LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 294 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
all i gotta say is Hasty > Gallman.

Hasty has looked impressive all preseason, and if he hits that practice squad, he'll be scooped up real quick and likely by Seattle.

Hasty is easily #3, pushing 2.

i agree with that. he's been most impressive even in front Mostert, but due to Mostert only playing yesterday.

But Sermon did look better yesterday too, but yes i say Mostert,Hasty,Sermon,Mitchell

Yeah, I look at it a bit more in terms of skill sets and styles. Like last year, Kyle likes the power to soften up the defense inside to start games and then brings in the speed, quickness and agility outside.

Mostert + Hasty
Sermon + Gallman/Mitchell
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 30, 2021 at 10:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Criminy! What does the FO do with the DL when Willis and Hurst are ready to come back?

That's why I think they go 9 to start with a couple to the PS. Willis will be back in 6 weeks. They have a massive pipeline of DT's and AA can play inside too.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
This is hard...

QB (3): Garoppolo, Lance, Sudfeld/outside player

RB (4): Mostert, Sermon, Mitchell, Gallman

WR (6): Samuel, Aiyuk, Sherfield, Sanu, Jennings, Hurd

TE (3): Kittle, Dwelley, Woerner

OL (8): Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Brunskill, McGlinchey, Moore, Banks, McKivitz

DL (10): Bosa, Jones, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ford, Ebukam, Kerr, Key, Givens, Street

LB (5): Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Griffith, Harris

CB (6): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas, Johnson/outside player

S (5): Ward, Tartt, Hufanga, Clinton-Dix

ST (3): Pepper, Gould, Wishnowski

I really hope Shanny goes with 2 QBs but I doubt it. You've never seen it with this team.

Kerr will be cut but only to get Hurst on the PS and then he'll be brought back Wednesday.

I think Clinton-Dix has looked better than Tavon Wilson and I think they'd have an easier time getting Wilson on the PS. I could see McKivitz getting waived to keep Brendel but then he could get claimed by another team whereas Brendel can go straight to the PS if he doesn't get a better offer from another team. He looked real good and can be activated on gameday.

I'd rather they go with 5 CBs but Thomas struggled so I think they keep Johnson or find another player who was cut/waived.

I know Hasty looked real good the last couple weeks but Gallman did too and had more yards in each game. Flip a coin really but I think Gallman is the better overall player. With Wilson returning mid-season I think either of them would be cut for him. Mitchell stays as main KR and he also looked good running the ball.

Kerr will never make it through waivers. Dontae Johnson blows. He would make it through waivers every day and twice on Sunday. Sudfeld also blows and would easily pass through waivers. No way I'm keeping Johnson and Sudfeld on the initial 53. Also I see no way Jake Brendel gets left off the 53 man roster.

None of those guys have to go through waivers. Shanny will tell Kerr he's being cut so they can put Maurice Hurst on IR but he will be re-signed tomorrow.

Brendel doesn't go through waivers either and can go to the practice squad and still be eligible to play on gameday.

But could be picked up by numerous teams that run our system. A bit risky. You don't eff around with quality OL.

But we'll see.

• George Kittle, TE, 95.9, 10 snaps
  • Jake Brendel, C, 94.4, 56 snaps
  • Dakoda Shepley, C, 87.8, 26 snaps
  • Mike McGlinchey, RT, 86.4, 24 snaps
  • Jaylon Moore, LT, 86.0, 37 snaps
  • Alex Barrett, DE, 91.7, 21 snaps
  • Elijah Sullivan, LB, 91.2, 13 snaps
  • Jaquiski Tartt, SS, 90.7, 29 snaps
  • Samson Ebukam, DE, 89.7, 15 snaps
  • Eddie Yarbrough, DE, 79.6, 21 snaps
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 30, 2021 at 11:02 AM ]
Gotta keep Brendel. Other teams are paying attention
This is hard...

OL (8): Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Brunskill, McGlinchey, Moore, Banks, McKivitz

CB (6): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas, Johnson/outside player

I really hope Shanny goes with 2 QBs but I doubt it. You've never seen it with this team.

Kerr will be cut but only to get Hurst on the PS and then he'll be brought back Wednesday.

I think Clinton-Dix has looked better than Tavon Wilson and I think they'd have an easier time getting Wilson on the PS. I could see McKivitz getting waived to keep Brendel but then he could get claimed by another team whereas Brendel can go straight to the PS if he doesn't get a better offer from another team. He looked real good and can be activated on gameday.

