George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 138 users in the forums

The 2021 49ers Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Secret injury? Glad he's back tho.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Walkthrough day.
Not sure why he posted it with this video but Verrett is back at practice. Everyone can breathe easily again.

Not sure why he posted it with this video but Verrett is back at practice. Everyone can breathe easily again.

Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

you catch that freaken heat, or you're freaken CUT!

Should hit them in the face mask right after they turned around.

People talking about Welkers arm while I'm like why didn't Hurd do the cutting part of the drill.

Probably limiting how much he has to cut on that knee when they can help it.

A WR that has to limit his change of direction isn't ready to compete for a spot.

Yep. This won't end well. Hope I'm wrong.

So let's see you have an athlete that is dealing with tendinitis and has an opportunity to continue getting better and you want him to work out his knee as hard as he possibly can? In what world does that make any sense?
Originally posted by Izyniner:

People talking about Welkers arm while I'm like why didn't Hurd do the cutting part of the drill.

A WR that has to limit his change of direction isn't ready to compete for a spot.

So let's see you have an athlete that is dealing with tendinitis and has an opportunity to continue getting better and you want him to work out his knee as hard as he possibly can? In what world does that make any sense?

I think what we're saying is that if he can't do any hard cutting right now, he isn't ready to be trying to win a spot. This is all conjecture based on that video clip.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Izyniner:

I think what we're saying is that if he can't do any hard cutting right now, he isn't ready to be trying to win a spot. This is all conjecture based on that video clip.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. That if he can't run his routes hard, then his chances for earning playing time (roster spot) isn't good. I get that they are being careful with him, that's fine. But if they have to be careful with him, how can he prove himself and win a spot over a WR that is able to practice hard? Maybe his draft status is what will earn him a spot regardless of whether he can practice hard. And yeah, it's speculation off a rep in practice. I hope he can play on Sunday so we can see where he's at.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. That if he can't run his routes hard, then his chances for earning playing time (roster spot) isn't good. I get that they are being careful with him, that's fine. But if they have to be careful with him, how can he prove himself and win a spot over a WR that is able to practice hard? Maybe his draft status is what will earn him a spot regardless of whether he can practice hard. And yeah, it's speculation off a rep in practice. I hope he can play on Sunday so we can see where he's at.

I don't see Kyle and John cutting Hurd. He either makes the 53 or ends up on IR or the pup list. The different between Hurd and Pettis is Pettis had a chance to prove it on the field that he belongs and he didn't. With Hurd he hasn't had that chance, He just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Aslong as Kyle feels Hurd is a great player when healthy he won't cut him. It's the fear that when he gets healthy he will turn into some all-pro with another team.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:

I don't see Kyle and John cutting Hurd. He either makes the 53 or ends up on IR or the pup list. The different between Hurd and Pettis is Pettis had a chance to prove it on the field that he belongs and he didn't. With Hurd he hasn't had that chance, He just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Aslong as Kyle feels Hurd is a great player when healthy he won't cut him. It's the fear that when he gets healthy he will turn into some all-pro with another team.

I sure hope that ACL holds up, it'd be a shame if he couldn't come back.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I sure hope that ACL holds up, it'd be a shame if he couldn't come back.

To be honest I am more worried about the back than I am the knee injury. Atleast longterm. The ACL injury will fully heal eventually. But back injuries linger and could stay with you forever.
Jason Verrett is the one of the best CBs the 49ers have had since, don't know, last 6-7 years? Still, he's only signed for 1 year. Maybe it's the injuries, because there was a stretch of 3 years when he played like < 10 games.
If these 3 guys are healthy and play at full capacity - Bosa, Warner and Verrett, the defense is going to be top notch.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Jason Verrett is the one of the best CBs the 49ers have had since, don't know, last 6-7 years? Still, he's only signed for 1 year. Maybe it's the injuries, because there was a stretch of 3 years when he played like < 10 games.
If these 3 guys are healthy and play at full capacity - Bosa, Warner and Verrett, the defense is going to be top notch.

Richard Sherman was legit his first few years here
Share 49ersWebzone