Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 383 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Who's the backup for Alex Mack if he gets injured? He's the lone guy at C on the 53.

Would have to be Brunskill
Finally, they kept 4 (6 if you count armstead and willis) true edge rushers.
I am really confident about the team to be stucked in IL and LB.
My only concerned is the backfield now.
But the most important position in defense today is so much improved compared to last year...Bosa, Ford, Ebukam, Key, Willis....so good. Finally
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Who's the backup for Alex Mack if he gets injured? He's the lone guy at C on the 53.

Right now Brunskill is the backup and Compton has also played Center
I had it pretty much nailed down except I had Clinton-Dix making it and obv did not have the Harris kid we picked up at CB and I had McKovitz making it over Tom Compton. Can't believe sorry ass Tom Compton made the team TBH.

I'm glad we kept Hasty but I kinda wish we found room for Gallman as well. He is a quality NFL RB and will find a home quickly.

I do think we maybe bring back Clinton-Dix once we place Hurst on IR?
Compton is becoming Kyle's Trent Taylor. I don't get what KS and company see in Compton. If he at least was a younger player but he's older and just flat out stinks!
I can't wait until the Niners are "Straight Outta Compton". That will be a day to celebrate.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Final prediction:

OFFENSE
QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance
RB: Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, Elijah Mitchell, JaMychal Hasty
FB: Juice
XWR: Brandon Aiyuk, Travis Benjamin
YWR: Trent Sherfield, Mohamed Sanu
ZWR: Deebo Samuel, Jalen Hurd
TE: George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
LT: Trent Williams, Jaylen Moore
LG: Laken Tomlinson, Colton McKivitz
C: Alex Mack, Jake Brendel
RG: Daniel Brunskill, Aaron Banks
RT: Mike McGlinchey

DEFENSE
LDE: Nick Bosa, Samson Ebukam, Arden Key
RDE: Dee Ford, Arik Armstead
3T: Javon Kinlaw, Kentavius Street, Kevin Givens
NT: DJ Jones, Zach Kerr
WLB: Dre Greenlaw
MLB: Fred Warner, Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
SLB: Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris
CB: Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, Ambry Thomas, Deommodore Lenoir, K'Waun Williams, Alexander Myres
FS: Jimmie Ward, Jared Mayden
SS: Jaquiski Tartt, Talanoa Hufanga

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Robbie Gould
P: Mitch Wishnowsky
LS: Taybor Pepper
KR: Elijah Mitchell, Ambry Thomas
PR: Travis Benjamin, Brandon Aiyuk

Notes:
- I think Myres played himself onto the roster at CB
- Still think Clinton-Dix is cut. He made an easy pick, but he also has blown assignments during scramble drill two weeks in a row.
- I think Ambry makes the team but man, he's been bad. Hopefully he gets better but he's been arguably the worst DB.
- I think we try to keep WR Jennings on the PS, but could see he or Webster brought back if Benjamin goes on short term IR for the concussion.

Misses:
Jake Brendel cut
Jajuan Jennings over Travis Benjamin
Davonte Harris over Alexander Myres
Tavon Wilson over Jared Mayden

I could see Brendel coming back, but it seems like the others would go on the PS. Both would be solid call-ups. I suspect they thought they'd lose Jennings to waivers.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Compton is becoming Kyle's Trent Taylor. I don't get what KS and company see in Compton. If he at least was a younger player but he's older and just flat out stinks!

Hopefully 49ers claim a better player tomorrow like Matt Skura. Also didn't like they kept Flannigan-Fowles over Justin Hilliard. Hilliard was balling in camp and preseason and really doubt he stays at PS.
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Aug 31, 2021 at 7:32 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Misses:
Jake Brendel cut
Jajuan Jennings over Travis Benjamin
Davonte Harris over Alexander Myres
Tavon Wilson over Jared Mayden

I could see Brendel coming back, but it seems like the others would go on the PS. Both would be solid call-ups. I suspect they thought they'd lose Jennings to waivers.

I think Brendel is a better player than Compton and younger as well. Obviously the team feels they can get Brendel on the PS but still I would rather have him on the roster than Compton. I'm surprised we cut McKivitz and kept Compton over him.
[ Edited by StubbyNBY on Aug 31, 2021 at 7:26 PM ]
Maybe the offensive book is so complated to learn that they prefer compton?
Its seems like he is playing better than last year

Originally posted by Frenchfan:

I'm sure that's part of it but I just don't think he is a very good player and would rather stick with a guy like McKivitz and continue to develop him
Originally posted by Frenchfan:

I'm sure that's part of it but I just don't think he is a very good player and would rather stick with a guy like McKivitz and continue to develop him

NO surprising players made the team and NO surprising players got cut..
Best roster we've had in the Shanahan Lynch era
I hope we can stash Daniels on the PS.... I think he has the makings of a solid NFL DT and reminds me of D.J Jones
Originally posted by NIMV4683:

Hopefully 49ers claim a better player tomorrow like Matt Skura. Also didn't like they kept Flannigan-Fowles over Justin Hilliard. Hilliard was balling in camp and preseason and really doubt he stays at PS.

Hilliard will likely make the PS. In the LVR game, he made some mistakes in coverage and was late in making some reads. I can see why they would try to bring him back to the PS but agree with keeping F-F.
Share 49ersWebzone