There are 169 users in the forums

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Very simple question.
Amd now we have finly combined the Trey and Jimmy threads. Get ready for 800 pages in the next 2.4 days.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Amd now we have finly combined the Trey and Jimmy threads. Get ready for 800 pages in the next 2.4 days.

I have faith we can keep it civil in here. This is far from the franchise's first "QB controversy" (if you want to call this one).

I can see the arguments to both sides. Just curious what the fanbase as a whole (on here at least) thinks.
jimmys not gonna be here next year. We continue getting trey familiar with our personel and how fast the game goes.

If we want next year to be another throw away year we start jimmy again and roll with him the rest of the way. Next year will be the year we waste getting trey familiar with the first string.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Oct 11, 2021 at 8:45 AM ]
TRADE LANCE

Start Jimmy and let Trey work on mechanics and film study. At some point down the road Trey will get to go in again.
Actually, this won't be a question in a couple more weeks cause jimmy will get hurt again. Dude will never stay healthy. This is lance's team now.
im guessing Kyle goes back to Jimmy vs the Colts if he's healthy.
Well if Kyle is going to just use Trey as a running back, then I would prefer to start Jimmy for now.
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Oct 11, 2021 at 8:48 AM ]
Jimmy G if healthy. Trey isn't ready and starting him would mean Shanahan and company have completely 'packed it in' for 2021

If Jimmy started yesterday, we would have won. Trey looked good to me yesterday, but he still has a lot to learn. We can compete with Jimmy.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
If Jimmy started yesterday, we would have won. Trey looked good to me yesterday, but he still has a lot to learn. We can compete with Jimmy.

If jimmy started yesterday he would have been sacked 17 times. JJ watt would have killed him.
To me, it doesn't really matter. Season is over. Yeah, they can go back to Jimmy, I guess. But then I hope people keep their expectations in check next year as well since Trey won't have any experience. But I know people wont. They'll expect him to come out and dominate like Mahomes after sitting on the bench for a year taking mental reps, lol.

Then we are potentially talking about having a losing season this year and possibly another one next year due to Trey's growing pains. I know Jed extended Kyle recently, but would like to see some reassurance that he's still committed to this regime or not. I'm not sure anymore. It just sounds like we're rebuilding again
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Oct 11, 2021 at 8:56 AM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

If jimmy started yesterday he would have been sacked 17 times. JJ watt would have killed him.

+1 JJ Watt was in the backfield a lot
I say develop Trey... Three games back in this division, I think we need to face up to the facts that we may very well be done now. Arizona is for real... the Rams aren't gonna lose too many more either. Let's say that we go on a run and go 8-4 from here on out... that still only equates to a 10-7 record and that simply ain't gonna cut it for a wildcard berth in the NFC.

We've seen Jimmy. We KNOW damned well what he can and can't do. We know his strengths and weaknesses. Personally I seen enough from Trey to say start him and develop him and therein lies the rub.... One... I don't think Kyle knows HOW to call a game for Trey's skillset and TWO.. Kyle has never truly developed a QB... He's ruined them. CJ Beathard had all the tools to be sucessful and Mullens was basically a clone of Jimmy G and they are both shells of their former selves. The one QB that Kyle DID have ago at devoloping... that's right.. none other than RG3.

And we've all seen how THAT turned out.

Kyle has been our head coach for 5 seasons now and has a losing record...and bar one season, all the non Superbowl teams have been VERY bad. I am not suggesting that he be fired right now, but if this team does not show SIGNIFICANT improvement, then I think that HAS to be the next logical step.
Share 49ersWebzone