Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 201 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Should just cut him already. Let another team pick him up to be backup and compete for a starting job elsewhere to offset the 7.5m injury settlement.

I hope they don't drag his out through the summer or longer.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Maiocco tweet about the Jimmy situation, yet?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I remember when people said Jimmy G was a top 15 QB. Special times

Shoot I remember top 6

Worthy of two 1st rounders.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

Shoot I remember top 6

Top 6? I remember top 3 and MVP candidate.

Where are they now? We know who they are!
Originally posted by 49Fever:
If lynch had really two 2nd on the table and didnt triggered the trade it shows he didnt really understand the market for JG…
unless it's from the seahawks
I'd make that trade happen today to Seattle.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
If lynch had really two 2nd on the table and didnt triggered the trade it shows he didnt really understand the market for JG…

More likely that was made up.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He did say his best guess is to the Texans.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

Shoot I remember top 6

Top 6? I remember top 3 and MVP candidate.

Careful, they'll bring up his winning record.

Maybe it was 2023 and 2024 2nds from the Panthers along with the entirety of Sam Darnold's contract?

Yeah I've got nothing.
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

I could totally see that scenario. Kyle is not someone you want to piss generally.
Besides Don Yee always plays a weird game with the Niners between Garoppolo and Brady.
It wouldn´t be the most shocking thing we would see in NFL.
remember that story that came out mid season when one of the Patriots player called jimmy a b***h for taking himself out of the game right before game time to save himself for Free agency ?

this really could be a move to get cut

Bro I got suspended for posting those vids. I offended the jimmy lovers. JIMMY IS A b***h. And has been since New England
i got into it with you at the time for not what you thought of jimmy, but the timing (playoffs) to come start arguing with everyone.. even though jimmy deserved it.

but i have no issues with you now since the season/playoffs are over

Originally posted by ltrain:

They have the best neck in the league since Peyton Manning.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by thl408:
meh, so the 49ers lost out on a 3rd rounder (or something like that). Big deal. Time for the team to move on.

Agreed. More upset about the cap ramifications and if it cause us to miss on some free agents. Otherwise. Let's move on.

Did they lose out on a Fred Warner or a Jalen Hurd (3rd rounders)? It would have been nice to get something valuable in return but the market has spoken.

Well sure, the market is valuing a QB that just had a shoulder operation and can't even throw till sometime mid-summer. Of course the market value of that kind of a QB would be greatly reduced. That should change once he throws again. Now whether there will still be a market for Jimmy, that's another question entirely. I think there will be, but clearly if he's marketed *after* the draft - the QB market will be considerably changed due to the draft. I still hope that he can be traded sometime around draft day. Hopefully the medical indications around draft day say that he's rehabbing well and the prognosis is good. Will that be enough to land him a spot? We shall see.
Originally posted by ltrain:

I don't see that happening unless we lower the compensation, ignore Jimmy's wishes, and treat it as a salary dump trade.

Which I would be fine with.
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

I could totally see that scenario. Kyle is not someone you want to piss generally.
Besides Don Yee always plays a weird game with the Niners between Garoppolo and Brady.
It wouldn´t be the most shocking thing we would see in NFL.
remember that story that came out mid season when one of the Patriots player called jimmy a b***h for taking himself out of the game right before game time to save himself for Free agency ?

this really could be a move to get cut

Bro I got suspended for posting those vids. I offended the jimmy lovers. JIMMY IS A b***h. And has been since New England
i got into it with you at the time for not what you thought of jimmy, but the timing (playoffs) to come start arguing with everyone.. even though jimmy deserved it.

but i have no issues with you now since the season/playoffs are over

Ya well unfortunately it's playing out exactly like I'd figured with him being an overhyped con artist qb
Originally posted by Waterbear:
They have the best neck in the league since Peyton Manning.

Reminds me of that old Drew Brees pic from years back
Share 49ersWebzone