There are 446 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Love our Practice squad! Getting Daniels on there was huge and I'm happy we got McKivitz and Mayden in there as well. Plus some solid veterans like Matthews and Benjamin. If we could just have Clinton-Dix in there and we would be set!
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
So we pull up 2 from the PS for 55, need to have 8 OL active and how many do we sit? Active 48?
Pulling up just Benjamin so we sit 6. If we don't pull up anyone from PS, you seat only 5 to reach 48.

Not Dressing For Lions Game:

Banks
Jennings
Street
Thomas
Flannigan-Fowels
Hurd

That's 6 guys??? Also I think Street will def suit up. He had a heck of a camp and pre-season and was getting more 1st team reps than any of our backups with Kinlaw out. Him and Kerr are as good of a duo of backup DT's as you will find in the NFL right now.

The key number is 48 on game day. if you don't bring up anyone from the PS, then you only need to not dress 5 of the 53. If you add 2 players from the practice squad for game day, then you have to not dress 7. Either way, you can only dress 48.

The 55 is confusing. Basically you have a 53 man roster. If you add 2 from the PS that makes it 55. However, you can only dress 48.
49ers worked out Riley Ridley, I would love to release Cracraft an sign Ridley to the practice squad. He's got talent an was in a horrible spot in Chicago with such bad QB play
First Game Day 48 Projection for 2021 Season:

QB(2): Jimmy & Trey
RB(4): Mostert, Sermon, Hasty, & Mitchell
FB(1): Juice
WR(5): Aiyuk, Deebo, Sherfield, Sanu, Benjamin*
TE(3): Kittle, Dwelley, & Woerner
OL(8): Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Brunskil, McGlinchey, Moore, Compton, Brendel
DL(9): Bosa, Kinlaw, Jones, Armstead, Ford, Ebukam, Key, Givens, Kerr
LB(4): Warner, Dre, Al-Shaair, Harris,
CB(5): Verrett, Moseley, K'Waun, Lenoir, & Johnson
S(4): Ward, Tartt, Wilson, & Hufanga
ST(3): Gould, Wish, & Pepper

Banks
Jennings
Street
Thomas
Flannigan-Fowels
Hurd

IR:
WR James
LT Coleman
RT Skule
DT Hurst
LB Kendricks
CB Harris

PUP:
RB Wilson
FS Moore

SUSPENDED:
DE Willis

PS:
QB Sudfeld
FB Hokit
WR Cracraft
WR Benjamin * (brought up to 48)
TE Matthews
LG McKivitz
RG Kelemete
RT Kaufusi
RT Gutierrez
DE Barrett
NT Daniels
LB Sullivan
FS Mayden

I would be surprised if both Hurd and Jennings were left off the game day roster against the Lions. One or the other of them will be playing I imagine. Benjamin isn't part of the 53 and doesn't bring all that much to the table as a receiver. I suspect they will want to see how one of the others performs in live action since neither of them have been able to play in a regular season game since they were drafted. I imagine it will depend on which is "healthier". We all know Hurd's story and I guess Jennings had an issue with his heel that kept him out of the last game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
49ers worked out Riley Ridley, I would love to release Cracraft an sign Ridley to the practice squad. He's got talent an was in a horrible spot in Chicago with such bad QB play

Please please please sign him and get rid of Cracraft.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Ridley is garbage you guys are living off his brother. Not saying Cracraft is a star but at least he adds return ability. Cracraft college career was outstanding compared to Ridley.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Ridley is garbage you guys are living off his brother. Not saying Cracraft is a star but at least he adds return ability. Cracraft college career was outstanding compared to Ridley.

Higher potential than Cracraft and if you want just return ability then re-sign Nsimba Webster.

Higher potential than Cracraft and if you want just return ability then re-sign Nsimba Webster.

Higher potential how? Like I said Cracraft was the better college wr Ridley didn't do anything in college. They are the same height and weight so what are the potential disparities? One is Cracraft can return punts for a team that doesn't currently have a committed punt returner. And yeah if you are going to get rid of Cracraft then they are more than likely replacing him with someone who has returner ability.

