There are 175 users in the forums

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Jimmy G is one of the two qb in the league who has proven shannys system can win. And he's doing it without a hall of fame receiver. shannys system is gadgety complicated and strict. Most qb's don't like that but jimmy puts up with it and tries to work within it. I think trey is not a fit cause he has too much physical and trust in his own judgement. I think that will piss off kyle in the long run. I think jimmy inherently trusts kyle which kyle and jimmy need. That's why Kyle caving in to fantasy football pressure is hurtful for jimmy and throws off his game. Our best co-dependent option moving forward is kyle and jimmy. There. i spelled it all out.

But, we will get the best of both worlds when kyle schemes trey into the offense at tight end and full back. Trey will do what he's comfortable with and we groom our juscyk replacement.

In 2019 his D plus Jimmy having great rb's to hand it off to made his scheme work. It's a failed scheme now. Just load the box caus Jimmy can't throw outside the numbers.Duh. Without rb's Jimmy's the problem
[ Edited by socal1632 on Oct 12, 2021 at 8:02 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Shanahan already said Garoppolo is the QB when healthy, so it's pointless to debate.

Matt Nagy said that Andy Dalton was the QB when healthy too.

No need to create a qb controversy into bye week with both qbs injured.
If he starts James again it's because he was told winning record/playoffs this year or he's fired
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Shanahan already said Garoppolo is the QB when healthy, so it's pointless to debate.

Matt Nagy said that Andy Dalton was the QB when healthy too.

No need to create a qb controversy into bye week with both qbs injured.

No controversy, it's Nate time!! Our own 40 is the new goal line!!!!
Flucking Kyle getting everyone hurt😆😆😆😆🤬🤬🤬🤡🤡🤡🤡
Originally posted by rxrunner:
Why would you want to start Jimmy again? Let the kid learn

It's not like we are bringing back Jimmy at the end of the year

The kid needs to learn not to take 50 hits in a game. Let him redshirt this year and learn how to be an NFL QB.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

The kid needs to learn not to take 50 hits in a game. Let him redshirt this year and learn how to be an NFL QB.

How do you not take hits on QB draws up the middle? He should slide as soon as he gets the snap or something? That was a horrible gameplan and there's no way he wasn't gonna get hit on all those designed runs up the middle.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 12, 2021 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by socal1632:
If he starts James again it's because he was told winning record/playoffs this year or he's fired

No its not. 🙄

Jed already said he's ok with paying Garoppolo while Lance develops. He's not going to let his coach trade all that draft capital for a rookie QB and then demand playoffs or he's fired in year one of having Lance. Use some common sense.

How do you not take hits on QB draws up the middle? He should slide as soon as he gets the snap or something? That was a horrible gameplan and there's no way he wasn't gonna get hit on all those designed runs up the middle.

Lance isn't ready, so Shanahan was trying to fill the gaps of his knowledge of the playbook with his athletic talent. It was a terrible gameplan, but that's why he was doing it. He should've just ran Mitchell instead. Kyle looked unprepared to build something around Lance at this point in his development, so its like he just dusted off an RGIII gameplan.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 12, 2021 at 8:17 AM ]
Yeah the Yorks have been at this awhile.They know all the pieces have to be in place to win.I think Kyle is here as long as he likes coaching in San Francisco.
No its not. 🙄

Jed already said he's ok with paying Garoppolo while Lance develops. He's not going to let his coach trade all that draft capital for a rookie QB and then demand playoffs or he's fired in year one of having Lance. Use some common sense.

Lance isn't ready, so Shanahan was trying to fill the gaps of his knowledge of the playbook with his athletic talent. It was a terrible gameplan, but that's why he was doing it. He should've just ran Mitchell instead. Kyle looked unprepared to build something around Lance at this point in his development, so its like he just dusted off an RGIII gameplan.

That I believe. Although with RG3 it definitely wasn't run up the middle 10 times. Should've used more zone read out of the gun, and less of that pistol bs.

Kyle needs to adapt there, or just let him play a little football. The guy played under center the whole time in college. But we know how stubborn Kyle can be at times.

I thought winning records/playoffs was the whole point of sports. Can't believe people would welcome tanking a season if it meant developing one player. What portion of the fanbase is in a "cult" again?

[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Oct 12, 2021 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

I thought winning records/playoffs was the whole point of sports. Can't believe people would welcome tanking a season if it meant developing one player. What portion of the fanbase is in a "cult" again?

Some believe we can win with Trey as much as we can win with Jimmy.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

And some…. Like myself… don't know either way. But we reject the notion that we can't win with Lance.

Apparently half the webzone has time machines and can see the future.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

And some…. Like myself… don't know either way. But we reject the notion that we can't win with Lance.

Apparently half the webzone has time machines and can see the future.

Yep. I dont necessarily think we can win more with Lance starting, but I also dont necessarily think we can win more with Jimmy either.
Share 49ersWebzone