Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 200 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i will just take the 26 mil in savings

This.

Right? Maybe use some of that $ on a guy or 2 that can play CB, have some left over for extensions.
Give us 3x 5th round picks!
2nd, conditional 1st.

People need to only look at the market for QBs over the last 10 years. People pay a premium. Had Jimmy actually made it all 17 weeks healthy + a playoff appearance we are talking a first.

He has won, a lot, and people can argue how much he influences the winning, but wins are wins. Add in the current rookie class of QBs coming and that should solidify the 2nd. The 2nd is high enough to be fair value including his injury history, but a team had draft capital to take a QB so they aren't burned when Jimmy likely goes down to injury.

I've mentioned before other teams that should be inquiring. The Giants, WFT, Carolina, maybe Dolphins, Broncos, Steelers, and maybe Texans should all be considering it. There aren't 5 first round quarterbacks available. If you are a team that needs a steady signal caller, Jimmy is the move. Particularly if the defense and run game in place.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by JMC52:
We will get a 2nd with conditional first

Unfortunately it won't be close to that.

It will

Nah. I'd be willing to bet whatever you wanted. It's not even a question. His level of player, injury risk, and contract, we will be lucky to get a 3rd.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
2nd, conditional 1st.

People need to only look at the market for QBs over the last 10 years. People pay a premium. Had Jimmy actually made it all 17 weeks healthy + a playoff appearance we are talking a first.

He has won, a lot, and people can argue how much he influences the winning, but wins are wins. Add in the current rookie class of QBs coming and that should solidify the 2nd. The 2nd is high enough to be fair value including his injury history, but a team had draft capital to take a QB so they aren't burned when Jimmy likely goes down to injury.

I've mentioned before other teams that should be inquiring. The Giants, WFT, Carolina, maybe Dolphins, Broncos, Steelers, and maybe Texans should all be considering it. There aren't 5 first round quarterbacks available. If you are a team that needs a steady signal caller, Jimmy is the move. Particularly if the defense and run game in place.

We have some stuff going in our favor and some things going against us.

The thing we have most in our favor is that it is supposedly a very weak QB class.

The thing most against us is Jimmy's injury history in addition to his cost. If people see him simply as a transition QB to the next guy then team might want a cheaper option then a guy like Jimmy.

IMO I only see these three teams as realistic potential fits for a trade for Jimmy. The Giants, Washington,and Carolina. The good news is I could see Jimmy being a good fit for these three teams(in terms of upgrade over there current situation. It just depends on how the staff in these places view Jimmy. I could see us getting a 2nd and some change or less or even potentially nothing for him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
They'll get a 2.

Some of y'all forget how desperate teams are for even mediocre QB play. Don't let your fan emotions cloud your reason. Even mediocre QBs can get a decent return. Yes, even with $25m owed.
Teams that might want him but RW, Watson and Rodgers may of course change a teams needs

Pitt
Saints
Wash
Houston
Carolina
Giants
Broncos

The qb class this year is horrible. I would say most probably a third but depending if there is more than one suitor a 2nd

Im hoping we get what Carolina gave up for Darnold
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 31, 2021 at 5:13 PM ]
The Trey Lance era has begun.....if SF gets anything for JG, I'll be happy.
Originally posted by okdkid:
They'll get a 2.

Some of y'all forget how desperate teams are for even mediocre QB play. Don't let your fan emotions cloud your reason. Even mediocre QBs can get a decent return. Yes, even with $25m owed.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Teams that might want him but RW, Watson and Rodgers may of course change a teams needs

Pitt
Saints
Wash
Houston
Carolina
Giants
Broncos

The qb class this year is horrible. I would say most probably a third but depending if there is more than one suitor a 2nd

Im hoping we get what Carolina gave up for Darnold

My out-there take...

Browns offer a 3rd in 2022 and a conditional 2-3 in 2023 and Jimmy gets a new contract.

Someone will take Mayfield's contract off their hands (only $19 million and I think you can trade someone on their 5th year option and be in the clear because all bonus money has already been paid out)

Jimmy won't want to go to most of the teams listed above (and has a no-trade clause) but I think the Browns would be a really good fit for him.
Originally posted by Midbay:
My out-there take...

Browns offer a 3rd in 2022 and a conditional 2-3 in 2023 and Jimmy gets a new contract.

Someone will take Mayfield's contract off their hands (only $19 million and I think you can trade someone on their 5th year option and be in the clear because all bonus money has already been paid out)

Jimmy won't want to go to most of the teams listed above (and has a no-trade clause) but I think the Browns would be a really good fit for him.

Jimmy's no-trade clause expires in March.

3-5th probably conditional. Contract to big for any more than a 3rd.
4th rounder at best. I don't see any team trading for him
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by stefano89:
If teams know we have lance that we're moving onto we're not going to be able to get good value for Jimmy. Why would they trade us a high pick for a player they know we will just release for nothing if we don't make a trade. I say 4th or 5th rounder at best.

49ers have never publicly stated that they do want to move on from Jimmy. The only thing they've said public on Jimmy is only about him returning for 2022. And by saying that they save value. The only people that think a trade is certain is 49erswebzone.com fan forum.

I think Lynch accidently fat fingered the answer to what they think on his twitter account

I know no statement has been made. But the league isn't stupid. A statement isn't needed to see what's happening here. The league knows we're moving on from Jimmy it's just a matter of when. If they were smart they'd low ball the 49ers until we just release him an they can get him for no picks at all.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If teams know we have lance that we're moving onto we're not going to be able to get good value for Jimmy. Why would they trade us a high pick for a player they know we will just release for nothing if we don't make a trade. I say 4th or 5th rounder at best.

49ers have never publicly stated that they do want to move on from Jimmy. The only thing they've said public on Jimmy is only about him returning for 2022. And by saying that they save value. The only people that think a trade is certain is 49erswebzone.com fan forum.

I think Lynch accidently fat fingered the answer to what they think on his twitter account

I know no statement has been made. But the league isn't stupid. A statement isn't needed to see what's happening here. The league knows we're moving on from Jimmy it's just a matter of when. If they were smart they'd low ball the 49ers until we just release him an they can get him for no picks at all.

49ers could hold their cards all the way up till week 8 when teams start to get desperate. They already have said that they have no problem keeping both. And this is of course Lance shows that he's flawless in the next games coming up. Because if he still looks like how he in his first start, I have a hard time seeing the 49ers trade Jimmy. Everyone better cross your fingers if you want Jimmy gone.

49ers could hold their cards all the way up till week 8 when teams start to get desperate. They already have said that they have no problem keeping both. And this is of course Lance shows that he's flawless in the next games coming up. Because if he still looks like how he in his first start, I have a hard time seeing the 49ers trade Jimmy. Everyone better cross your fingers if you want Jimmy gone.

Zero chance they bring Thumbelina back.
Share 49ersWebzone