Can't, Nsimba was claimed
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Higher potential how? Like I said Cracraft was the better college wr Ridley didn't do anything in college. They are the same height and weight so what are the potential disparities? One is Cracraft can return punts for a team that doesn't currently have a committed punt returner. And yeah if you are going to get rid of Cracraft then they are more than likely replacing him with someone who has returner ability.

Basing it off stats sure Cracraft would be better. But Ridley played in a Pro style offense in college vs the SEC. Was seen as more Pro ready than Cracraft, hence the reason he was drafted at a decent pick and Cracraft was seen as just another college system receiver. And It seems pretty clear that they already have a plan at PR and KR, why else would they be looking at depth and not a return man??

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Can't, Nsimba was claimed

Dammit!!
The key number is 48 on game day. if you don't bring up anyone from the PS, then you only need to not dress 5 of the 53. If you add 2 players from the practice squad for game day, then you have to not dress 7. Either way, you can only dress 48.

The 55 is confusing. Basically you have a 53 man roster. If you add 2 from the PS that makes it 55. However, you can only dress 48.

Yes, key number for gamedays are 55, you can bring up a max of 2 players from the PS, for a max of 2 games a year, if they change teams, go from say SF to SEA PS, they can play another 2 games with the new team. Also, due to COVID, this is basically an amendment to the 2020 CBA rules, you can bring up as many players from the PS as you have on the reserve/COVID-19 list, and the game doesn't count towards the 2 game limit.

For inactives, you need to inactivate at least 5, if you have 2 up, it's 7, if you have up guys from PS for COVID, it's still 7, as the guys they're taking the place of are on that COVID-19 list.
Projecting Josh Norman signing.

CB(5): Verrett, Moseley, K'Waun, Lenoir, & Norman

Banks
Jennings (Sanu and Jennings are a redundancy, so bring up a returner)
Street
Thomas
Flannigan-Fowels
Hurd (Hurd will recover more)

IR:
WR James
LT Coleman
RT Skule
DT Hurst
LB Kendricks
CB Harris

PUP:
RB Wilson
FS Moore

SUSPENDED:
DE Willis

PS:
QB Sudfeld
FB Hokit
WR Benjamin *
WR Cracraft
WR Zuber
TE Matthews
TE Hudson
LG McKivitz
RG Kelemete
RT Kaufusi
RT Gutierrez (doesn't count against PS count)
DE Barrett
NT Daniels
LB Sullivan
LB Smith
CB Virgin
FS Mayden

Cut:
Donte Johnson (probably replaces someone on the PS)
Projecting Josh Norman signing.

CB(5): Verrett, Moseley, K'Waun, Lenoir, & Norman

Banks
Jennings (Sanu and Jennings are a redundancy, so bring up a returner)
Street
Thomas
Flannigan-Fowels
Hurd (Hurd will recover more)

IR:
WR James
LT Coleman
RT Skule
DT Hurst
LB Kendricks
CB Harris

PUP:
RB Wilson
FS Moore

SUSPENDED:
DE Willis

PS:
QB Sudfeld
FB Hokit
WR Benjamin *
WR Cracraft
WR Zuber
TE Matthews
TE Hudson
LG McKivitz
RG Kelemete
RT Kaufusi
RT Gutierrez (doesn't count against PS count)
DE Barrett
NT Daniels
LB Sullivan
LB Smith
CB Virgin
FS Mayden

Cut:
Donte Johnson (probably replaces someone on the PS)

As I said before, I would be very surprised if both Hurd and Jennings are both inactive against the Lions. One or the other is certainly a possibility but not both unless they are still nursing injuries. My guess is that Jennings has the inside track since he flashed a bit in pre-season but it could go either way.

I imagine Aiyuk will return punts against Detroit and they will see how it goes. They may also be working with someone else like Thomas.
Taybor Pepper doesn't exist on any 53 man roster except the actual one.
Share 49ersWebzone