spot IMO, I also like Griffith for the backup MLB spot. Below is my latest roster, need to make some adjustments due to cuts.

Obviously Watkins was waived/injured, once he clears waivers, he'll revert to the 49ers IR list, and then like I said DFF was cleared, so now I think he may take Watkins spot on the teams PS.

idk, how serious is it? I didn't read up about it, if it's serious, then he goes on short term IR too, which sucks.
No, they have to make the initial 53, but that's not an issue, you just cut Gallman, & Kendricks, then they get re-signed the next day when Hurd & Mitchell go on IR, Gallman & Kendricks wouldn't have to go through waivers, plus this is a normal thing that happens every year, so don't be surprised if someone like Gallman, Kendricks, Ha Ha, or Sanu are cut, bu then re-signed the next day, the player(s) will be told to stay in the Bay Area, to sign the deal the next day, again happens every year with pretty much every team, they won't lose any of the players they cut to get whoever onto Short Term IR.

Or resign them after week 1, so their full salary cannot get guaranteed (if this clause is still in the CBA).

Originally posted by NCommand:

idk, how serious is it? I didn't read up about it, if it's serious, then he goes on short term IR too, which sucks.

The "shoulder" is new but he's been very limited with the knee thus far. So much so I don't even know how he hurt his shoulder. I guess we'll just have to monitor it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 18, 2021 at 6:57 AM ]
Kendricks got 200k guaranteed on his one year, seems like more than just a camp body signing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Youngone:
Kendricks got 200k guaranteed on his one year, seems like more than just a camp body signing.

I'm really hoping he sticks, he'll be nothing but good for the LB's. Now this is one that is definitely better than Al-Shaair can we all agree on this at least??
I rewatched the first half and I'm surprised nobody is talking about Jake Brendel. He made the start at Center and had an excellent game against the Chiefs starters and backups.
He is the only other true center behind Alex Mack. Does he have a chance to make it? Perhaps he can also play Guard if needed. This way if something happens to Mack you don't need to move Brunskill from his RG spot.
[ Edited by richterkbelmont on Aug 18, 2021 at 10:42 AM ]
Is Jordan Matthews going to make the 53?
Share 49ersWebzone