LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 180 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My best guess mixed with some of my very own bias, which is probably very wrong:
Note: Bolded players are locks to make the roster

QB (2) - Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance
RB (4) - Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, JaMycal Hasty, Elijah Mitchell
FB (1) - Kyle Juszczyk
WR (6) - Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Trent Sherfield, Mohamed Sanu Sr., Jalen Hurd, Jauan Jennings
TE (3) - George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
OL (8) - Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Alex Mack, Laken Tomlinson, Daniel Brunskill, Aaron Banks, Jaylon Moore, Colton McKivitz

DL (10) - Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, Javon Kinlaw, DJ Jones, Samson Ebukam, Dee Ford, Zach Kerr, Kentavius Street, Kevin Givens, Arden Key
LB (5) - Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris, Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
CB (6) - Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, K'Waun Williams, Ambry Thomas, Deommodore Lenoir, Dontae Johnson
S (5) - Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt, Talanoa Hufanga, Tavon Wilson, Jared Mayden

K (1) - Robbie Gould
P (1) - Mitch Wishnowsky
LS (1) - Taybor Pepper

IR/PUP/Suspended List:
RB Jeff Wilson Jr. - Release Hasty or Mitchell when he comes back
OL Justin Skule - Depending on how Moore is performing, Skule might be released once healthy
DL Maurice Hurst - Coaching staff wants him, just not sure who will be released when he's healthy
DL Jordan Willis - See above
LB Mychal Kendricks - Probably gets released with injury designation
S Tarvarius Moore - Probably out for the year

Additional Notes:
1. QB Sudfeld might make the team if they decide to keep 3 QBs rostered, but I hope they roll with 2. If an injury happens, they can pick him back up, or bring back Mullens.
2. Between running backs Hasty, Mitchell and Gallman, one has to go. My personal choice is Gallman, though he's the most polished running and great in pass protection. The preseason showed me Hasty's quickness and vision and I fell in love with Mitchell's fearlessness running the ball with his one game of tape.
3. Not out of the question for them to keep four TEs.
4. I honestly think Benjamin doesn't make the cut and Jauan Jennings gets his spot.
5. I really liked the way C Brendal played yesterday, but playing all game is typical of a player not making the final 53. I'm cheering that he does though, just not sure he's versatile enough to make it. Brunskill can always be a backup center with Banks filling in at his spot at guard.
6. D-line is deep, very deep. I really wanted to give the last spot to Yarbrough over Key, but I think the coaching staff likes Key more.
7. Clinton-Dix might make the team, but if he does, he's been susceptible on the back end. I'm not confident with him back there, but a pro bowl veteran presence who doesn't get injured might be good to keep considering the injury history of our starting safeties.
8. Who are our kick and punt returners??? Mitchell and Ambry Thomas both got action at kick returning during the game against the Raiders.
[ Edited by ElDannMann on Aug 30, 2021 at 4:14 AM ]
I really hope we keep Clinton-Dix on the 53.
I don't think Marcell Harris deserves a roster spot
Final 53

QB (2):
Jimmy Garappolo
Trey Lance

RBs (6)
Raheem Mostert
Trey Sermon
Elijah Mitchell
JaMycal Hasty
Kyle Juszczyk
Wayne Gallman

WRs (7)
Brandon Aiyuk
Deebo Samuel
Trent Sherfield
Mohammed Sanu
Jalen Hurd
Jauan Jennings
Nsimba Webster

TEs (3)
George Kittle
Ross Dwelley
Charlie Woerner

OL (8)
Trent Williams
Laken Tomlinson
Alex Mack
Daniel Brunskill
Mike McGlinchey
Aaron Banks
Jake Brendel
Colton McKivitz

DL (10)
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Javon Kinlaw
Samson Ebukam
Arik Armstead
Kevin Givens
Kentavius Street
DJ Jones
Arden Key
Zach Kerr

