There are 171 users in the forums

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Let Lance learn from the clipboard. He still needs to work on the basic eg footwork, arm mechanics, reading the defense, etc. Why force him in, when Jimmy is available to hold fort ? Alex did it for Mahomes in KC. Favre did it for Rodgers in GB. We are not in the same desperate situation as Jacksonville and NY where rookie is expected to play on Day 1.

Will Jimmy win us the SB this year ? Highly doubtful. But he keeps us in contention. At the same time Lance continues to learn.
Jimmy, obviously.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
As long as we're still in the hunt, Shanny is going to go with Jimmy.
It'll be the same as before, JG as the starter, with some Lance sprinkled In from time to time.
seeing as how Lance and his sprained knee might not even be ready for the Colts. I am going out on a limb and saying JG starts.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Oct 11, 2021 at 8:33 PM ]
Celebrate
Originally posted by FL9er:
Plot twist. What if neither guy is the answer?

Nate Sudfeld for MVP
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Football:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Plot twist. What if neither guy is the answer?

Nate Sudfeld for MVP

I'd personally go with letting the promising rookie play and go through the growing pains this year.

As for what Kyle will do? I'm not sure but I think he will go with Jimmy and while I have been critical of some of his situational coaching decisions recently, I still think he's a top coach doing everything he can to win games and if he thinks that's Jimmy, that's fine with me.
Originally posted by mojave45:
seeing as how Lance and his sprained knee might not even be ready for the Colts. I am going out on a limb and saying JG starts.

It depends whether it is a high or low knee sprain?

Sprinkle in Lance with JG as the starter like Saints (Brees/Hill) and Ravens (Flacco/Jackson)

Defenses will just have to prepare for both QBs
Jesus Christ the poll
If he is ready he should start obviously because Lance may not even be able to play the next game. PS we're all Giants Browns and Steelers fans this week although I have no hope for the Giants they'll probably get annihilated by LAR.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Jimmy isnt good without a run game. And we dont have the run game we had in 2019

Then, fix it! They need the O-line to play better and if needed play an extra lineman. While Mitchell is not Mostert he is a good back, if the line can punch some decent holes, he can make some big plays. If he was still injured then I wouldn't argue with you cos the rest of the available backs are crap.

BetweenRG and RT, we didn't get great blocking. Ok, ok, it was JJ and Chandler….two knuckle dragging tough guys who nobody really blocks. Still and all, i was surprised that Jaylon did't get the call to at least spell one or the other of RG or RT. Moore could have shown us if he really can play against some of the best. And R Side of Line was playing poorly. I'd really like to see him in there next time R side of line goes pfffffttttt. Other thing i would like is to see Banks….is he injured and if so how and how bad. Can he start gettting some PT or is he IRed for the yr?

Back to Jaylon, if R side of OL is getting their heads handed to them, try Jaylon…what's it gonna hurt?
Sit Davis Mills back on the bench and let Jimmy finish the season then draft OL with our 1st round pick next year and our first round pick in '23.
J/K.
50/50 poll, wow.
Share 49ersWebzone