There are 312 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Book it.

Edit: Might need to find a spot for Colleto.

He'll certainly be competing with "31 teams are gon' pay!" H-back, Brayden Willis. In the end, I think kansas may be right in that he'll be stashed on the PS. But he's got a legit shot.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
@NC you like Fisher as a OT and not a G?

Yes, RT. But I don't know what Foerster will think. Do you think he projects to a G?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Offensive Personnel: --- 25
QB: Brock Purdy; Trey Lance & Sam Darnold
RB: Christian McCaffrey; Elijah Mitchell, Tyrion Davis-Price & Jordan Mason
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle; Cameron Latu & Brayden Willis
XWR: Brandon Aiyuk; Danny Gray
SWR: Jauan Jennings; Ray-Ray McCloud
ZWR/F: Deebo Samuel
LT: Trent Williams; Joey Fischer
LG: Aaron Banks; Nick Zakelj
C: Jake Brendel
RG: Spencer Burford; Jon Feliciano
RT: Colton McKivitz; Matt Pryor

Defensive Personnel: --- 25
RW9: Nick Bosa; Clelin Ferrell
3T: Javon Hargrave; T.Y. McGill
2i: Arik Armstead; Kevin Givens & Kalia Davis
LW9: Drake Jackson; Austin Bryant & Robert Beal Jr.
SAM: Dee Winters; Marcelino McCrary-Ball
MIKE: Fred Warner; Oren Burks
WILL: Dre Greenlaw
RCB: Charvarius Ward
SCB: Isaiah Oliver; Samuel Womack
LCB: Deommodore Lenoir; Darell Luter Jr.
FS: Tashaun Gipson; Ji'Ayir Brown
SS: Talanoa Hufanga; Miles Hartsfield & George Odum

Special Teams: --- 3
LS: Taybor Pepper
PK: Jake Moody
P: Mitch Wishnowsky

I think they keep 4 TEs, making Dwelley safe, plus the $700K GTD is a lot, also wonder if DFF makes it, $1.25M GTD out of $1.825M cap number.

I like Bell the WR to make the 53 if we keep 6 WRs.

I need to see Fisher first before anointing him as a 53 man guy, we did that with Poe last year, & West, plus others.

But this is pretty close to what I would have, I think Jalen Graham is a PS guy, maybe Bell will be too, but for the most part I envision the picks making it.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I think they keep 4 TEs, making Dwelley safe, plus the $700K GTD is a lot, also wonder if DFF makes it, $1.25M GTD out of $1.825M cap number.

I need to see Fisher first before anointing him as a 53 man guy, we did that with Poe last year, & West, plus others.

But this is pretty close to what I would have, I think Jalen Graham is a PS guy, maybe Bell will be too, but for the most part I envision the picks making it.

Oh really? I thought with the 2 new TE's and ability to catch, block and be an H back, we wouldn't need 4 anymore but that $ amount has me thinking otherwise. DFF is a good ST player too. But I think they like the other LB's ability to play on the field more (e.g. Burks came in right away off the bench over him who's been here for a couple years and Holland loves Winters...Ball is more like him). We'll see.

I agree about Fisher!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Oh really? I thought with the 2 new TE's and ability to catch, block and be an H back, we wouldn't need 4 anymore but that $ amount has me thinking otherwise. DFF is a good ST player too. But I think they like the other LB's ability to play on the field more (e.g. Burks came in right away off the bench over him who's been here for a couple years and Holland loves Winters...Ball is more like him). We'll see.

I agree about Fisher!

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of guaranteeing Dwelley $700K, but it is what it is, I'd rather not have 4 TEs, and just go with Kittle, Latu, & Willis.

Same with DFF, I'd rather have Burks, Winters, & Graham or McCrary-Ball as the backups.
Yes, RT. But I don't know what Foerster will think. Do you think he projects to a G?

The 32 inch arms bug me
AB why Ball over Curtis Robinson? He was actually on the roster last year and they clearly liked him enough to use one of their IR return designations on him.

Dwelley was behind Warner. 700k or not he shouldn't return.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 30, 2023 at 7:11 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
AB why Ball over Curtis Robinson? He was actually on the roster last year and they clearly liked him enough to use one of their IR return designations on him.

That's true. They did like him too.

The 32 inch arms bug me

That's a legit concern. Is that true though? 6'5" 322...Borland-like arm length? LOL

He is excellent at utilizing his long arms to initiate a well-timed punch to disrupt the rusher's rush and then steer the defender around the arc. - TDN
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 30, 2023 at 7:14 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I like McCrary-Ball more than Robinson, just personal preference.

Whenever I do early projections I always think with my business hat on, a guy has a lot of GTD money means he's got the better shot at making it. Just me though.

That's a legit concern. Is that true though? 6'5" 322...Borland-like arm length? LOL

He is excellent at utilizing his long arms to initiate a well-timed punch to disrupt the rusher's rush and then steer the defender around the arc. - TDN

I actually don't know if it is true. I mean there isn't much out there on the guy. Aside from tape of him mauling subpar competition. Would love for it to be wrong. Don't know where I read it. Probably here.

here is one article that lists all kinds of differences. Shorter, lighter and the 32 inch arms in the "cons" section. But take the sources with a grain of salt:
https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft/shepherd-joey-fisher-scouting-report
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on May 1, 2023 at 11:27 AM ]

I actually don't know if it is true. I mean there isn't much out there on the guy. Aside from tape of him mauling subpar competition. Would love for it to be wrong. Don't know where I read it. Probably here.

here is one article that lists all kinds of differences. Shorter, lighter and the 32 inch arms in the "cons" section. But take the sources with a grain of salt:
https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft/shepherd-joey-fisher-scouting-report

Me either. I think we might be confusing him with Steen who does have 32" arms? But I'm unsure, myself.
Me either. I think we might be confusing him with Steen who does have 32" arms? But I'm unsure, myself.

well now I'm on a mission

HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP
PRO DAY 6041 296 32 10 79 1/8 4.97 2.80 1.72 32 9'4" 4.83 7.57 40
Overall, a major uptick in competition awaits Fisher at the next level, but his coordination, play strength and finishing mentality will not look out of
place vs. NFL competition. He is a practice-squad candidate as he transitions inside to guard.

That's from The Athletics Draft Guide called "the Beast" Lists him as a guard in the publication. Couldn't find him under OT so I looked under Guard and what do you know?
Also from the Athletic today:
Fisher was exclusively a right tackle at Shepherd, though his body type — 32-inch arms — suggests he'll move inside with the 49ers. He practiced at center in the run-up to the draft but has never played that position. It will be interesting to see where he lines up during the 49ers' rookie minicamp next week.
Also from the Athletic today:
Fisher was exclusively a right tackle at Shepherd, though his body type — 32-inch arms — suggests he'll move inside with the 49ers. He practiced at center in the run-up to the draft but has never played that position. It will be interesting to see where he lines up during the 49ers' rookie minicamp next week.

Thanks dude! Ideally you want those 35" arms as many ER's have them as well. It'll be interesting to see how Foerster views him.
Share 49ersWebzone