LBs (5)
Fred Warner
Dre Greenlaw
Azeez Al-Shaair
Marcell Harris
Demetrius Flanagan-Fowles

CBs (5)
Jason Verrett
Emmanuel Moseley
K'Waun Williams
Deommodore Lenoir
Ambry Thomas

Safety (4)
Jimmie Ward
Jaquiski Tartt
Talonoa Hufanga
HaHa Clinton Dix

Special Teams (3)
Robbie Gould
Mitch Wishnowsky
Taybor Pepper
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
My best guess mixed with some of my very own bias, which is probably very wrong:
Note: Bolded players are locks to make the roster

QB (2) - Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance
RB (4) - Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, JaMycal Hasty, Elijah Mitchell
FB (1) - Kyle Juszczyk
WR (6) - Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Trent Sherfield, Mohamed Sanu Sr., Jalen Hurd, Jauan Jennings
TE (3) - George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
OL (8) - Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Alex Mack, Laken Tomlinson, Daniel Brunskill, Aaron Banks, Jaylon Moore, Colton McKivitz

DL (10) - Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, Javon Kinlaw, DJ Jones, Samson Ebukam, Dee Ford, Zach Kerr, Kentavius Street, Kevin Givens, Arden Key
LB (5) - Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris, Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
CB (6) - Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, K'Waun Williams, Ambry Thomas, Deommodore Lenoir, Dontae Johnson
S (5) - Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt, Talanoa Hufanga, Tavon Wilson, Jared Mayden

K (1) - Robbie Gould
P (1) - Mitch Wishnowsky
LS (1) - Taybor Pepper

IR/PUP/Suspended List:
RB Jeff Wilson Jr. - Release Hasty or Mitchell when he comes back
OL Justin Skule - Depending on how Moore is performing, Skule might be released once healthy
DL Maurice Hurst - Coaching staff wants him, just not sure who will be released when he's healthy
DL Jordan Willis - See above
LB Mychal Kendricks - Probably gets released with injury designation
S Tarvarius Moore - Probably out for the year

Additional Notes:
1. QB Sudfeld might make the team if they decide to keep 3 QBs rostered, but I hope they roll with 2. If an injury happens, they can pick him back up, or bring back Mullens.
2. Between running backs Hasty, Mitchell and Gallman, one has to go. My personal choice is Gallman, though he's the most polished running and great in pass protection. The preseason showed me Hasty's quickness and vision and I fell in love with Mitchell's fearlessness running the ball with his one game of tape.
3. Not out of the question for them to keep four TEs.
4. I honestly think Benjamin doesn't make the cut and Jauan Jennings gets his spot.
5. I really liked the way C Brendal played yesterday, but playing all game is typical of a player not making the final 53. I'm cheering that he does though, just not sure he's versatile enough to make it. Brunskill can always be a backup center with Banks filling in at his spot at guard.
6. D-line is deep, very deep. I really wanted to give the last spot to Yarbrough over Key, but I think the coaching staff likes Key more.
7. Clinton-Dix might make the team, but if he does, he's been susceptible on the back end. I'm not confident with him back there, but a pro bowl veteran presence who doesn't get injured might be good to keep considering the injury history of our starting safeties.
8. Who are our kick and punt returners??? Mitchell and Ambry Thomas both got action at kick returning during the game against the Raiders.

nice list and analysis
My Final 53 Man Roster Projection

Quarterbacks (2)
Trey Lance
Jimmy G

Back's (5)
Raheem Motsert
Trey Sermon
Elijah Mitchell
JaMycal Hasty
Juice

Wide Receivers (6)
Brandon Auyik
Deebo Samuel
Mohammed Sanu
Trey Sherfield
Jalen Hurd
Jauan Jennings

Tight End's (3)
George Kittle
Ross Dwelley
Charlie Woerner

O-Line (8)
Trent Williams
Laken Tomlinson
Alex Mack
Daniel Brunskill
Mike McGlinchy
Jaylon Moore
Aaron Banks
Colon McKivitz

