LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 255 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What to do with Latu? From all accounts, he's having the worst camp of any player, but as a 3rd round pick, he probably wouldn't make it thru waivers to PS. Do we keep him as a perpetual-inactive but on the 53? Cut bait already?

He's had some issues with drops but from all accounts he looks a lot more explosive than expected and doing a good job of blocking. No reason at all to cut him.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
What to do with Latu? From all accounts, he's having the worst camp of any player, but as a 3rd round pick, he probably wouldn't make it thru waivers to PS. Do we keep him as a perpetual-inactive but on the 53? Cut bait already?

He's had some issues with drops but from all accounts he looks a lot more explosive than expected and doing a good job of blocking. No reason at all to cut him.

Yeah, no way the 49ers cut Latu, I'd keep him over Woerner & Dwelley, I hope they go with Kittle, Latu & Willis at TE, I don't see a need for a 4th TE, just have one on the PS.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Yeah, no way the 49ers cut Latu, I'd keep him over Woerner & Dwelley, I hope they go with Kittle, Latu & Willis at TE, I don't see a need for a 4th TE, just have one on the PS.

He's not getting cut. Everyone is overreacting to the drops, but you only drop the ball AFTER you get open, which is still a positive. He just needs the game to slow down for him. He also never had bad hands at Alabama, but he's just playing too fast right now and it's causing issues with his concentration, like many young players struggle with. People forget that rookie TEs usually don't do much in this league. Give him time to adjust to the pro game before writing him off. Right after we selected him everyone knew he was raw and needed time to develop, so what has changed? We aren't waiving him just because he started a little slow, when it was expected.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

He's not getting cut. Everyone is overreacting to the drops, but you only drop the ball AFTER you get open, which is still a positive. He just needs the game to slow down for him. He also never had bad hands at Alabama, but he's just playing too fast right now and it's causing issues with his concentration, like many young players struggle with. People forget that rookie TEs usually don't do much in this league. Give him time to adjust to the pro game before writing him off. Right after we selected him everyone knew he was raw and needed time to develop, so what has changed? We aren't waiving him just because he started a little slow, when it was expected.

So perpetual-inactive role?

That's the question. I was just thinking about that. My gut tells me, Kyle will keep him and try and develop him. The big mistake, was selecting him in the 3rd.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

So perpetual-inactive role?

Probably not.
Originally posted by 60sFan:

That's the question. I was just thinking about that. My gut tells me, Kyle will keep him and try and develop him. The big mistake, was selecting him in the 3rd.

This man gets it
Apparently Latu also caught a TD today.
Apparently Latu also caught a TD today.

I imagine it when down like that scene, when Stonehands caught the ball
Well, this is a bit muddied.

Are we going to:
  • Keep 4 TE's (and why?)
  • 4 RB's?
  • Is there enough talent to even keep 9 OL?
  • Is Kinlaw even worth wasting a roster spot on?
  • Keep 6 LB's?
  • 7 CB's?
  • 5 S's?
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 14, 2023 at 9:51 AM ]

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by lamontb:
My god we only have 3 tackles total on the roster. Talking about playing with fire at a very important position

Trent, McKivitz, Pryor, and Moore has played both T and G. Also, I think Joey Fisher can play either.
And Leroy Watson.

these guys aren't NFL caliber tackles. Moore should be cut
Originally posted by NCommand:

Are we going to:
  • Keep 4 TE's (and why?)
  • 4 RB's?
  • Keep 6 LB's?
  • 7 CB's?
  • 5 S's?

No reason to keep 4 tight ends.
I can see 4 rb's
No we are overrating the d line depth just like we did last year. There is virtually no depth behind any starter. Ty Mcgill might be the only real depth guy with potential
Kinlaw should be cut
6 linebackers seems like a stretch. guess if a guy is a special teams stand out
Maybe on 7 CB's
$ safeties
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
My god we only have 3 tackles total on the roster. Talking about playing with fire at a very important position

Trent, McKivitz, Pryor, and Moore has played both T and G. Also, I think Joey Fisher can play either.
And Leroy Watson.

these guys aren't NFL caliber tackles. Moore should be cut

idk if Ilm Manning can play both Tackle spots, he played LT, but maybe he wins the Swing T spot, or we hopefully sign a vet who gets cut.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Are we going to:
  • Keep 4 TE's (and why?)
  • 4 RB's?
  • Keep 6 LB's?
  • 7 CB's?
  • 5 S's?

No reason to keep 4 tight ends.
I can see 4 rb's
No we are overrating the d line depth just like we did last year. There is virtually no depth behind any starter. Ty Mcgill might be the only real depth guy with potential
Kinlaw should be cut
6 linebackers seems like a stretch. guess if a guy is a special teams stand out
Maybe on 7 CB's
$ safeties

I think 4 happens, Latu looked bad, but they won't cut him
CMC, Elijah, TDP & Mason as my 4 backs
Givens is a good player too, need to see Beal & Davis out there when healthy, also Hyder is good IMO, Ferrell looked good to me.
8 OL, we'll likely stash 4-5 OL on the PS.
Kinlaw isn't going anywhere, unless a trade, you save nothing by cutting him, and no one is worth a spot above him, maybe McGill, but I can see him making it.
Agreed on 6 LBs being a stretch
5 CBs for me
4 Safeties for me.
I think 4 happens, Latu looked bad, but they won't cut him
CMC, Elijah, TDP & Mason as my 4 backs
Givens is a good player too, need to see Beal & Davis out there when healthy, also Hyder is good IMO, Ferrell looked good to me.
8 OL, we'll likely stash 4-5 OL on the PS.
Kinlaw isn't going anywhere, unless a trade, you save nothing by cutting him, and no one is worth a spot above him, maybe McGill, but I can see him making it.
Agreed on 6 LBs being a stretch
5 CBs for me
4 Safeties for me.

I think Elijah is key, as our O calls for a lot of RB as pass catcher, thanks to CMC, and we don't want to totally lose all that, when he is not in the game. I don't know if Mason or TDP can do anything out of the backfield, as pass catchers. They seem to be works in progress here.
Share 49ersWebzone