There are 84 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Just get on the phone with Carolina here is the deal:

Panthers

get JG

49ers

get McCaffrey
get Darnold

then get ready to win #6

Lol we would be lucky to get a 6th at this point

Carolina would also be lucky to not start Darnold at this point. Who says no to this? Which Carolina team is better:

Darnold / CMC
or
Garoppolo / Chubba

Darnold basically means you have no forward pass
All this kind of makes me feel better. We got this far in the Postseason with a QB that no one wants.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.
not a crazy theory... i and others thought this when his surgery news broke out

Panthers

get JG

49ers

get McCaffrey
get Darnold

then get ready to win #6

Sam Darnold is a negative asset. His 2022 salary is guaranteed unlike Jimmy's.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Mar 21, 2022 at 1:28 PM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
All this kind of makes me feel better. We got this far in the Postseason with a QB that no one wants.

And makes all the people who were harder on Kyle than Jimmy this year look like .

Panthers

get JG

49ers

get McCaffrey
get Darnold

then get ready to win #6

Lol we would be lucky to get a 6th at this point

Carolina would also be lucky to not start Darnold at this point. Who says no to this? Which Carolina team is better:

Darnold / CMC
or
Garoppolo / Chubba

Darnold basically means you have no forward pass

Carolina says now. They can get significantly more than a QB nobody wants for McCaffrey if they decides to go back into rebuilding mode. JG isn't going to elevate a team to contender status lol.
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

Yup
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
He shouldn't of had to surrender a single rep last season.

And we should have taken Belicheat's second.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
We seriously need to cut him at this point. But I'm telling you, I would not be surprised if he's on the roster at seasons beginning.

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

This

I can't even be mad at the FO about not being able to trade him. You can only put so much lipstick on a pig and Jimmy is one ugly pig of a QB.
Carolina says now. They can get significantly more than a QB nobody wants for McCaffrey if they decides to go back into rebuilding mode. JG isn't going to elevate a team to contender status lol.

He elevated us to contender status

I approve of this message.
Originally posted by NC49er:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
At the end of the day, this is worse for Jimmy than it is the 49ers. But overreacting fans gonna do what they do best.

At the end of the day, every person on this board should be worried about how this is for the 49ers than it is for Jimmy.

It's not. Lol

Um what?

Lol later dude

Reading comprehension FTL

Let me rephrase. All of us on this board should be interested in the best case for the 49ers and not Jimmy. Who gives a f**k if this is bad for Jimmy. All that should matter is the 49ers.

I know I'm with SWH. I could give two squirrel turds where JG ends up as long as he's up outta here. We should all be so unlucky to get way over paid for being average. I do not believe JG will go hungry and homeless in this lifetime.
Not sure where you got "I'm worried if this looks bad for Jimmy or not" all I said was 49ers fans shouldn't be panicking the way they are, because the real loser in this is Jimmy Garoppolo, not the 49ers.

but thanks for wasting everyone's time

As long as he's better than a teams' starter then those teams will just sign him to be the starter.

Not like the Steelers wouldn't just move Trubisky to backup and sign Jimmy as the starter the day we cut him.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 21, 2022 at 1:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone