There are 217 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by Predator85:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

This is what I theorize last week and got laugh at! Who's laughing now?

It's sure looking like it. Though I'm sure we would rather trade him, but if it's for some 3rd day pick, might as well cut him and give him the 🖕back.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Crown:
Matt Miller

@nfldraftscout

When the music stops playing, will Baker Mayfield or Jimmy Garoppolo be left standing without a chair?

There's a real chance they both will. This is getting ugly.

Browns have even less leverage than us. I could definitely see both getting cut.

This is correct. The Browns save nothing by cutting Baker. We save $20M+ by cutting Jimmy.

At this point the only likely option is Carolina. And that's if we take Darnold's contract back which is a negative asset. Still, would Darnold be an upgrade at backup QB over Sudfeld?

Maybe we can do something like Jimmy for Darnold and a 2023 pick and just agree how much we and Carolina have to pay Darnold next season.

Otherwise I've got nothing.
Originally posted by Predator85:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

This is what I theorize last week and got laugh at! Who's laughing now?

It's sure looking like it. Though I'm sure we would rather trade him, but if it's for some 3rd day pick, might as well cut him and give him the 🖕back.

Plausible.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
What does that ell you about what teams think about Jimmy.

Trubisky is a better option for the Steelers. He's 4 years younger than Jimmy and is much more mobile. He didn't do well in Chicago but what QB has. There offensive system is what's trash. Trubisky isn't going to cost much so the Steelers can afford to see if he is better with a better team around him and a stable system.
And his throwing arm isn't currently in a sling

Is Winston even cleared yet? His ACL didn't stop the Saints.

If a QB is good, they will over look an injury. You think if Wilson was having surgery he wouldn't have had a market?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Crown:
Matt Miller

@nfldraftscout

When the music stops playing, will Baker Mayfield or Jimmy Garoppolo be left standing without a chair?

Baker will for sure find a spot before JG

If that happens this place is gonna absolutely explode. The servers are gonna go down.
Cut him. Go sign one of the God damn edges that is available and go to work with Trey.
keep starting him until someone offers sumting
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

BOOM!!! This is a major reason I think it's a real possibility that he's on the roster at the beginning of the season. How Lynch and Shanny handle this is gonna tell us a lot about how equally ruthless they're willing to be. I firmly believe that they felt completely blindsided by this surgery thing, and they could be sore behind it.

Let's get real guys. Lynch and Shanny are pros. They won't sacrifice what's best for the team just to be spiteful.

My hand to God: I SO hope you are right. But that would mean that they will be cutting him, like, today. Because I simply don't see any viable trade options left.

Cutting your starting QB has one reason you do it cap space... to sign who exactly? We are getting Deebo and Bosa extended with or without JG. Seattle has no QB which means we would essentially trade JG to Seattle and receive nothing in return. This would be known as getting played by our rivals.
A double double at In n Out.
My final trade proposal:

Carolina gets Jimmy Garoppolo and his entire salary ($25.5M).

SF gets Sam Darnold and HALF of his 2022 salary ($9.5M) and a 2023 2nd round pick.

Jimmy is Carolina's starter for 2022, and will either mentor a rookie or be their long-term starter. Sam Darnold is 2nd string behind Trey and ahead of Sudfeld.

That's it. There's basically no other options. You can forget trading with Seattle.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Mar 21, 2022 at 1:50 PM ]

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
A double double at In n Out.

He's more of a Subway guy

BOOM!!! This is a major reason I think it's a real possibility that he's on the roster at the beginning of the season. How Lynch and Shanny handle this is gonna tell us a lot about how equally ruthless they're willing to be. I firmly believe that they felt completely blindsided by this surgery thing, and they could be sore behind it.

Let's get real guys. Lynch and Shanny are pros. They won't sacrifice what's best for the team just to be spiteful.

My hand to God: I SO hope you are right. But that would mean that they will be cutting him, like, today. Because I simply don't see any viable trade options left.

Cutting your starting QB has one reason you do it cap space... to sign who exactly? We are getting Deebo and Bosa extended with or without JG. Seattle has no QB which means we would essentially trade JG to Seattle and receive nothing in return. This would be known as getting played by our rivals.

Wrong again.

Mathieu
Tretter
MVS
Landry
Barnett
Is Winston even cleared yet? His ACL didn't stop the Saints.

If a QB is good, they will over look an injury. You think if Wilson was having surgery he wouldn't have had a market?

Nah I agree with ya I was just adding his shoulder being injured plays a part in this. For Jimmy specifically. Dudes just always injured I'm not really surprised about all of this.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
What does that ell you about what teams think about Jimmy.

Trubisky is a better option for the Steelers. He's 4 years younger than Jimmy and is much more mobile. He didn't do well in Chicago but what QB has. There offensive system is what's trash. Trubisky isn't going to cost much so the Steelers can afford to see if he is better with a better team around him and a stable system.
And his throwing arm isn't currently in a sling

That and he's not costing $27 million. I'm sure teams looked at any possible trade from a lot of angles. Money. Draft picks. How he would fit their system. Whether they wanted to commit that much to a QB that they didn't see as a long term option. And then there's the chance of another injury since he seems to always be one play away from the next one. At 31 years old, $27 million and constant injuries he's just not a good investment.

I've said this several times but here it is again. How would we react if Lynch trade for a guy like Jimmy at this point. We would all be asking why and ripping him for not getting someone better.
Share 49ersWebzone