There are 190 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

The 2 2nds report was likely released by the colts . Judging by the timing of them trading for Ryan soon after, it was a last second FU to Lynch for being greedy.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
But we do have leverage just keep JG and get a comp third it's called a position of strength, look it up.

Yeah, who gives a s**t what it does to lance and whatever locker room cohesiveness we'll be giving up. But that 3rd round pick!!!

There's also no guarantee we'll bet a 3rd round pick.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't see them doing that for a number of reasons. One they would be in a position of starting Darnold if the rook isn't ready. You never want to be starting Darnold as they have found out the hard way. Two the draft class is terrible you have admitted this.

No one wants to play for the Panthers....Jimmy is better than Sam but it's not like they're moving from Sam to Watson. They're not gonna pay Jimmy and Sam.

They're stuck and the draft might be the only way for them to get a QB of the future.

I would gladly eat some of Sam's contract to move Jimmy to Carolina though. Give SF a good young player in return.

cb Horn
Lol how about we give you nothing as you have no leverage

But we do have leverage just keep JG and get a comp third it's called a position of strength, look it up.

There is no guarantee we even get a 3rd round comp. That means someone would have to sign him to a big contract. If Lance is our starter nobody in their right mind is signing Jimmy next year. You don't just get a comp pick for free. They have 0 leverage unless they actually start Jimmy.

Is it a potential non guaranteed 3rd pick in 2024 really that valuable

No, of course not.

Jimmy's only actual value to SF at this point is perhaps a 4th-7th round pick, or having a vet QB backup who can win games. The problem with the latter is his salary for that role.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 21, 2022 at 12:49 PM ]
Lol! All the dominos fell and we're the one left standing with Jimmy without a dance partner. Did Lynch got greedy? What now? Sell him to Seahawks, Carolina for a low pick for all I care. Even Patriots want him back last year. I know they have Mac Jones but Belichek seems to love him and Tua, Hurts, Davis Mills can always use a veteran backup there. What a clusterf**k! I bet Lynch will just say, no we decided to keep him BS.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Yo chill

CANT CHILL...JIMMY ISNT WORTH A CRAP
ACCEPT IT
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
The 2 2nds report was likely released by the colts . Judging by the timing of them trading for Ryan soon after, it was a last second FU to Lynch for being greedy.

Ghost of Baalke
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by strickac:
Steelers did sign anyone did they? They've been quiet

Trubisky

Are they completely out of the market? That contract is smaller than some backups get. Unless he hits all his incentives

I swear people just think when a guy leaves they automatically get a comp 3rd lol. Unless he's signing for a massive deal they are not getting a comp 3rd in 2024.
NFL is "finally waking up" to not signing 30 year old QBs coming off a delayed shoulder surgery with a significant injury history. Who would've thought
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Let's all come to terms with what has happened.

Steelers Prefered Trubisky to Jimmy
Washington Prefered Wentz to Jimmy
Colts Prefered Ryan to Jimmy
Saints Prefered a Watson coming off a major injury to Jimmy
Atlanta Prefered Mariota to Jimmy.
Panthers probably prefer a rookie and Darnold to Jimmy
Seattle????? Might prefer going with Lock to Jimmy

Not to mention Baker is still going to get traded. Browns Will find a trade partner and we will not find one for Jimmy. That is what has happened.

I think perhaps him busting his throw shoulder and throw hand right before offseason trade season was just maybe not ideal for us

More likely due to his choke job in the playoffs. Shoulder and hand will heal. His play won't.

Weirs nobody wanted an average QB with lengthy injury history and coming off a surgically repaired shoulder.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 21, 2022 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
THIS!

100 percent yes. Jimmy can be free to do all the foot work with his agent and John can move over to the draft pre-evaluation and not this Jimmy crap. Enough of this s**t.
Texans, Steelers, or maybeeee Dolphins imo.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Costanza:
Texans, Steelers, or maybeeee Dolphins imo.

was thinking Dolphins could be a surprise suiter.
I think perhaps him busting his throw shoulder and throw hand right before offseason trade season was just maybe not ideal for us

And Winston tore his ACL
Share 49ersWebzone