49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 123 users in the forums

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Is this a serious question? We should start Jimmy of course.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Jimmy G is one of the two qb in the league who has proven shannys system can win. And he's doing it without a hall of fame receiver. shannys system is gadgety complicated and strict. Most qb's don't like that but jimmy puts up with it and tries to work within it. I think trey is not a fit cause he has too much physical and trust in his own judgement. I think that will piss off kyle in the long run. I think jimmy inherently trusts kyle which kyle and jimmy need. That's why Kyle caving in to fantasy football pressure is hurtful for jimmy and throws off his game. Our best co-dependent option moving forward is kyle and jimmy. There. i spelled it all out.

But, we will get the best of both worlds when kyle schemes trey into the offense at tight end and full back. Trey will do what he's comfortable with and we groom our juscyk replacement.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Jimmy G is one of the two qb in the league who has proven shannys system can win. And he's doing it without a hall of fame receiver. shannys system is gadgety complicated and strict. Most qb's don't like that but jimmy puts up with it and tries to work within it. I think trey is not a fit cause he has too much physical and trust in his own judgement. I think that will piss off kyle in the long run. I think jimmy inherently trusts kyle which kyle and jimmy need. That's why Kyle caving in to fantasy football pressure is hurtful for jimmy and throws off his game. Our best co-dependent option moving forward is kyle and jimmy. There. i spelled it all out.

But, we will get the best of both worlds when kyle schemes trey into the offense at tight end and full back. Trey will do what he's comfortable with and we groom our juscyk replacement.

First paragraph made some sense. Second paragraph
Originally posted by communist:

logically, yes.

however the fan in me wants Trey to continue starting
He should do himself and the team a favor and retire...
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by communist:

logically, yes.

however the fan in me wants Trey to continue starting

But I know you are smarter then that.
Originally posted by frenchtoast:
He should do himself and the team a favor and retire...

I think it a little early for Trey to retire. I am sure he will come good in a couple of seasons.
Kyle needs to get his head out of his a** before any of this.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
First paragraph made some sense. Second paragraph

JJust going just going off of sample size of one game
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Looking forward to 2 yard passes after the bye week
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Looking forward to 2 yard passes after the bye week

there won't be, cause Trey will be starting.
Depends. If they are serious about developing Lance as a complete qb and will limit the designed runs I think you start Lance and trade Jimmy G. That's probably the only reason he didn't end up on IR anyways. If Lance would have balled out Jimmy would have been traded. BUT - if Lance is truly not ready and will be used as a running back I think Jimmy should start. There is huge value in Lance sitting and learning and not taking so many hits.
Shanahan already said Garoppolo is the QB when healthy, so it's pointless to debate.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Shanahan already said Garoppolo is the QB when healthy, so it's pointless to debate.

Matt Nagy said that Andy Dalton was the QB when healthy too.
Share 49ersWebzone