WR (1): Webster
TE (1): Pruitt or Woerner
OL (1): Brendel
DL (1): Givens
LB (1): Griffith
CB (1): Johnson
S (0):
ST (0):

All but 4 players listed will make the team. To me Sudfeld, Johnson, Givens, and Pruitt give us the least, but we'll see. Maybe try to trade a DL.

You only counted 4 corners but listed 5. That makes your first number 40 not 39.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Tartt is kind of screwing this all up.

Yup. Valuable roster spot he will be taking and I don't think he will even play more than 8 games this season. #KeepClintonDix

on board with this.. tartt can not be trusted
I think we might add another corner off another team or even make a trade. I can see us moving Givens. I really hate to cut that Daniels kid to, I think he is an NFL DT but there just isn't anymore room on this deeeep D-Line.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
all i gotta say is Hasty > Gallman.

Hasty has looked impressive all preseason, and if he hits that practice squad, he'll be scooped up real quick and likely by Seattle.

I would be really surprised if we kept Gallman over Hasty for a number of reasons
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I think we might add another corner off another team or even make a trade. I can see us moving Givens. I really hate to cut that Daniels kid to, I think he is an NFL DT but there just isn't anymore room on this deeeep D-Line.

ford coming back strong screwed up everything
Originally posted by btthepunk:
This is hard...

QB (3): Garoppolo, Lance, Sudfeld/outside player

RB (5): Mostert, Juszczyk, Sermon, Mitchell, Gallman

WR (6): Samuel, Aiyuk, Sherfield, Sanu, Jennings, Hurd

TE (3): Kittle, Dwelley, Woerner

OL (8): Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Brunskill, McGlinchey, Moore, Banks, McKivitz

DL (10): Bosa, Jones, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ford, Ebukam, Kerr, Key, Givens, Street

LB (5): Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Griffith, Harris

CB (6): Verrett, Moseley, Williams, Lenoir, Thomas

S (5): Ward, Tartt, Hufanga, Clinton-Dix

ST (3): Pepper, Gould, Wishnowski

I really hope Shanny goes with 2 QBs but I doubt it. You've never seen it with this team.

Kerr will be cut but only to get Hurst on the PS and then he'll be brought back Wednesday.

I think Clinton-Dix has looked better than Tavon Wilson and I think they'd have an easier time getting Wilson on the PS. I could see McKivitz getting waived to keep Brendel but then he could get claimed by another team whereas Brendel can go straight to the PS if he doesn't get a better offer from another team. He looked real good and can be activated on gameday.

I'd rather they go with 5 CBs but Thomas struggled so I think they keep Johnson or find another player who was cut/waived.

I know Hasty looked real good the last couple weeks but Gallman did too and had more yards in each game. Flip a coin really but I think Gallman is the better overall player. With Wilson returning mid-season I think either of them would be cut for him. Mitchell stays as main KR and he also looked good running the ball.

Good list and notes. I'm with you on our cornerback situation. Ideally we would only carry 5 guys but with Ambry Thomas struggling so bad and Verrett and Mosley's durability issues, I think we almost have to keep/add another veteran corner.

I would be a little upset if we cut Clinton-Dix. He's come in during mid camp and has seemed to catch on quickly and has looked good. You can't trust Tartt to stay healthy and Wilson is basically a backup
I wish we could keep Jake Brendel, if he didn't opt out last year he'd have helped so much. He has been the best OL who has played this preseason.
Mckivitz is also showing improvement.
I don't want Dontae Johnson, like come on, if any CB gets hurt just play Lenoir or Thomas, if you have to rely on the CB6 go sign a random scrub or keep somebody on the PS.
Clinton Dix could stay in the PS, he was unemployed until preseason started so he could stay in the PS
My hot take is Myres makes the 53 over Dontae Johnson.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
My hot take is Myres makes the 53 over Dontae Johnson.

That was my surprise #2 as well..

Whens the deadline to cut down to 53?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Whens the deadline to cut down to 53?

4pm ET Aug 31st
we need AB to dial up his 53
I need some Niner trade news. Can't let teams in our division grab the good players we are going to be forced to cut. Atleast with a trade(even if we only get a 6th RD pick) we get to pick where those players end up.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
we need AB to dial up his 53

Will be posting mine in a bit on 49erscap.com, then I'll paste it here.
Share 49ersWebzone