There are 179 users in the forums

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Originally posted by Joecool:
It's unfortunate, but as long as we can sustain being competitive in games without breaking Lance, we need to move forward with Lance.

Think so, Bill had some growing pains with Josh Allen, but he is a beast. Shanahan may want to pay attention to how Buffalo utilizes him. That game plan was absurd yesterday, gonna get him killed.
Lance threw a pick 2 plays in.

If that was Jimmy .....hoooo boy.....but since it's Lance, not a peep about it.

89 yards?! FOH

START JIMMY IF HEALTHY.

LANCE SUCKS

THERE I SAID IT. YOU HEARD IT.
Start him. The season isnt over yet. Everyone seems beatable and susceptible to injuries.
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
It's unfortunate, but as long as we can sustain being competitive in games without breaking Lance, we need to move forward with Lance.

Think so, Bill had some growing pains with Josh Allen, but he is a beast. Shanahan may want to pay attention to how Buffalo utilizes him. That game plan was absurd yesterday, gonna get him killed.

Josh Allen had 11 rushing attempts last night
Trey Lance had 16 rushing attempts yesterday

it comes down to being smart and not taking as many hits and getting down or OOB.
In all seriousness,whether be it Lance or Jimmy...

This team isn't going to go deep into the playoffs without Better DB and RB execution..

Pass defense gets exploited all the time. Running game is meh.
If you want to get the most amount of wins this year, then you go with Jimmy. The problem is that those wins will probably still keep us out of the Postseason, so they are pretty much pointless.

If you want to develop the QB of the future and have him ready to go Week 1 next year to actually challenge for a Playoff spot, then put Lance out there. We won't win a lot this year, but he will get on the job training. Kyle just needs to know running him up the gut all game is not a good strategy to develop him. Thats the RG3 route.
Jimmy G is just so much further ahead mentally. It's not even close. Jimmy starts if ready to go. Trey is so confused out there. Inaccurate too.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

it comes down to being smart and not taking as many hits and getting down or OOB.

Allen is a lot bigger but still looks to avoid contact whenever possible. As a QB, if you're going to take on defenders head-on, you won't last long in this league.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
If Jimmy started yesterday, we would have won. Trey looked good to me yesterday, but he still has a lot to learn. We can compete with Jimmy.

If jimmy started yesterday he would have been sacked 17 times. JJ watt would have killed him.

James would have gotten killed
Looking forward to seeing more of Lance when his time comes.

That said, hoping Garoppolo is back healthy starting next game vs. Indy. This offense puts points on the board when Garoppolo can make it through a full game. When he does, he and the team do this:

29 ppg. (I'll take that with the way this D is playing)

25-7

Worst loss: 11 points (they've had a chance in every game)

We've seen Garoppolo play in 19 straight games in 2019 without coming out a single play due to injury. Can he put together another good stretch of injury-free football? I'm hoping he can starting next game vs. Indy and for the remainder of this season in seeing the games remaining on the schedule. Just get into the playoffs, and once you're in, anything can happen.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jimmy G is just so much further ahead mentally. It's not even close. Jimmy starts if ready to go. Trey is so confused out there. Inaccurate too.

Further ahead at what? Throwing strikes to LBer's?????
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Further ahead at what? Throwing strikes to LBer's?????

Exactly what I said. Mentally.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Allen is a lot bigger but still looks to avoid contact whenever possible. As a QB, if you're going to take on defenders head-on, you won't last long in this league.

Yea, look at him avoid contact whenever possible.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Oct 11, 2021 at 11:26 AM ]
Try to trade him for a 6th rounder. We need all the picks we can get. What would playing him do? This is not a playoff team, regardless.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
To me, it doesn't really matter. Season is over. Yeah, they can go back to Jimmy, I guess. But then I hope people keep their expectations in check next year as well since Trey won't have any experience. But I know people wont. They'll expect him to come out and dominate like Mahomes after sitting on the bench for a year taking mental reps, lol.

Then we are potentially talking about having a losing season this year and possibly another one next year due to Trey's growing pains. I know Jed extended Kyle recently, but would like to see some reassurance that he's still committed to this regime or not. I'm not sure anymore. It just sounds like we're rebuilding again

Agreed on people's reactions. And feeling like a rebuild, is because we can never have our starting 22 on the field for
more than 2-3 weeks. Its more than a fluke now. We are always top 5 in injuries year after year. But we will miss our window, if we can't stay healthy
Share 49ersWebzone