I'd rather they go with 5 CBs but Thomas struggled so I think they keep Johnson or find another player who was cut/waived.

I know Hasty looked real good the last couple weeks but Gallman did too and had more yards in each game. Flip a coin really but I think Gallman is the better overall player. With Wilson returning mid-season I think either of them would be cut for him. Mitchell stays as main KR and he also looked good running the ball.

No Juice? Never going to happen. Sudfeld or 3rd QB will be on the practice squad.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta keep Brendel. Other teams are paying attention

I really like Brendel but don't know that much about him. Can he also play guard?

I left him off my 53 due to versatility. If he can only play Center, unless he's the starter, I don't think he makes it.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Criminy! What does the FO do with the DL when Willis and Hurst are ready to come back?

i am wondering if we are going to trade someone for maybe a late round pick?

That was my thought, too. The Niners d line is SO deep, they can afford to trade someone like Givens (ERFA) or Kerr for a draft pick since Hurst was having a better preseason prior to his getting hurt. Either trade for a pick or a CB to supplant Johnson on the roster.
Who's getting the early cut today?
Tartt is kind of screwing this all up.
I have Marcell Harris back in the 53 and I have a feeling Arden Key will be cut. I hope I'm wrong. I also hope we keep Clinton-Dix

Originally posted by NCommand:
Tartt is kind of screwing this all up.

Yup. Valuable roster spot he will be taking and I don't think he will even play more than 8 games this season. #KeepClintonDix
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
This is hard...

CB (6): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas

No Juice? Never going to happen. Sudfeld or 3rd QB will be on the practice squad.

Oops! Put him in and took out Dontae Johnson.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 30, 2021 at 12:41 PM ]
Locks: 39
QB (2): Garoppolo, Lance
RB (4): Mostert, Juszczyk, Sermon, Mitchell
WR (4): Samuel, Aiyuk, Sherfield, Sanu
TE (2): Kittle, Dwelley
OL (7): Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Bruskill, McGlinchey, Moore, Banks
DL (7): Bosa, Jones, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ford, Ebukam, Key
LB (3): Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair
CB (4): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas
S (3): Ward, Tartt, Hufanga

Likely on Roster: 10
QB (0):
RB (1): Gallman or Hasty
WR (2): Jennings, Hurd
TE (1): Woerner or Pruitt
OL (1): McKivitz
DL (3): Kerr, Street, Hurst
LB (1): Harris
CB (0):
S (1): Clinton-Dix
ST (0):

Toss-Ups: 8
QB (1): Sudfeld
RB (1): Hasty or Gallman
WR (1): Webster
TE (1): Pruitt or Woerner
OL (1): Brendel
DL (1): Givens
LB (1): Griffith
CB (1): Johnson
S (0):
ST (0):

All but 4 players listed will make the team. To me Sudfeld, Johnson, Givens, and Pruitt give us the least, but we'll see. Maybe try to trade a DL.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Aug 30, 2021 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Locks: 38
QB (2): Garoppolo, Lance
RB (3): Mostert, Sermon, Mitchell
WR (4): Samuel, Aiyuk, Sherfield, Sanu
TE (2): Kittle, Dwelley
OL (7): Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Bruskill, McGlinchey, Moore, Banks
DL (7): Bosa, Jones, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ford, Ebukam, Key
LB (3): Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair
CB (4): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas
S (3): Ward, Tartt, Hufanga

Likely on Roster: 10
QB (0):
RB (1): Gallman or Hasty
WR (2): Jennings, Hurd
TE (1): Woerner or Pruitt
OL (1): McKivitz
DL (3): Kerr, Street, Givens
LB (1): Harris
CB (0):
S (1): Clinton-Dix
ST (0):

Toss-Ups: 7
QB (1): Sudfeld
RB (1): Hasty or Gallman
WR (1): Webster
TE (1): Pruitt or Woerner
OL (1): Brendel
LB (1): Griffith
CB (1): Johnson
S (0):
ST (0):

All but 2 players listed will make the team. To me Sudfeld and Pruitt give us the least, but we'll see.

Pretty sure Juice takes a spot
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Pretty sure Juice takes a spot

oops... let me fix
Share 49ersWebzone