There are 279 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

• pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Cut him and move on to extending Bosa and Deebo.

They can extend them right now even with Garoppolo on the roster. I think Deebo Samuel specially knows that it´s not in his best interest to rush to sign a contract extension specially after what happened with Davante Adams.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
If Lynch was offered two 2nd round picks and didn't bite, send his ass back to the tv booth ASAP. 😤

I don't think there's any truth to that. No team in their right mind would offer that much for Jimmy

Should have a cut him to begin with and used that money to bring in Chandler's Jones.

Exactly
Should have a cut him to begin with and used that money to bring in Chandler's Jones.
jg has no effect on signing anyone
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

Wow that makes a ton of sense. What the heck is Seattle doin?

Hoping for Willis?

Waiting for Jimmy's inevitable release.

Yup they probably hoping we cut our starting QB so they can just say thanks for your QB and no compensation

News flash: Jimmy isn't our starter.

Sorry if that hurt your feelings.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Mar 21, 2022 at 12:14 PM ]
The shoulder surgery has really done Jimmy in. Some say Jimmy's agent timed the surgery just before the trade deadline because he wanted Jimmy to be cut and choose his spot. Well, it backfired. It sure seems like no one wants him at his current salary. Now Jimmy and the Niners are both losers.
Originally posted by captveg:
Baker Mayfield?

Panthers.. They already broke Sam's heart by pursuing DW. Now that is toxic. I think Baker is next with the Panthers. Seattle, draft and a total scrub to get by. Hard to go from Wilson to one of these knot heads including Jimmy. I'd admit that we are doing a mini-rebuild and go draft.

Atlanta the M man.

Musical Chairs and Jimmy without a seat.
Originally posted by pdc20:

They can extend them right now even with Garoppolo on the roster. I think Deebo Samuel specially knows that it´s not in his best interest to rush to sign a contract extension specially after what happened with Davante Adams.

This makes no sense at all. Its the NFL you always are in a rush to sign life altering contract before a major injury occurs.

Hoping for Willis?

Yup they probably hoping we cut our starting QB so they can just say thanks for your QB and no compensation

He was in 2021 and there no depth chart yet for 2022 as the team isn't even built yet so I'd say he's our starter until named otherwise
Originally posted by Joecool:
Saints off the board with the Winston signing.

f**k, we suck. Left holding our Dick without a hand.

How do you do that without a hand?

He's a footsie type of dude

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by captveg:
Everyone so worried that Jimmy G will "beat out" Lance in training camp, yet think he's dogs**t.

Guess everyone is scared about Lance.

Don't be scared about Lance, guys.

I am worried Trey is not going to be given a fair shot at competing due to Jimmy's contract and the lockerroom being familiar with Jimmy. Trey was better than Jimmy in training camp last season but Kyle still went with Jimmy.

That's debatable. Lance flashed big time early on but there were reports that he hit a rookie wall after a few weeks.

Shanahan started the 2021 offseason declaring Jimmy the starter, so it would have needed a remarkable training camp for Lance to surpass him, which didn't quite happen. They outright wanted a Chiefs 2017 situation where Alex Smith started and Mahomes sat for a year. And that's exactly what the 49ers got.

It wouldn't be the same thing in the 2022 training camp. Lance would be the declared starter from the beginning, and we all know Jimmy's ceiling and therefore he'd be unlikely to have such a remarkable training camp to change Shanahan's mind.

All that being said, chances are draft weekend is the longest they wait to get trade compensation for Jimmy, and afterwards they simply release him. Like I said in another post, they probably are more concerned with bringing in competition with Sudfeld for the backup role than keeping Jimmy.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 21, 2022 at 12:15 PM ]
Why does anyone want to sign anyone? I thought Jimmy was single-handedly holding the team back, and they would have won the SB every year if not for him?

After all, going to a SB and NFC Championship game was just not enough. The 49ers must be far more loaded than the 1981-1998 49ers, since they only won 5 Super Bowls during those 18 years with Montana/Young.

They must have a HOFer at every position.

And remember, Trey Lance is AWESOMEZZZ with his wobblers and feet in quicksand, so you put that on a team of nothing but HOFers and surely they go undefeated.

Hoping for Willis?

He was in 2021 and there no depth chart yet for 2022 as the team isn't even built yet so I'd say he's our starter until named otherwise

Damn. I bet you are just a pleasure for the women to break up with lol. Do you stalk them until they find a new boyfriend?
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Mar 21, 2022 at 12:19 PM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by pdc20:

This makes no sense at all. Its the NFL you always are in a rush to sign life altering contract before a major injury occurs.

For you and me yes. For someone like Deebo with his confidence and hubris, he will take his time. I think he´s not gonna sign an extension before this summer just like Warner did last year.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I can't imagine that the Falcons, who everyone expects to be eating a chunk of Matt Ryan's salary if moved, would be willing to give a big contract to Jimmy. No logic behind that IMO.

None. ATL is gonna either draft a QB or sign someone cheap. Love if they took Winston from New Orleans but I doubt it.

Just cut your loses and move on at this point.
Yea, ATL isn't eating $40M in dead cap and paying $20+M for Jimmy. Spending $60+M on the QB position with anyone other than the best QB in the league would be very laughable. Any chance the Falcons were able to trade away any of their salary or is that not possible since it is dead cap money?

Lower draft compensation means the colts probably agrees to eat his cap hit.
Share 49ersWebzone