Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 169 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Agree. I think he will be traded around the date of the draft. If not, then when he's healthy and can start passing a teams physicals.

I just don't know who is left that would want him. Carolina? That's it. All other vacancies are gone, lol.

It's always possible a starting QB goes down somewhere, I guess.
Short answer: Carolina or nobody imo. Nobody is going to trade for Jimmy and have $28m in cap laying around to pay him as a competitor to start or be a backup for one year. Jimmy isn't going to accept a redone multi year contract slicing his yearly salary in half in that role even if he likes the team trading for him. We are screwed on this deal. Hopefully the rest of the off-season goes much better.
So we have an injury prone, talent limited, high salary QB in a dwindling QB market....... Snickers really satisfies.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Lol get real. If you don't want to interact don't. Was Adam Schefter trolling when he outlined a 49ers keep JG scenario? Or does he have no dog in the JG debate and just called it as it is.

Was Schefter trolling when he said Mac Jones was going to SF? Jimmy is trash and the league has spoken. Get him off the roster and move on

Schefter is a professional. You may disagree with his takes but he's no troll. Also being right less than 100% of the time does not mean you are a troll if that's the case we are all trolls lol.
Lol get real. If you don't want to interact don't. Was Adam Schefter trolling when he outlined a 49ers keep JG scenario? Or does he have no dog in the JG debate and just called it as it is.

Was Schefter trolling when he said Mac Jones was going to SF? Jimmy is trash and the league has spoken. Get him off the roster and move on

Originally posted by TD49ers:
So we have an injury prone, talent limited, high salary QB in a dwindling QB market....... Snickers really satisfies.

YYou can scratch High salary.. let me get this straight Ryan's getting two years and 52 million from the Colts and in addition the Falcons had to eat 40 million? That's incredible. The dude is 30 umpteen.

Schefter is a professional. You may disagree with his takes but he's no troll. Also being right less than 100% of the time does not mean you are a troll if that's the case we are all trolls lol.

Dude, you e been spewing over and over that Jimmy will get our picks back. So tell me, do you really believe that? You really believe Jimmy is worth three first round picks? Just stop it.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Short answer: Carolina or nobody imo. Nobody is going to trade for Jimmy and have $28m in cap laying around to pay him as a competitor to start or be a backup for one year. Jimmy isn't going to accept a redone multi year contract slicing his yearly salary in half in that role even if he likes the team trading for him. We are screwed on this deal. Hopefully the rest of the off-season goes much better.

Yup if I'm Lynch I'm on the phone with Carolina and I'm not off the phone until a deal is done. JG for McCaffrey as the foundation I am hoping for. McCaffrey's dad was WR on the '94 team when KS was ball boy. One of Papa Shanny's first acts was to bring in Papa McCaffrey in Denver. Lynch and CMC both from Stanford. Lot of connections here. We are built for the run with top FB, LT and TE who can block. Let's do it.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
the best scenario here is to let Cleveland deal Baker, then cut Jimmy. Assuming Baker goes to Seattle, that leaves Jimmy heading to lowly Carolina or crossing conferences to play for Houston. Since we're not on the hook for his 25m salary, we'll take it as a win/loss. A loss because we got nothing for him (thanks Shanalynch), and a big win because GOOD RIDDANCE !
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

whoever is in charge.. whoever bungled and mismanaged this thing. lynch . kyle or both. they should do exactly what you said but sounds like they will double down , maybe so they are not forced to admit they bungled this thing badly and just keep him where no good will come out of a 27 million dollar backup. or maybe they are scared if they cut him. seattle will come in and get jimmy who would be good for their offense. jimmy must scare the hell out of lynch and kyle more than he does me. i could care less where he is as long as its not on our team. overall we signed a good cb . otherwise in my opinion. led by the bungling of this.. this off season so far as been a miserable failure
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:

Yup if I'm Lynch I'm on the phone with Carolina and I'm not off the phone until a deal is done. JG for McCaffrey as the foundation I am hoping for. McCaffrey's dad was WR on the '94 team when KS was ball boy. One of Papa Shanny's first acts was to bring in Papa McCaffrey in Denver. Lynch and CMC both from Stanford. Lot of connections here. We are built for the run with top FB, LT and TE who can block. Let's do it.

frankly.. i do not think lynch is doing s**t tonight and has not all weekend long and will not all this week

Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Dude, you e been spewing over and over that Jimmy will get our picks back. So tell me, do you really believe that? You really believe Jimmy is worth three first round picks? Just stop it.

Some picks back yes I believe it. This was part of the calculation Lynch made when trading all those picks away, that eventually JG would get some draft capital back. Another reason why we are probably so stubborn to cut him and I don't believe we will, especially with a div rival in the market. And no he's not worth three firsts. Not sure anyone is outside of true FQBs like Wilson and even he wasn't going for three firsts technically.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

YYou can scratch High salary.. let me get this straight Ryan's getting two years and 52 million from the Colts and in addition the Falcons had to eat 40 million? That's incredible. The dude is 30 umpteen.

Just one more QB off the board that isnt named JG.

But he sooooo good. Just look at his record.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Mar 21, 2022 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

whoever is in charge.. whoever bungled and mismanaged this thing. lynch . kyle or both. they should do exactly what you said but sounds like they will double down , maybe so they are not forced to admit they bungled this thing badly and just keep him where no good will come out of a 27 million dollar backup. or maybe they are scared if they cut him. seattle will come in and get jimmy who would be good for their offense. jimmy must scare the hell out of lynch and kyle more than he does me. i could care less where he is as long as its not on our team. overall we signed a good cb . otherwise in my opinion. led by the bungling of this.. this off season so far as been a miserable failure

We would have to know for a fact that there were any pics at all, even a sixth rounder on the table, before we could say anybody bungled anything. Personally, I believe there have been discussions, but no offers made for him.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Instead of taking JG.

It says a lot that IND still went that way over Jimmy. His starting days are over and it's now spot duty rest of career.
Lol not that believe it but the bottom page says 2 possible second rounders and our dumb fans just want to release him for nothing. They'd rather not be triggered adults by his presence and than get something that helps the team. What bad fans.

Y'all are hilarious
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Mar 21, 2022 at 3:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone