Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 203 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Thinking it's more likely to be multiple picks. Say a 3rd and 5th/6th.
2nd round pick if healthy. Probably a 3rd round pick now. Which is unfortunate. I would definitely trade him if you can recover a 2nd. We might be able to get that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Prior to the injury, I would have said a conditional 2nd. Now, I say a conditional 3rd.
i will just take the 26 mil in savings
If teams know we have lance that we're moving onto we're not going to be able to get good value for Jimmy. Why would they trade us a high pick for a player they know we will just release for nothing if we don't make a trade. I say 4th or 5th rounder at best.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by JMC52:
We will get a 2nd with conditional first

Unfortunately it won't be close to that.

It will
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
He has no guarantees left on his contract, why would the 9ers throw money at this trade it doesn't make sense. And I guarantee you the 9ers get MORE than a late round pick.

Lol that doesn't matter. If a player has a $26m contract, you don't get to trade him and reduce his contract to guarantees only. He is still under contract for that amount.

Now, if the 49ers cut or trade him, we are only on the hook for $4m of the $26m....but that doesn't mean the other $22m disappears magically. He is still owed that if he's under contract (with us or another team).

Again, why would they trade money at a trade if Jimmy has no guarantees?? And you say it yourself, we would only be on the hook for less than $5 mill if traded, so why throw more money at the trade??? But according OverTheCap.com the 49ers only take a cap hit of $1.4 mil pre-June cut/trade, makes it even more unlikely that the 9ers throw money at the trade.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i will just take the 26 mil in savings

This.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by stefano89:
If teams know we have lance that we're moving onto we're not going to be able to get good value for Jimmy. Why would they trade us a high pick for a player they know we will just release for nothing if we don't make a trade. I say 4th or 5th rounder at best.

49ers have never publicly stated that they do want to move on from Jimmy. The only thing they've said public on Jimmy is only about him returning for 2022. And by saying that they save value. The only people that think a trade is certain is 49erswebzone.com fan forum.
Plenty of people overpay/overreach for QBs.

I could see netting a 2nd.

5th rounder if we are lucky. He is broken beyond repair. Turnover machine who gets hurt every year. Why would you give up more than a late round pick for that? I am just happy he will be gone.
4th rounder that has a chance of becoming a third if his new team makes the playoffs.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
4th rounder that has a chance of becoming a third if his new team makes the playoffs.

sounds optimistic but would take it, think it is like a 4th and 6th
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by stefano89:

49ers have never publicly stated that they do want to move on from Jimmy. The only thing they've said public on Jimmy is only about him returning for 2022. And by saying that they save value. The only people that think a trade is certain is 49erswebzone.com fan forum.

I think Lynch accidently fat fingered the answer to what they think on his twitter account
I thought about starting a poll like this, but also including potential landing spots. Problem with estimating his trade value is also taking into account his contract. Will we be willing to eat some or all of the money to get a higher pick? And who are the teams most likely to want him? NO and Pittsburgh come to mind, but we also will need to wait and see what happens with Rogers, Wilson and Watson before we have any real idea. I think Pittsburgh would be most likely, given that they aren't likely to trade any 1st rounders. I'd say Pittsburgh for a 3rd rounder that can become a 2nd if he plays all 17 games. So a 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone