There are 254 users in the forums

The 2021 49ers Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by 49ergang261:
Is anyone considering betting everything they own on the 49ers destroying the Detroit Lions? I'm seriously thinking about pooling every dollar i own, taking a loan on my 401(k), doing a cash refinance on my home and putting it all on the 49ers to beat the Lions.

I've never been more confident in a victory in my life. The Lions are absolutely terrible. I'm getting major 2019 vibes from this 49er squad. We're mostly healthy (knock on wood) and are better at almost every position against the Lions.

I don't know… The Lions are bad and we should destroy them, but we've also struggled in all of our season openers, especially offensively, under Shanahan.

If Tomsula won a week 1 before, then anythings possible. Jimmy could turn it over a lot too.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
I don't know… The Lions are bad and we should destroy them, but we've also struggled in all of our season openers, especially offensively, under Shanahan.

I don't think you understand how bad the Lions are this year. That roster is arguably the worst in the NFL. Dan Campbell is a meme.

This year feels different. No one knows what the f*ck we're going to do at QB week 1. I feel like Shanny has been planning this for months. How do you prepare for Jimmy G and Trey? Cause you know we're gonna see both.

How do we lose? Jared Goff goes off and picks apart our secondary? With who? TJ Hockenson? Their WR room is atrocious. It's one of the worst i've ever seen.
  • thl408
It's a position that only plays about 33% of the time, but who is the starting SAM linebacker?
Originally posted by thl408:
It's a position that only plays about 33% of the time, but who is the starting SAM linebacker?

I'd imagine its still Al-Shaair?
  • thl408
Originally posted by natrone06:

I'd imagine its still Al-Shaair?

Ok, thanks. I should pay attention.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is anyone considering betting everything they own on the 49ers destroying the Detroit Lions? I'm seriously thinking about pooling every dollar i own, taking a loan on my 401(k), doing a cash refinance on my home and putting it all on the 49ers to beat the Lions.

I've never been more confident in a victory in my life. The Lions are absolutely terrible. I'm getting major 2019 vibes from this 49er squad. We're mostly healthy (knock on wood) and are better at almost every position against the Lions.

While I believe we will win. I would never bet against a first time head coach. History of first time head coaches pulling out a W cause the opposing team had nothing to gameplan for is something to be cautious of.

Example: Tomsula beats the Vikings.
i thought that was the start of something big.,.. good god cc.. lucky i jumped off that ship after game 3

I'm hoping to lay one down on winning the SB at 14-1 odds.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

I'm hoping to lay one down on winning the SB at 14-1 odds.
just made that bet at Circa this past weekend
Originally posted by cciowa:

While I believe we will win. I would never bet against a first time head coach. History of first time head coaches pulling out a W cause the opposing team had nothing to gameplan for is something to be cautious of.

i thought that was the start of something big.,.. good god cc.. lucky i jumped off that ship after game 3

I remember Hyde's spin move to paydirt and thought the same thing...what a mirage that team was. Thought we could compete again that year but really it was just a polished turd of the team that Harbaugh had.

Mike Nolan won a couple season openers too

Originally posted by ltrain:

I remember Hyde's spin move to paydirt and thought the same thing...what a mirage that team was. Thought we could compete again that year but really it was just a polished turd of the team that Harbaugh had.

That wasn't even polished. That was a big nasty steamer of a turd
Dennis Erickson game 1 v rest of 49er coaching career

Demolished Bears 49-7 then went 8-23 and earned us the #1 overall pick for Alex Smith

New coaches and 1st game are absolutely unpredictable
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by ltrain:

That wasn't even polished. That was a big nasty steamer of a turd

it was a yellow puddle of diarrhea
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Dennis Erickson game 1 v rest of 49er coaching career

Demolished Bears 49-7 then went 8-23 and earned us the #1 overall pick for Alex Smith

New coaches and 1st game are absolutely unpredictable

I still remember that one.... Many painful memories after It too..
Soft.

Share 49ersWebzone