There are 141 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

JL needs to swallow his pride and admit defeat and just cut him. Could still salvage this offseason as there are still good players out there to grab. Keeping Jimmy because he doesn't want to admit he screwed up is just going to make matters alot worse. It's like committing another crime to try and make up for the earlier crime.
Remember fellas we got 2 2's on the table
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
if we cut Jimmy, are we on the hook for the remainder of his contract ?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Carolina says now. They can get significantly more than a QB nobody wants for McCaffrey if they decides to go back into rebuilding mode. JG isn't going to elevate a team to contender status lol.

He elevated us to contender status

I beg to differ lol
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

BOOM!!! This is a major reason I think it's a real possibility that he's on the roster at the beginning of the season. How Lynch and Shanny handle this is gonna tell us a lot about how equally ruthless they're willing to be. I firmly believe that they felt completely blindsided by this surgery thing, and they could be sore behind it.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
All this kind of makes me feel better. We got this far in the Postseason with a QB that no one wants.

Favorite post from this entire thread. Never thought about it that way. Makes me feel much better about the state of the team
Just get on the phone with Carolina here is the deal:

Panthers

get JG

49ers

get McCaffrey
get Darnold

then get ready to win #6

Wouldn't touch that even if McCaffrey was free.
Whoever gets Jimmy is like the guy at the back of the gangbang line. He's wearing a mask and just states he's there for the free buffet. Then he gets to the front of the line and is like "Sure i'll partake." The front of the line is Jimmy
Carolina says now. They can get significantly more than a QB nobody wants for McCaffrey if they decides to go back into rebuilding mode. JG isn't going to elevate a team to contender status lol.

I beg to differ lol

He didn't elevate s**t
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran

Compared to Hoyer, Beathard, Mullens......

Uuuuugggghhhh I just want it to be over.

Cut him ffs.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Just get on the phone with Carolina here is the deal:

Panthers

get JG

49ers

get McCaffrey
get Darnold

then get ready to win #6

Sam Darnold is a negative asset. His 2022 salary is guaranteed unlike Jimmy's.

And McCaffrey too is going to kill deals for Deebo and Bosa.

We need rookies via draft picks.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
All this kind of makes me feel better. We got this far in the Postseason with a QB that no one wants.

Favorite post from this entire thread. Never thought about it that way. Makes me feel much better about the state of the team

And remember all the people who were calling for Kyle to be fired at the end of the season but unwilling to give Jimmy g his share of the blame?

I do… they were very wrong.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Matt Miller

@nfldraftscout

When the music stops playing, will Baker Mayfield or Jimmy Garoppolo be left standing without a chair?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

BOOM!!! This is a major reason I think it's a real possibility that he's on the roster at the beginning of the season. How Lynch and Shanny handle this is gonna tell us a lot about how equally ruthless they're willing to be. I firmly believe that they felt completely blindsided by this surgery thing, and they could be sore behind it.

Let's get real guys. Lynch and Shanny are pros. They won't sacrifice what's best for the team just to be spiteful.
Share 49ersWebzone