D-Line (11)
Nick Bosa
Aril Armstead
Javon Kinlaw
D.J Jones
Dee Ford
Samson Ekubam
Kentavius Street
Zach Kerr
Arden Key
Kevin Givens
Maurice Hurst (will make the team and then immediately placed on IR) I think Givens could get traded and we could keep Daniels

Linebackers (5)
Fred Warner
Dre Geenlaw
Azeez Al-Shaair
Flanagan-Flowers
Jonas Griffith

Cornerbacks (5)
Jason Verrett
Emmanuel Mosley
K'Wuan Williams
Deommodore Lenoir
Ambry Thomas

Safeties (5)
Jimmie Ward
Pop Tartt
Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix
Hafunga
Travon Wilson

ST's (3)
Robbie Gould
Mitch Wiz
Pepper
I really want them to find a way to keep Hurst. He's got starter potential and would get stashed on IR (which is only 3 games if on the final roster).

Does Willis have to be on the final roster as well? I know he's suspended for 6 games.

I like Hasty over Gallman. Benji can get cut, I wouldn't be shocked if they can throw him on the PS (vets can still do that this yr?)
Hoping we keep Arden Key which I think we do... It's going to be nice to have Willis coming in mid season
I really hope we keep Clinton-Dix, Jennings and Griffith. Harris, Dontae Johnson and Benjamin ✌🏼
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I really want them to find a way to keep Hurst. He's got starter potential and would get stashed on IR (which is only 3 games if on the final roster).

Does Willis have to be on the final roster as well? I know he's suspended for 6 games.

I like Hasty over Gallman. Benji can get cut, I wouldn't be shocked if they can throw him on the PS (vets can still do that this yr?)

Wills won't count while he's suspended and they will stash Hurst on IR

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah you can still stash vets on the PS
Does Marcell Harris deserve a spot on 53? I would move to PS. Dude whiffs on tackling and as a LB that's his main responsibility.

Jalen Hurd, could we waive him and risk putting him on PS? At this point would any team be willing to put him on their 53? Not only did he drop some passes but Jennings literally had to tell Hurd where to line up on one play yesterday. I think it's a mental thing right now.

Is Sanu really a lock? Hasn't stood out to me during the preseason and #18 look horrible on him. I'd make him change numbers if I'm Kyle.

Ambry Thomas, good lord this dude is bad. Do you say F it and try to stash him on PS? Dude is a liability if he plays.

Hard decision with Hasty, Gallman and Mitchell. I'd try and put Gallman on PS.

thoughts?
Originally posted by miked1978:
Does Marcell Harris deserve a spot on 53? I would move to PS. Dude whiffs on tackling and as a LB that's his main responsibility.

Jalen Hurd, could we waive him and risk putting him on PS? At this point would any team be willing to put him on their 53? Not only did he drop some passes but Jennings literally had to tell Hurd where to line up on one play yesterday. I think it's a mental thing right now.

Is Sanu really a lock? Hasn't stood out to me during the preseason and #18 look horrible on him. I'd make him change numbers if I'm Kyle.

Ambry Thomas, good lord this dude is bad. Do you say F it and try to stash him on PS? Dude is a liability if he plays.

thoughts?

I'm with you on your thought process. But they can't afford to cut or stash 2 of their draft picks. However, it does lend credence to my harsh opinions on this draft.
Many saying Marcell should be cut -- I have to disagree. He creates turnovers, and if I'm not mistaken -- per AB -- his contract helps make him a lock as well. I think he's played much better than people give him credit for this pre-season.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by miked1978:

thoughts?

I'm with you on your thought process. But they can't afford to cut or stash 2 of their draft picks. However, it does lend credence to my harsh opinions on this draft.

I think all this year's draft picks make the final 53. They won't risk losing a young player with potential over a veteran who could most likely be re-signed later In the season If needed..
Share 49ersWebzone