LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 252 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I like Winters but the team seems to have some crazy love of DFF. He ran with the ones, as did Woerner and Conley when Gray went out, if I recall right.

I think the team will roll the dice with seeing if we can get Winters on the PS. Graham is being cross trained at all three spots. They also seem to like Burks for his special teams ability.

Can we trade Dwelley?

Side note, I'm super glad Hyder only had a stinger. He's for sure among our top four DE. I also like how Ferrell is doing. If Jackson takes the step up, I like our 4 man rotation. It sounds like Wilks is planning on using Kinlaw as both a DT and oversized DE in his scheme.

Good point on DFF, I hope you're wrong, I don't want to lose Winters, rather deal DFF for a draft pick, even a mid-late rd pick would do.

Good point on Woerner, & Conley didn't see them initially with the 1s, but now remember it, Conley came in when Gray went back to locker room. I hope we trade Dwelley, saves $1.08M total.

Glad Hyder is a stinger, hope he's ready, do you like Bryant at all? He has $550K GTD, just hate eating cap room, but if Hyder is the better player, keep him.

Didn't know that about Kinlaw, we'll see how it works out.

Bryant gets pushed around too easily and looks terrible against the run IMO. Give me Hyder over him all day.

If we can trade DFF I'm all for it, the bottom line for me is I think Graham and Winters have more long term upside and better players on defense.

I'm leaning towards the rookies and DFF making the 53 over McCrary-Ball. DFF seems to be a club favorite. He's also a solid special teams player who played the 4th most snaps there last year on the team. The rookies I believe offer greater long term potential. Burks will also stick because of his special teams abilities. Just my opinion.

I think Marcelino is a lock. He's looked terrific in camp and the games as well.
I'm leaning towards the rookies and DFF making the 53 over McCrary-Ball. DFF seems to be a club favorite. He's also a solid special teams player who played the 4th most snaps there last year on the team. The rookies I believe offer greater long term potential. Burks will also stick because of his special teams abilities. Just my opinion.

You may be right. I keep going back and forth with those two.
I like Winters but the team seems to have some crazy love of DFF. He ran with the ones, as did Woerner and Conley when Gray went out, if I recall right.

I think the team will roll the dice with seeing if we can get Winters on the PS. Graham is being cross trained at all three spots. They also seem to like Burks for his special teams ability.

Can we trade Dwelley?

Side note, I'm super glad Hyder only had a stinger. He's for sure among our top four DE. I also like how Ferrell is doing. If Jackson takes the step up, I like our 4 man rotation. It sounds like Wilks is planning on using Kinlaw as both a DT and oversized DE in his scheme.

Good point on DFF, I hope you're wrong, I don't want to lose Winters, rather deal DFF for a draft pick, even a mid-late rd pick would do.

Good point on Woerner, & Conley didn't see them initially with the 1s, but now remember it, Conley came in when Gray went back to locker room. I hope we trade Dwelley, saves $1.08M total.

Glad Hyder is a stinger, hope he's ready, do you like Bryant at all? He has $550K GTD, just hate eating cap room, but if Hyder is the better player, keep him.

Bryant gets pushed around too easily and looks terrible against the run IMO. Give me Hyder over him all day.

If we can trade DFF I'm all for it, the bottom line for me is I think Graham and Winters have more long term upside and better players on defense.

I think Marcelino is a lock. He's looked terrific in camp and the games as well.

I think that's the problem. They all look good. Gonna be some good players left out. There's going to be some tough decisions in that group. I do think McCrary-Ball looks better than DFF personally. However this regime seems to really like DFF and I think the special teams experience will keep him around. We'll see what happens.

Can we trade Dwelley?

You guys are right. I had the same concerning thoughts. Guys like DFF, Moore, Dwelley, Woerner, etc. were playing big roles and starting-like roles. The coaches seem to love these guys. They're OK, at best.
Is there a chance Q Knight beats out Oliver?

Can we trade Dwelley?

I think that's the problem. They all look good. Gonna be some good players left out. There's going to be some tough decisions in that group. I do think McCrary-Ball looks better than DFF personally. However this regime seems to really like DFF and I think the special teams experience will keep him around. We'll see what happens.

