There are 682 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Saints off the board with the Winston signing.

f**k, we suck. Left holding our Dick without a hand.
[ Edited by Joecool on Mar 21, 2022 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I think it's clear what's happening.

1. Shanalynch don't want to Part ways for Jimmy for less than a 2nd. They figure they will get a 3rd comp next year anyway.
2. Better to have Jimmy as insurance or maybe even start if trey still isn't ready.
3. They have the cap space to keep Jimmy at this point. This year is going to be a throw away year.

first off a comp 3rd would be in 2024. You don't get a comp pick for a player that's signed in the same yr. Also comp picks are based on a lot of things including price of a players contract. IF Jimmy goes to a new team for something like Mitch got this yr, you are not getting a 3rd rd comp. SF would also have to lose more players in FA then gain (again money is part of the equal)....so saying you're gonna get a 3rd comp for Jimmy is not close to being true.

There is no such thing as a "throw away year" when it comes to cap space...his money can get rolled over into the next yr all the same. You're saying you're cool with our highest paid player being the backup and basically throwing away the advantage of having a starting QB on a rookie contract. They would have Lance for one more year before being he's able to sign a LT deal...if Lance plays well in 2024 you bet your ass they will try to extend him and if you haven't paid attention QB contract are getting massively expensive.

It's a stupid plan and one that Lynch and Kyle should be called out for.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
If Lynch was offered two 2nd round picks and didn't bite, send his ass back to the tv booth ASAP. 😤

I don't think there's any truth to that. No team in their right mind would offer that much for Jimmy
Originally posted by Joecool:

We overplayed our hand or simply no teams wanted to pull the trigger. Can you blame them?
Originally posted by strickac:
I feel like ATL is the play. Seattle makes some sense, but I doubt we'd deal him to a division rival. ATL will be picking between Mayfield and Jimmy. Both give them plenty of cap relief, as compared to Ryan's cap hit. Mayfield is cheaper and younger. He could be the guy.

Carolina will likely go after a rookie. Why not just stick with Darnold as a stop-gap? Jimmy is a possibility, but trading away picks for another veteran with question marks is a risky move.

The Saints are giving Winston $21M guaranteed. It's unlikely they acquire another veteran this offseason. The deal probably gives them an out next year. They'll either grab someone in the draft this year or be active again next year. Winston gets another prove-it year.

One thing about Carolina is that Rhule needs to win this year. He's essentially a dead man walking unless he can pull off a 8+ win season, IMO. So then it becomes how much does his front office want to help him win this year? I think they are willing to sacrifice Rhule for whoever the 2023 hot coaching candidate + 2023 NFL draft QB darling is.
PaTiEncE. SoMEtHing Is gOInG oN BEhInD The SCeNeS.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
If Lynch was offered two 2nd round picks and didn't bite, send his ass back to the tv booth ASAP. 😤

Originally posted by Joecool:

How do you do that without a hand?
Yeah, I don't see us finding a taker for Jimmy. Time to release him and move on.
Originally posted by strickac:
I feel like ATL is the play. Seattle makes some sense, but I doubt we'd deal him to a division rival. ATL will be picking between Mayfield and Jimmy. Both give them plenty of cap relief, as compared to Ryan's cap hit. Mayfield is cheaper and younger. He could be the guy.

Carolina will likely go after a rookie. Why not just stick with Darnold as a stop-gap? Jimmy is a possibility, but trading away picks for another veteran with question marks is a risky move.

The Saints are giving Winston $21M guaranteed. It's unlikely they acquire another veteran this offseason. The deal probably gives them an out next year. They'll either grab someone in the draft this year or be active again next year. Winston gets another prove-it year.
Carolina going after a rookie would be good for a new coach with time on his side. Rhule is on the hot seat and a winning season would buy him some time.

Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Not really. JG is officially an injury prone brittle QB without a strong arm who just had shoulder surgery.
Are we all out of options now? Any team's left needing a QB?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Jimmy wants to go to a winning team but no winning team wants him. Sigh

False. Why do you guys continue to make s**t up just to slam him. Unreal.
Tell me what winning team has traded for him and I'll retract my comment.

WTF does that have to do with the poor comment you made up??
If you can prove that's not the case then by all means provide facts. Just like all of us in here, we are just voicing opinions.

Umm just google "Jimmy Garoppolo wants to be traded" and it says on the first page what Jimmy says. Jimmy wants to go to the right situation. It doesn't say he wants to go to a winning team. Smfh
Lol yes because he wants to go to a losing team like everyone else.

Well it didn't say winning team. But yah keep back peddling you're doing great.
Lol don't be mad bro, truth hurts.

Not mad, but too bad you don't speak the truth. Fail.
Then provide facts. You pointed out what Jimmy said, of course he'll say that type of BS because it's about his situation. Now look at all the talking heads out there saying he's not the guy. Lol now that's fail

Umm didn't you say Jimmy wanted to go to a winning team show me where he said that?? I already showed you where you can find what he said about going to the right destination. My god you're making this bigger than what it really is, just take the L like a champ and move on.

"I was talking to John yesterday about finding the right destination and whatever the future holds, just doing it the right way," Garoppolo said. "I've got a long career ahead of me. I'm excited about it. I'm excited about the opportunities to come. I just want to go to a place where they want to win. That's really what I'm in this game for. I'm here to play football, win football games and as long as I've got that and good people around me, I think the rest will take care of itself."
Lol that proved my point.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

No. It's not.
Lombardi wondering if the Panthers offered two 2nd round pick including Sam Darnold, but Lynch using that as leverage hoping that the Colts budged a little. Just him guessing why they wouldn't take that if it was real
Share 49ersWebzone