LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 215 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
When is cut downs? Thought it was today, no?

Aug. 31st. 4pm (eastern)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Tuesday.. with the news on trey.. do we have to now keep three quarterbacks. i wanted just two and then throw someone on the practice squad. with trey being out at least a week. does this change this
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
So good. I'm really struggling on a lot of these last 7 or so combinations. 6 CB's or 5? 5 LB's or 6? Michell vs. Gallman. 6 or 7 WR's? Sanu/Matthews? Pruitt vs. Woerner. 9 or 10 DL with Willis back in 6 weeks. Injury questions with Tartt and Verrett.

I don't see them cutting both Hasty & Mitchell, Gallman can go on the PS without going through waivers.

Sanu is a lock at WR IMO, Matthews could go to the PS, or like I said, he should be available if needed. Woerner is a lock IMO, he's done too much good this offseason, improved as a blocker and pass catcher.

You need to keep 10 DL, I can't see them cutting or trading any of the 10 I have listed. It's a good problem to have, injuries will happen, so if/when Hurst & Willis come back, we'll likely have some sort of injuries.

I debated 5 or 6 LBs, but with an extra OL, I went with just 5 for now, since I think Flannigan-Fowles makes it to the PS, along with Hilliard & Sullivan.

As for CBs, I think 6 is too much, Johnson will be on the PS, also Mayden can play CB too.

Can't really argue any of these. Like your perspectives here.

I thought they'd at least cut 5-10 guys today. It's tomorrow by 4pm ET, I think.
Trey out 7 days smh, soft
Originally posted by Youngone:
Trey out 7 days smh, soft

I've been trying to tell 'em!
Originally posted by cciowa:

Tuesday.. with the news on trey.. do we have to now keep three quarterbacks. i wanted just two and then throw someone on the practice squad. with trey being out at least a week. does this change this

They'll need someone other than Jimmy to take snaps for the next week or so. I don't see why they can't put Sudfeld on the PS either way. Trey should be good to go and suit up in two weeks against Detroit. I think they still only carry two QBs on the 53.
FYI, for those worried about Ha Ha not making the PS, he doesn't go through waivers, so he'll be told to stay around, and be signed to the PS, same with guys like Sudfeld, Coleman, Gallmanm, Wilson, and anyone with 4 or more accrued years.

Just want to point out AB that you have educated us on the technicalities of rosters. So many beat writers do not understand these complex rules and actually write inaccurate 53 roster projections or just admit they don't know how it works. Thanks for keeping us knowledgeable as we give our predictions on the 53! 49erswebzone is the bomb!
Originally posted by 60sFan:
FYI, for those worried about Ha Ha not making the PS, he doesn't go through waivers, so he'll be told to stay around, and be signed to the PS, same with guys like Sudfeld, Coleman, Gallmanm, Wilson, and anyone with 4 or more accrued years.

Just want to point out AB that you have educated us on the technicalities of rosters. So many beat writers do not understand these complex rules and actually write inaccurate 53 roster projections or just admit they don't know how it works. Thanks for keeping us knowledgeable as we give our predictions on the 53! 49erswebzone is the bomb!

Yes, I am relieved we can put Clinton Dix and Gallman on the practice squad without going through waivers!
He already cost us 3 1st and a 3rd…..and now a roster spot.

Im joking here

So, AB, in this regard, you are not overly concerned with MyCole Pruitt's $637,500 guaranteed? Only that AA or Laken will have to restructure contracts?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by cciowa:

They'll need someone other than Jimmy to take snaps for the next week or so. I don't see why they can't put Sudfeld on the PS either way. Trey should be good to go and suit up in two weeks against Detroit. I think they still only carry two QBs on the 53.

yes.. some guys answered this like you did in the trey thread. thank you. hope you are right
They can have Sanu take the snaps while Trey is out.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
They can have Sanu take the snaps while Trey is out.

or kyle.. hell. jh did it a few times
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

So, AB, in this regard, you are not overly concerned with MyCole Pruitt's $637,500 guaranteed? Only that AA or Laken will have to restructure contracts?

This is really tough, I don't like eating money, but idk what they do, personally I think 9 OL isn't needed, but Brendel has looked real good.

The way I see it, the following 46 players are locked into spots IMO.

1. QB Garoppolo
  2. QB Lance
  3. RB Mostert
  4. RB Sermon
  5. RB Mitchell
  6. FB Juice
  7. WR Aiyuk
  8. WR Deebo
  9. WR Sanu
  10. WR Sherfield
  11. TE Kittle
  12. TE Dwelley
  13. TE Woerner
  14. C Mack
  15. OG Tomlinson
  16. OG McKikvitz
  17. OG Banks
  18. OG Brunskill
  19. OT Trent
  20. OT McGlinchey
  21. OT Moore
  22. DE Bosa
  23. DE Armstead
  24. DE Dee
  25. DE Ebukam
  26. DE Key
  27. DT Kinlaw
  28. DT Givens
  29. DT Street
  30. NT Jones
  31. NT Kerr
  32. LB Warner
  33. LB Dre
  34. LB Harris
  35. LB Al-Shaair
  36. CB Verrett
  37. CB Moseley
  38. CB K'Waun
  39. CB Ambry
  40. CB Lenoir
  41. S Ward
  42. S Tartt
  43. S Hufanga
  44. PK Gould
  45. P Wish
  46. LS Pepper

That leaves the following in contention for 7 spots.

1. QB Sudfeld
  2. RB Gallman
  3. RB Hasty
  4. WR Jennings
  5. WR Benjamin
  6. WR Hurd
  7. WR Webster
  8. TE Pruitt
  9. TE Matthews
  10. C Brendel
  11. LB Griffith
  12. LB Flannigan-Fowles
  13. S Ha Ha
  14. S Wilson
  15. S Mayden

They're gonna keep for sure, 2 more WRs, a 5th LB, 4th Safety, leaving 3 spots open, I assume they keep a 4th RB, so it's down to a combo of a 3rd QB, 4th TE, 9th OL, 6th LB, and 5th Safety, I know Lance will be out 1 week, but I'd still put Sudfeld on the PS since he doesn't go through waivers. Yes the Pruitt thing sucks, we lose $500K in cap room by keeping someone making $850K, so I may have to go back and make some edits due to Shon Coleman's injury as well.

The following should start on injured or reserve lists.

RB Wilson
WR James
LT Coleman (If this does happen, it takes away $990K in cap room if they replace someone on the PS with another player making $252K)
RT Skule
DE Willis
DT Hurst
LB Kendricks
S Moore

As for restructures, I'm hoping just Armstead.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Aug 30, 2021 at 5:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone