There are 87 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's going to be a really long off season in here if they don't trade him.

who do you think he's going to now ?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Um what?

I mean having you highest paid player being your backup is great for SF. Not taking advantage of a starting QB on a rookie contract is totally a Jimmy problem lol. Jimmy being paid $27M is such a problem for him.

He's simply not that good and can't stay healthy...I thought he would have some sort of market because he's better than what a handful of teams had at QB BUT damn near every team would rather go in another direction. End of the day he's not worth what he's being paid and makes no sense to keep on the roster at that price point (or really on the roster at all).

this is the truth of it

He should just be cut, everyone move on and Lynch needs to focus on improving the team for THIS season, not try to get pocket lint in a trade to save face or whatever for Jimmy

agree. Complete s**t show.

He shouldn't of had to surrender a single rep last season.
This should tell us how nfl expeets value garoppolo.
This gives us an hint how much potential this team has with shanahan if they get a real qb under center.
I was hoping he would land in a decent spot. I don't think anybody is going to trade for him. Winston is back with the Saints, Mariota is with the Falcons, Indy got Ryan. Carolina will probably stick with Darnold for a this year since they have to pay him.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Me: "Niners are fine. Just cut Jimmy"

The forums:

My only worry is they won't cut him. Especially if at some point they did get an offer and turned it down. That they would rather keep him than look bad. Hope that is not the case and he is gone soon.
[ Edited by Bloodless on Mar 21, 2022 at 1:18 PM ]

Facts. There's gonna be a lot of people running around with their hair on fire, especially if Jimmy is traded (looking likely now), AND he's not released (a possibility nobody wants to face, much less see).
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Apparently, his value was higher to our front office than anyone else. I think they have tried too hard to find Jimmy a good fit. Its business just trade him and move on.

Apparently nobody wants him. If they had really received an offer for a 2nd round pick in the last few days they would have trade him They see the same stuff we do and realize they are running out of options. Now NO is gone. Maybe Carolina but that's a long shot. I don't see him going to the Seahawks. They said they aren't interested and he would get killed there. No running game and a terrible O line. Bosa would make a sub sandwich out of him.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Facts. There's gonna be a lot of people running around with their hair on fire, especially if Jimmy is traded (looking likely now), AND he's not released (a possibility nobody wants to face, much less see).

I think you got that backwards lol
All of a sudden this team has alot of holes to fill and no cap space. All due to having Jimmy and his $27 Million.

We need a center because not sure Mack is returning. Need OT depth as a safety net incase MM doesn't recover and Banks still needs work. Need a TE2, Need another RB as we only have Mitchell, Sermon, and Hasty. Need another WR. Need a edge rusher opposite Bosa and another edge rusher for depth. Need a safety net at DT incase Kinlaw continues to be hurt. Need a Nickel corner. Need a SS because it looks like Tarrt won't be back. Can't fill all these through the draft.
At the end of the day, this is worse for Jimmy than it is the 49ers. But overreacting fans gonna do what they do best.

At the end of the day, every person on this board should be worried about how this is for the 49ers than it is for Jimmy.

It's not. Lol

Um what?

Lol later dude

Reading comprehension FTL

Let me rephrase. All of us on this board should be interested in the best case for the 49ers and not Jimmy. Who gives a f**k if this is bad for Jimmy. All that should matter is the 49ers.

I know I'm with SWH. I could give two squirrel turds where JG ends up as long as he's up outta here. We should all be so unlucky to get way over paid for being average. I do not believe JG will go hungry and homeless in this lifetime.

Just get on the phone with Carolina here is the deal:

Panthers

get JG

49ers

get McCaffrey
get Darnold

then get ready to win #6
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Me: "Niners are fine. Just cut Jimmy"

The forums:

My only worry is they won't cut him. Especially if at some point they did get an offer and turned it down. That they would rather keep him than look bad. Hope that is not the case and he is gone soon.

Can they even cut him, he's injured.

Does he have any guarantee's that go into affect due to his injury?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Just get on the phone with Carolina here is the deal:

Panthers

get JG

49ers

get McCaffrey
get Darnold

then get ready to win #6

Lol we would be lucky to get a 6th at this point
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
All of a sudden this team has alot of holes to fill and no cap space. All due to having Jimmy and his $27 Million.

We need a center because not sure Mack is returning. Need OT depth as a safety net incase MM doesn't recover and Banks still needs work. Need a TE2, Need another RB as we only have Mitchell, Sermon, and Hasty. Need another WR. Need a edge rusher opposite Bosa and another edge rusher for depth. Need a safety net at DT incase Kinlaw continues to be hurt. Need a Nickel corner. Need a SS because it looks like Tarrt won't be back. Can't fill all these through the draft.

We seriously need to cut him at this point. But I'm telling you, I would not be surprised if he's on the roster at seasons beginning.
Share 49ersWebzone