LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 325 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Many saying Marcell should be cut -- I have to disagree. He creates turnovers, and if I'm not mistaken -- per AB -- his contract helps make him a lock as well. I think he's played much better than people give him credit for this pre-season.

Harris has been everywhere as a LB...missed a tackle in the open field but he's shown excellent reading ability and gets to plays before they can get started. He's a lock at SAM.

As to Mitchell > Gallman, the only benefit to this is with Mitchell, we have long term control. But you saw last night why having a veteran in that room is so important. Mitchell missed key pass protection assignments AND didn't know all the plays and even completely missed a mesh point handoff assignment...a play dialed up for him. These two areas Gallman excels in and is proven at the NFL level. I'd keep him and move Mitchell to the PS. We find players like him every year.
IMO, Brendel over McKivitz or a 5th safety. Benjamin or Webster over Jennings.

Big question: With playing both Jimmy and Trey, injury is more likely to either. Will this cause Shanahan to carry three QBs?
Originally posted by miked1978:
Does Marcell Harris deserve a spot on 53? I would move to PS. Dude whiffs on tackling and as a LB that's his main responsibility.

Jalen Hurd, could we waive him and risk putting him on PS? At this point would any team be willing to put him on their 53? Not only did he drop some passes but Jennings literally had to tell Hurd where to line up on one play yesterday. I think it's a mental thing right now.

Is Sanu really a lock? Hasn't stood out to me during the preseason and #18 look horrible on him. I'd make him change numbers if I'm Kyle.

Ambry Thomas, good lord this dude is bad. Do you say F it and try to stash him on PS? Dude is a liability if he plays.

Hard decision with Hasty, Gallman and Mitchell. I'd try and put Gallman on PS.

thoughts?

Not seeing what you are.

I just wated the first half of the condensed game for yesterday and thomas did well in coverage
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Big question: With playing both Jimmy and Trey, injury is more likely to either. Will this cause Shanahan to carry three QBs?

All legit questions.

I think he was going to keep 3 QBs regardless. As much as we'd all like to see just 2 QBs it was never really probable.
  • Eazy_
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Eazy_ on Sep 4, 2021 at 7:33 AM ]
all i gotta say is Hasty > Gallman.

Hasty has looked impressive all preseason, and if he hits that practice squad, he'll be scooped up real quick and likely by Seattle.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

Hasty has looked impressive all preseason, and if he hits that practice squad, he'll be scooped up real quick and likely by Seattle.

Hasty is easily #3, pushing 2.
Originally posted by NCommand:

i agree with that. he's been most impressive even in front Mostert, but due to Mostert only playing yesterday.

But Sermon did look better yesterday too, but yes i say Mostert,Hasty,Sermon,Mitchell
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Hasn't lost any speed after the ACL.

He had an ACL? I know he broke his collarbone last year.

This is hard...

QB (3): Garoppolo, Lance, Sudfeld/outside player

RB (5): Mostert, Juszczyk, Sermon, Mitchell, Gallman

WR (6): Samuel, Aiyuk, Sherfield, Sanu, Jennings, Hurd

TE (3): Kittle, Dwelley, Woerner

OL (8): Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Brunskill, McGlinchey, Moore, Banks, McKivitz

DL (10): Bosa, Jones, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ford, Ebukam, Kerr, Key, Givens, Street

LB (5): Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Griffith, Harris

CB (6): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas

S (5): Ward, Tartt, Hufanga, Clinton-Dix

ST (3): Pepper, Gould, Wishnowski

I really hope Shanny goes with 2 QBs but I doubt it. You've never seen it with this team.

Kerr will be cut but only to get Hurst on the PS and then he'll be brought back Wednesday.

I think Clinton-Dix has looked better than Tavon Wilson and I think they'd have an easier time getting Wilson on the PS. I could see McKivitz getting waived to keep Brendel but then he could get claimed by another team whereas Brendel can go straight to the PS if he doesn't get a better offer from another team. He looked real good and can be activated on gameday.

I'd rather they go with 5 CBs but Thomas struggled so I think they keep Johnson or find another player who was cut/waived.

I know Hasty looked real good the last couple weeks but Gallman did too and had more yards in each game. Flip a coin really but I think Gallman is the better overall player. With Wilson returning mid-season I think either of them would be cut for him. Mitchell stays as main KR and he also looked good running the ball.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 30, 2021 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
This is hard...

RB (4): Mostert, Sermon, Mitchell, Gallman

OL (8): Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Brunskill, McGlinchey, Moore, Banks, McKivitz

CB (6): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas, Johnson/outside player

I really hope Shanny goes with 2 QBs but I doubt it. You've never seen it with this team.

Kerr will be cut but only to get Hurst on the PS and then he'll be brought back Wednesday.

I think Clinton-Dix has looked better than Tavon Wilson and I think they'd have an easier time getting Wilson on the PS. I could see McKivitz getting waived to keep Brendel but then he could get claimed by another team whereas Brendel can go straight to the PS if he doesn't get a better offer from another team. He looked real good and can be activated on gameday.

I'd rather they go with 5 CBs but Thomas struggled so I think they keep Johnson or find another player who was cut/waived.

I know Hasty looked real good the last couple weeks but Gallman did too and had more yards in each game. Flip a coin really but I think Gallman is the better overall player. With Wilson returning mid-season I think either of them would be cut for him. Mitchell stays as main KR and he also looked good running the ball.

Kerr will never make it through waivers. Dontae Johnson blows. He would make it through waivers every day and twice on Sunday. Sudfeld also blows and would easily pass through waivers. No way I'm keeping Johnson and Sudfeld on the initial 53. Also I see no way Jake Brendel gets left off the 53 man roster.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
This is hard...

RB (4): Mostert, Sermon, Mitchell, Gallman

CB (6): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas, Johnson/outside player

Kerr will never make it through waivers. Dontae Johnson blows. He would make it through waivers every day and twice on Sunday. Sudfeld also blows and would easily pass through waivers. No way I'm keeping Johnson and Sudfeld on the initial 53. Also I see no way Jake Brendel gets left off the 53 man roster.

None of those guys have to go through waivers. Shanny will tell Kerr he's being cut so they can put Maurice Hurst on IR but he will be re-signed tomorrow.

Brendel doesn't go through waivers either and can go to the practice squad and still be eligible to play on gameday.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 30, 2021 at 10:11 AM ]
Criminy! What does the FO do with the DL when Willis and Hurst are ready to come back?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Criminy! What does the FO do with the DL when Willis and Hurst are ready to come back?

i am wondering if we are going to trade someone for maybe a late round pick?
Share 49ersWebzone