It seems like someone in this group has a real shot to get traded honestly. If so, who is it? That, I don't know.

Can we trade Dwelley?

It seems like someone in this group has a real shot to get traded honestly. If so, who is it? That, I don't know.

Yeah I agree. This weeks game will l hopefully create more answers than questions.

There also always seems to be a transaction or two post cuts where they grab a player that wasn't on the original 90. Waiting to see how that unfolds as well.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 20, 2023 at 4:32 PM ]
So anyone else concerned about CBs? We got Mooney lock in on one side, Leniore who probably has to play nickel.

Ambry is hit or miss.
Oliver a miss and slow despite early praise from JL. I think there's a cap hit to cutting him?

Unknowns :
Womack - plays fine in preseason but never see him in regular season

Rookies ?

There's no depth !

i think Jimmy Ward and his versatility will be missed. I get he was making $9M+ and we had to sacrifice to get Bosa and others extended.

JV is still available but not sure if he's formally retired, plus there's never been a player more injured due to non contact as him.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Aug 20, 2023 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Can we trade Dwelley?

You guys are right. I had the same concerning thoughts. Guys like DFF, Moore, Dwelley, Woerner, etc. were playing big roles and starting-like roles. The coaches seem to love these guys. They're OK, at best.

Ironically I have all 4 on my current 53 and it's because of that very reason. All of those guys just to seem to stick around for whatever reason. The staff loves them.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
So anyone else concerned about CBs? We got Mooney lock in on one side, Leniore who probably has to play nickel.

Ambry is hit or miss.
Oliver a miss and slow despite early praise from JL. I think there's a cap hit to cutting him?

Unknowns :
McCray-Ball - same as Womack.
Rookies ?

There's no depth !

i think Jimmy Ward and his versatility will be missed. I get he was making $9M+ and we had to sacrifice to get Bosa and others extended.

JV is still available but not sure if he's formally retired, plus there's never been a player more injured due to non contact as him.

I think Knight has played really well and I'm sure they'd love to keep him around on the practice squad if they can. They love versatile players and he can play every position in defensive backfield. I'm just not sure their quite ready to give up on Oliver just yet. As a starter yes, kicking him off the roster all together. I doubt that.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 20, 2023 at 4:28 PM ]

Ambry is hit or miss.

Unknowns :
McCray-Ball - same as Womack.
Rookies ?

There's no depth !

I think Knight has played really well and I'm sure they'd love to keep him around on the practice squad if they can. They love versatile players and he can play every position in defensive backfield. I'm just not sure their quite ready to give up on Oliver just yet. As a starter yes, kicking him off the roster all together. I doubt that.

JL loves his length. McBall confuses me when I see him play. He's a 6' 214 lb LB.

Can we trade Dwelley?

Ironically I have all 4 on my current 53 and it's because of that very reason. All of those guys just to seem to stick around for whatever reason. The staff loves them.

Facts.

Ambry is hit or miss.

Unknowns :

Rookies ?

There's no depth !

Despite what a few other posters want to pretend corner is the most ignored position on this team. I get they want a dominant rush but if we just had ONE more guy who we could count on then it'd be so hard to play against this defense. Lenoir is still a question mark as a full time starter and like you said there isn't much depth at the moment.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Ambry is hit or miss.

Unknowns :

Rookies ?

There's no depth !

Despite what a few other posters want to pretend corner is the most ignored position on this team. I get they want a dominant rush but if we just had ONE more guy who we could count on then it'd be so hard to play against this defense. Lenoir is still a question mark as a full time starter and like you said there isn't much depth at the moment.

More facts.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Ambry is hit or miss.

Unknowns :

Rookies ?

There's no depth !

More facts.

People need to realize that there's a cap, and we can't afford everyone, that's why we had to let Moseley go, and not replace in FA, we need to see how Lenoir, Ambry, Womack, etc.... do in a real game, that means something they may surprise us.

And who would you replace of our stars for another CB? It's just not the FO's MO.
Share 49ersWebzone