Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 177 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

BOOM!!! This is a major reason I think it's a real possibility that he's on the roster at the beginning of the season. How Lynch and Shanny handle this is gonna tell us a lot about how equally ruthless they're willing to be. I firmly believe that they felt completely blindsided by this surgery thing, and they could be sore behind it.

Let's get real guys. Lynch and Shanny are pros. They won't sacrifice what's best for the team just to be spiteful.

My hand to God: I SO hope you are right. But that would mean that they will be cutting him, like, today. Because I simply don't see any viable trade options left.

Cutting your starting QB has one reason you do it cap space... to sign who exactly? We are getting Deebo and Bosa extended with or without JG. Seattle has no QB which means we would essentially trade JG to Seattle and receive nothing in return. This would be known as getting played by our rivals.

Lol, send him to Seattle! Only one's losing there are Seattle and the 12.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

BOOM!!! This is a major reason I think it's a real possibility that he's on the roster at the beginning of the season. How Lynch and Shanny handle this is gonna tell us a lot about how equally ruthless they're willing to be. I firmly believe that they felt completely blindsided by this surgery thing, and they could be sore behind it.

Let's get real guys. Lynch and Shanny are pros. They won't sacrifice what's best for the team just to be spiteful.

My hand to God: I SO hope you are right. But that would mean that they will be cutting him, like, today. Because I simply don't see any viable trade options left.

Cutting your starting QB has one reason you do it cap space... to sign who exactly? We are getting Deebo and Bosa extended with or without JG. Seattle has no QB which means we would essentially trade JG to Seattle and receive nothing in return. This would be known as getting played by our rivals.

Wrong again.

Bosa's already under contract next year and Deebo we don't have to do anything we can always use the tag. Might be smart considering how KS uses him.

Bosa and Deebo are under contract for the 2022 season but the team wants to get ahead of things and extend them. The sooner they do the less they'll need to pay them since every new signing raises the stakes. My guess is they would want to extend them each thru 2025 so they can restructure in the future.
People panic but if you look at our QB room it's about $36m to QBs. And that's with JG who's coming off the books soon. Cleveland next year is paying $55m to one dude lol. We got plenty of cash.

So because s**t franchises waste money on a bad QB room, that means it's OK for us to waste money too?

Not sure why anyone would follow that logic.
Jimmy makes $1,470,000 from home, per week, watching games online. With his injury and plummeting trade value, he is able to work when he wants, or not work at all. If you're looking to seriously upgrade your income and work flexibility, do like Jimmy and contact us today at .....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Everyone is finally seeing what Jimmy's true value is. Good news is that Kyle can take a team with a QB the rest of the league sees as a chocolate mess to the Super Bowl. Can't wait to see what he does with a real QB.

It would be really funny if Jimmy can't find a home this offseason and he renegotiates his contract with the 49ers - lowers his salary to a backup level salary (whatever that is), gets his shoulder healed and then finds a home next year, or the year after. I doubt that would happen and I doubt Jimmy's going to be cut but I would think if ShanaLynch decides (for whatever reason to keep him on the roster for 2022) I'd hope they'd try to renegotiate that salary cap hit down from 27 million.

Having said that, there's still a lot of time to Trade Jimmy. The draft is coming up, and what I think is holding things up is the time it takes for him to heal and prove to the NFL he can still throw the football. Once his shoulder is healed, it will be much easier to trade Jimmy at that point.
There are no more trade partners. The fat lady is singing. Time to cut him. If he's still available when training camp starts, maybe sign him to be a backup.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
NFL is "finally waking up" to not signing 30 year old QBs coming off a delayed shoulder surgery with a significant injury history. Who would've thought

Haha. Injuryscuses. Love it.
i think the surgery really added to the 27 mill, trade comp and injury history when aquiring JG

I new the missing of the offseason with a new team was going to be a deterrent for a team looking to trade for James.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 21, 2022 at 2:04 PM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran

I could totally see that scenario. Kyle is not someone you want to piss generally.
Besides Don Yee always plays a weird game with the Niners between Garoppolo and Brady.
It wouldn´t be the most shocking thing we would see in NFL.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
People panic but if you look at our QB room it's about $36m to QBs. And that's with JG who's coming off the books soon. Cleveland next year is paying $55m to one dude lol. We got plenty of cash.

So because s**t franchises waste money on a bad QB room, that means it's OK for us to waste money too?

Just comparing our QB spending to other clubs to put it in perspective. We see teams around the league (Packers, Rams, Browns) entering $50m plus cap hits in single seasons for one player. Hard for us to moan about having too much tied up in QBs in that environment, especially with JG coming off the books soon whether a matter of hours or months.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Mar 21, 2022 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Just comparing our QB spending to other clubs to put it in perspective. We see teams around the league (Packers, Rams, Browns) entering $50m plus cap hits in single seasons for one player. Hard for us to moan about having too much tied up in QBs in that environment, especially with JG coming off soon whether a matter of hours or months.

Geee I wonder what the difference between their QBs and Jimmy could possibly be?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdcindy:
The shoulder surgery has really done Jimmy in. Some say Jimmy's agent timed the surgery just before the trade deadline because he wanted Jimmy to be cut and choose his spot. Well, it backfired. It sure seems like no one wants him at his current salary. Now Jimmy and the Niners are both losers.

That certainly put a monkey wrench into ShanaLynch's offseason plans.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Everyone is finally seeing what Jimmy's true value is. Good news is that Kyle can take a team with a QB the rest of the league sees as a chocolate mess to the Super Bowl. Can't wait to see what he does with a real QB.

It would be really funny if Jimmy can't find a home this offseason and he renegotiates his contract with the 49ers - lowers his salary to a backup level salary (whatever that is), gets his shoulder healed and then finds a home next year, or the year after. I doubt that would happen and I doubt Jimmy's going to be cut but I would think if ShanaLynch decides (for whatever reason to keep him on the roster for 2022) I'd hope they'd try to renegotiate that salary cap hit down from 27 million.

Having said that, there's still a lot of time to Trade Jimmy. The draft is coming up, and what I think is holding things up is the time it takes for him to heal and prove to the NFL he can still throw the football. Once his shoulder is healed, it will be much easier to trade Jimmy at that point.

I was open to the idea of having him back Trey up for a hot second, but just don't think that'd be good for the locker room. Once he gets the chance to play for another team not coached by Kyle though, and the weaknesses in his game are exposed, I'd be open to him returning as a backup if the money is right.
Originally posted by pdc20:

I could totally see that scenario. Kyle is not someone you want to piss generally.
Besides Don Yee always plays a weird game with the Niners between Garoppolo and Brady.
It wouldn´t be the most shocking thing we would see in NFL.
remember that story that came out mid season when one of the Patriots player called jimmy a b***h for taking himself out of the game right before game time to save himself for Free agency ?

this really could be a move to get cut
Share 49ersWebzone