• thl408
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Guys I'm looking forward to seeing the most this preseason:

• Hurd
  • Wilson
  • Jennings
  • Harris at linebacker
  • All of the rookies

Rookies, Hurd, Samson, Kinlaw, McGlinchey minus the eating disorder, Jordan Matthews the TE.
Originally posted by thl408:

• Hurd
  • Wilson
  • Jennings
  • Harris at linebacker
  • All of the rookies

Rookies, Hurd, Samson, Kinlaw, McGlinchey minus the eating disorder, Jordan Matthews the TE.

Seems like Hurd will have to show something or he's not going to make the roster. He's had one catch so far, so if he's penciled in right now, it's not based on performance. We all agree he has the highest upside. Hopefully he shows well on Saturday.
Originally posted by northoakland510:
I plan on going, just hate paying for the parking.

I paid for "premium parking" once back in 2015. Got dam they packed us in like sardines. I could barely get out of the rental. At least we were close to the stadium.
Originally posted by 49erminion:

I paid for "premium parking" once back in 2015. Got dam they packed us in like sardines. I could barely get out of the rental. At least we were close to the stadium.
rookie mistake by getting there late
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erminion:

rookie mistake by getting there late

Don't feel bad. We had season tickets for 34 years at the Stick. We lived in Mountain View so we parked in the main lot on the southern end. It was always a pain in the ass getting out after the game. All those cars being funneled into ever fewer lanes as you worked toward the freeway.

Then about 20 years or so after parking in the southern part of the lot we had a friend tell us they always parked in the smaller area where all the campers and busses were. We started bypassing the Candlestick entry off 101 and entered via 3rd Street. It was a breeze getting out. We were on the freeway in 10-15 minutes after the game was over compared to 45-60 minutes. The point is it takes awhile to find out the best routes and places to park. We wasted all those hours in traffic for 20 years before we found the solution.
here is a link to the broadcast map

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=p1

• Hurd
  • Wilson
  • Jennings
  • Harris at linebacker
  • All of the rookies

Matthews at TE is a good one. I just don't see how he makes the team unless he is somehow a phenomenal blocker or we keep 4TE's. Everything out of camp says Dwelley has been looking real sharp and Kyle in the past has used that #3 TE primarily as a run blocker (ie. Toilolo & Woerner).

Also add Arden Key to that list.
[ Edited by GangstaGangsta on Aug 10, 2021 at 12:11 PM ]

• Hurd
  • Wilson
  • Jennings
  • Harris at linebacker
  • All of the rookies

Matthews fo sho! I'm really pulling for him as TE. If it pans out, what a great complement to Kittle. Gotta see his blocking, though.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

• Hurd
  • Wilson
  • Jennings
  • Harris at linebacker
  • All of the rookies

Seems like Hurd will have to show something or he's not going to make the roster. He's had one catch so far, so if he's penciled in right now, it's not based on performance. We all agree he has the highest upside. Hopefully he shows well on Saturday.

Feels like Shanny's presser was more for Hurd ears than anyone else. Kid needs to step up now or basically never. Last thing we need though is to cut the guy and then have him go someplace like Seattle and actually play well like DJ Reed.
  • thl408

• Hurd
  • Wilson
  • Jennings
  • Harris at linebacker
  • All of the rookies

Matthews at TE is a good one. I just don't see how he makes the team unless he is somehow a phenomenal blocker or we keep 4TE's. Everything out of camp says Dwelley has been looking real sharp and Kyle in the past has used that #3 TE primarily as a run blocker (ie. Toilolo & Woerner).

Also add Arden Key to that list.

If Dwelley is TE2, then I agree it may be difficult for Matthews to make the roster as TE3, because like you said, TE3 in Kyle's offense has usually been a very good run blocker with no emphasis on needing to catch the ball. If that holds true, Woerner is in the mix since he was scouted as a very good run blocker in college. I didn't see that in 2020, but in his defense Woerner had a shortened camp and no preseason.

Cue the Vietnam flashbacks. f**k the chiefs
[ Edited by RumphSteak on Aug 10, 2021 at 4:19 PM ]
I haven't been this excited for a preseason game since… ever! The anticipation of Trey Lance taking his first snaps with the 49ers is goose-bumping! I doubt there will be anything disappointing. Can't wait!

Go Niners!
Originally posted by Spartan:
I haven't been this excited for a preseason game since… ever! The anticipation of Trey Lance taking his first snaps with the 49ers is goose-bumping! I doubt there will be anything disappointing. Can't wait!

Go Niners!

same
This will be my first opportunity to sit in my seats since I became a season ticketholder. can't wait!!!
Originally posted by luv49rs:
This will be my first opportunity to sit in my seats since I became a season ticketholder. can't wait!!!

Good s**t bro. Sounds like a good reason to act a dam fool
Share 49ersWebzone