Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 181 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Reminds me of that old Drew Brees pic from years back

Post Ahmad Brooks sack right?
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

I could totally see that scenario. Kyle is not someone you want to piss generally.
Besides Don Yee always plays a weird game with the Niners between Garoppolo and Brady.
It wouldn´t be the most shocking thing we would see in NFL.
remember that story that came out mid season when one of the Patriots player called jimmy a b***h for taking himself out of the game right before game time to save himself for Free agency ?

this really could be a move to get cut

Bro I got suspended for posting those vids. I offended the jimmy lovers. JIMMY IS A b***h. And has been since New England
i got into it with you at the time for not what you thought of jimmy, but the timing (playoffs) to come start arguing with everyone.. even though jimmy deserved it.

but i have no issues with you now since the season/playoffs are over

Ya well unfortunately it's playing out exactly like I'd figured with him being an overhyped con artist qb
i gave him the benefit of the doubt until around game 6. Around the time he said some BS about... at the end of the day i'm still a winner
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Maiocco tweet about the Jimmy situation, yet?
He did say his best guess is to the Texans.

I don't see that happening unless we lower the compensation, ignore Jimmy's wishes, and treat it as a salary dump trade.

Which I would be fine with.
Yup, snag a 5th and dump his salary. Done.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Reminds me of that old Drew Brees pic from years back

Post Ahmad Brooks sack right?

Yeah lol
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Maiocco tweet about the Jimmy situation, yet?
He did say his best guess is to the Texans.
Even MM knows this situation is bleak. Texans are in no hurry to give up draft capital right now.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Did it? We don't know that bud. We have no idea what that trade market was prior to the surgery. I'm not saying it's possible it did but no one here can say 100% there wasn't an opportunity to move Jimmy during those weeks before he opted to have surgery.

Evidence seems to show the market was pretty poor. Reality is the league just doesn't value the guy highly. Teams would rather sign Mitch Trubisky or Marcus Mariotta.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Wolf_Packer_53.
All these teams with the exception of the Panthers and Seahawks pretty much have a plan in place for who will be their starting QB come 2022. What happens though if they miss out on the rookie QB they hoped to draft or their starter suffers a season ending injury either before the season starts or sometime before the 2022 trade deadline? They'll be calling the Niners for Jimmy G as their contingency plan.

I think Jimmy's diminished value stems mostly from his shoulder injury because there is just no guarantee how he will recover from that. Once he demonstrates his shoulder is fine, I think his value will return. Maybe not to 2 second round picks but perhaps 2 third rounders with one having potential to turn into a second.
[ Edited by Wolf_Packer_53 on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:15 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Did it? We don't know that bud. We have no idea what that trade market was prior to the surgery. I'm not saying it's possible it did but no one here can say 100% there wasn't an opportunity to move Jimmy during those weeks before he opted to have surgery.

Evidence seems to show the market was pretty poor. Reality is the league just doesn't value the guy highly. Teams would rather sign Mitch Trubisky or Marcus Mariotta.

The market changed after the surgery.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Yup turns out having a busted throwing arm is viewed somehow as a red flag of sorts.

Oh well run it back. Guess we'll have to keep going to NFC Champs and Super Bowls

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Everyone is finally seeing what Jimmy's true value is. Good news is that Kyle can take a team with a QB the rest of the league sees as a chocolate mess to the Super Bowl. Can't wait to see what he does with a real QB.

It would be really funny if Jimmy can't find a home this offseason and he renegotiates his contract with the 49ers - lowers his salary to a backup level salary (whatever that is), gets his shoulder healed and then finds a home next year, or the year after. I doubt that would happen and I doubt Jimmy's going to be cut but I would think if ShanaLynch decides (for whatever reason to keep him on the roster for 2022) I'd hope they'd try to renegotiate that salary cap hit down from 27 million.

Having said that, there's still a lot of time to Trade Jimmy. The draft is coming up, and what I think is holding things up is the time it takes for him to heal and prove to the NFL he can still throw the football. Once his shoulder is healed, it will be much easier to trade Jimmy at that point.

I was open to the idea of having him back Trey up for a hot second, but just don't think that'd be good for the locker room. Once he gets the chance to play for another team not coached by Kyle though, and the weaknesses in his game are exposed, I'd be open to him returning as a backup if the money is right.

There's still a lot of options with Jimmy. Cut him, trade him, keep him, are the most viable options. Now if they keep him, I would think they would do something about that 27 million cap hit, considering the 49ers were bending over backwards to get him to a good team - and no fault of the 49ers - got screwed by that unexpected shoulder injury operation at the last minute.

Still, I think there is a good chance he will be traded, not kept. Using that unexpected shoulder operation is key here. With that, I can now see him going to a bottom feeding team, as the QB and the 49ers getting a draft pick compensation. The 49ers excuse to trade him to a bottom feeder team (vs a playoff ready team) is that unexpected shoulder injury operation. I think both the 49ers and Jimmy can come to an understanding that despite the 49ers best efforts to get him into a playoff ready team, through no fault of either party, that shoulder operation screwed everything up. The 49ers will now have to protect the team - and get that cap space freed up. Jimmy will go to a bottom feeder team, and have the option to get a new team and a new contract after a year. He will still get his 27 million, so hopefully there should be no hard feelings. We shall see.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yup turns out having a busted throwing arm is viewed somehow as a red flag of sorts.

Oh well run it back. Guess we'll have to keep going to NFC Champs and Super Bowls

At this point I feel like you have to be trolling or begging for people to react to you.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
There's still a lot of options with Jimmy. Cut him, trade him, keep him, are the most viable options. Now if they keep him, I would think they would do something about that 27 million cap hit, considering the 49ers were bending over backwards to get him to a good team - and no fault of the 49ers - got screwed by that unexpected shoulder injury operation at the last minute.

Still, I think there is a good chance he will be traded, not kept. Using that unexpected shoulder operation is key here. With that, I can now see him going to a bottom feeding team, as the QB and the 49ers getting a draft pick compensation. The 49ers excuse to trade him to a bottom feeder team (vs a playoff ready team) is that unexpected shoulder injury operation. I think both the 49ers and Jimmy can come to an understanding that despite the 49ers best efforts to get him into a playoff ready team, through no fault of either party, that shoulder operation screwed everything up. The 49ers will now have to protect the team - and get that cap space freed up. Jimmy will go to a bottom feeder team, and have the option to get a new team and a new contract after a year. He will still get his 27 million, so hopefully there should be no hard feelings. We shall see.

What bottom feeding team is going to want to spend $27 mil on Jimmy for a 1 year rental? I don't buy it.
Originally posted by Crown:

Simply put this is it. And if you're thinking otherwise just ask yourself if we needed a qb... would we trade for Jimmy knowing his history. Hell no. And that has nothing to do with compensation.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

At this point I feel like you have to be trolling or begging for people to react to you.

Jimmy did take us there, but I feel Trey should be taking over the reigns this season.
Share 49ersWebzone