LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 201 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at TENNESSEE TITANS - 2021 Game 15

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NY or anyone,
Whats the DVOA on the Titans
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 20, 2021 at 2:12 PM ]
Bringing him back on a short week is not the smartest thing, but with the way the D has been hitting, he may not last the whole game.
This is a tough one this is a well coached team on the road on a short week. Not sure how familiar we are with these guys. When I do playoff machine I keep getting that Titans are the #1 seed in the AFC they good.

They crushed KC
Beat the Bills
Swept the Colts
Won in Seattle with Russ healthy
Won in LA
Beat New Orleans
Must Win! 49ers by 3 touchdowns!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
This is a tough one this is a well coached team on the road on a short week. Not sure how familiar we are with these guys. When I do playoff machine I keep getting that Titans are the #1 seed in the AFC they good.

They crushed KC
Beat the Bills
Swept the Colts
Won in LA
Beat New Orleans

Titans are a different beast without Henry at RB

They cant play power run ball control anymore

Without the running threat of Henry the D isnt biting on play action and leaving easy throws for Tannehill

A good day is 200 yards passing and 20 or so points on offense now

If we can move on that D we should be ok...

They crushed KC
Beat the Bills
Swept the Colts
Won in LA
Beat New Orleans

I mean, could it be that having a healthy Derrick Henry helped out a bit? All of these games except LA and NO they had Derrick Henry in the game... and those two teams are kind of Jeckyll / Hyde
[ Edited by mattster03 on Dec 20, 2021 at 2:38 PM ]

They crushed KC
Beat the Bills
Swept the Colts
Won in LA
Beat New Orleans

They've lost 3 of the past 4 with their only win being against the Jags. The losses were against Texans,Patriots,Steelers. They're not playing great right now which is perfect with us coming red hot into town. If Kyle and Company come to play this should be a easy one for us to control. It's also any given sunday, so we'll see how well the Titans show up. Both teams are coming off short weeks so I feel like it'll all come down to how well the coaches have their teams prepared and who are the real playoff teams.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Dean Pees the Falcons DC, was Vrabel's DC in Tennessee.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Titans are a different beast without Henry at RB

They cant play power run ball control anymore

Without the running threat of Henry the D isnt biting on play action and leaving easy throws for Tannehill

A good day is 200 yards passing and 20 or so points on offense now

If we can move on that D we should be ok...

They're still not having any issue running the football. D'Onta Foreman went over 100 yards against Pittsburgh and New England at 5 yards a carry.

Will make for a great Christmas weekend to get this W.
Start Trey and rest the starters for this game. Merry Christmas.

Then return the starters and crush the Texans and lock up a spot. Then rest the starters against the Rams if it's not meaningful.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They're still not having any issue running the football. D'Onta Foreman went over 100 yards against Pittsburgh and New England at 5 yards a carry.

Hasn't really helped them out though. Tanny hasn't really been able to take advantage of that.....granted he's without his top receivers.
Wonder if the Titans will activate AJ Brown for this Thursday or if they wait until next week
Originally posted by mattster03:
I mean, could it be that having a healthy Derrick Henry helped out a bit? All of these games except LA and NO they had Derrick Henry in the game... and those two teams are kind of Jeckyll / Hyde

Sure Henry helps but they went into LA and crushed them. The guy with the most carries that day was Adrian Peterson. Coming into that LA wasn't Jeckyll and anything they were 7-1. This team is more than just one guy.
Share 49ersWebzone