George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 151 users in the forums

The 2021 49ers Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

grant crying as he typed that out

Oh man Lions DC is going to be trippin out trying to prepare for both

Originally posted by thl408:
Do we have two starting QBs or two backup QBs?

Jimmy has shown when healthy he is a good qb. There is enough sample size for this. That being said he does have huge limitations to his game no one is denying that.

Lance is just raw we knew this when we drafted him pre-draft i thought he would need 1 year. But he has made huge strides since his last college game. I still dont think he is ready yet but its very promising i would feel comfortable with him as the starter but would prefer him to get more practice reps in first
Originally posted by TownNiner:
Does a dual QB approach work?

I think it 100% works if you're winning, and by game 12 or so you have a definite #1 (should both be healthy).

Going into the playoffs without defined roles is another story.

My guy JV is a difference maker
Originally posted by JTB1974:

I would like to go with the glass half full approach and say our QB's were on point.

Yeah Grant I'm sure it was because the defense sucked or was subpar. That guy's the biggest f**king dick that's ever lived on the face of the earth. And then his stupid smug, a**hole question in the press conference "what do you hope to gain by not naming a starter yet?" Kyle's answer was perfect, such a sweet metaphorical kick in the nuts. Also what he said at the very end was basically a giant middle finger to the entire media "you'll never get a straight answer from me."
Originally posted by random49er:

I think it 100% works if you're winning, and by game 12 or so you have a definite #1 (should both be healthy).

Going into the playoffs without defined roles is another story.

it doesnt work if you are switching qbs just to switch them though

It makes sense to give certain packages to Trey because his arm and mobility
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Duel quarterbacks. rotating quarterbacks never work and is stupid. you screw up timing. you screw up leadership and its the quickest way to divide a locker room. just beyond dumb

No. There are no examples of it working at the pro-level. Some might point to Taysom Hill, but he only attempted about 10 passes in total when Brees was healthy.
Originally posted by ritz126:
it doesnt work if you are switching qbs just to switch them though

It makes sense to give certain packages to Trey because his arm and mobility

That's not necessarily relevant either, listen carefully to how Shanahan explains the whole dual QB system concept during a game(or any part of the season). It all has to do with the flow of the game, situations, matchups and game plan and who the opponent is, etc. He basically hinted they've been watching and studying tons of New Orleans Saints film from the past couple years.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 25, 2021 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Duel quarterbacks. rotating quarterbacks never work and is stupid. you screw up timing. you screw up leadership and its the quickest way to divide a locker room. just beyond dumb

Get your resume and coaching staff short list ready for when this dual QB offense gets Kyle fired.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Get your resume and coaching staff short list ready for when this dual QB offense gets Kyle fired.

It all depends on how it's implemented/executed. I swear people are just looking for anything to b***h about it doesn't matter what it is. It's not like there's going to be some even 50-50 rotation or trading off type of scenario.
Shanahan never put QB in the rythme.
Dont care if we switch qb every plays
Share 49ersWebzone