No thank you.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Cut Mitchell.

No thank you.

He never plays.
He never plays.

I'm honestly not against this. I would cut a rb or wr and get another offensive lineman. Chances are we're going to need 10 of them through the season. Shanahan pretty much never gave the 4thor 5th wr any reps or even the third rb.

10 offensive lineman are more valuable

Mason hardly got any reps last year as rb3 and he was killing it. Rb4 is a joke same with wr5 in the way shanahan uses players.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Aug 8, 2023 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
I'm honestly not against this. I would cut a rb or wr and get another offensive lineman. Chances are we're going to need 10 of them through the season. Shanahan pretty much never gave the 4thor 5th wr any reps or even the third rb.

Mason hardly got any reps last year as rb3 and he was killing it. Rb4 is a joke same with wr5 in the way shanahan uses players.

Exactly or keep 4 RBs knowing Mitchell is going to spend most of the season on IR. Seems like a waste of a roster spot.
Cut Mitchell.

No. Mitchell is a proven stud, the injuries are a major concern but you have to keep talented players who are proven.

I hope CMC is healthy enough to play every down but it's unrealistic. We've seen Kyle's playcalling be hurt when he doesn't have RBs he trusts out there. Keep a strong group and CMC, Mitchell, TDP and Mason seems like a strong group.
Originally posted by genus49:
Cut Mitchell.

No. Mitchell is a proven stud, the injuries are a major concern but you have to keep talented players who are proven.

I hope CMC is healthy enough to play every down but it's unrealistic. We've seen Kyle's playcalling be hurt when he doesn't have RBs he trusts out there. Keep a strong group and CMC, Mitchell, TDP and Mason seems like a strong group.

Fans are really bored right now. I mean, you've even got people saying to trade Bosa.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
New updated roster projection, pre week 1 of the preseason, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/08/08/updated-49ers-2023-projected-53-man-roster-with-practice-squad-injured-lists-plus-2023-2024-salary-cap-implications-pre-week-1-of-the-preseason/

Nice write up Jason. Thanks for explaining the cap situation. That really helps when deciding who to keep and what bubble guys to cut.
New updated roster projection, pre week 1 of the preseason, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/08/08/updated-49ers-2023-projected-53-man-roster-with-practice-squad-injured-lists-plus-2023-2024-salary-cap-implications-pre-week-1-of-the-preseason/

As always, nice job AB. I am replacing Robert Beal with Austin Bryant now. Thought Bryant's injury was worse and would be out longer. We have a few differences so far this year. See if we get closer as season draws near.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Cut Mitchell.

No thank you.

He never plays.

Yes he does.

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
He never plays.

The 9th or 10th OL isn't going to go help the team as much as Mitchell, so it's not more valuable.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cut Mitchell.

Fans are really bored right now. I mean, you've even got people saying to trade Bosa.

Only trade that would happen for Bosa would be for Mahomes. I can't think of anything else worth it.
Originally posted by 60sFan:

As always, nice job AB. I am replacing Robert Beal with Austin Bryant now. Thought Bryant's injury was worse and would be out longer. We have a few differences so far this year. See if we get closer as season draws near.

Right on 60sFan, can't wait to see how this all shapes out, who makes the initial 53, who gets IR'd/Redshirted, look forward to see how our final projections look compared to each other cheers my friend
Originally posted by Howlett49:

Nice write up Jason. Thanks for explaining the cap situation. That really helps when deciding who to keep and what bubble guys to cut.

Thanks Howlett, appreciate that, I try my best
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cut Mitchell.

Only trade that would happen for Bosa would be for Mahomes. I can't think of anything else worth it.

If you guys think the WZ is crazy, look at Twitter or X whatever you want to call it, I refuse to call it X, but anyway, have Bears fans thinking they're gonna get Nick either in a trade or as a UFA next year like we wouldn't franchise tag Nick.
Share 49ersWebzone