Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 195 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Lol not that believe it but the bottom page says 2 possible second rounders and our dumb fans just want to release him for nothing. They'd rather not be triggered adults by his presence and than get something that helps the team. What bad fans.

Y'all are hilarious

Believe it when I see it.

You're already seeing it. Fans literally would rather hurt the team than get something out of Jimmy. All because he triggers them immensely. In sports this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from a triggered fanbase.

I honestly believe the cap space now for a pass rusher would be better for the team than keeping Jimmy and hoping someone get desperate.

Why didn't they sign one instead of a punt returner and another ST guy? That's like 6-7 million right there
Originally posted by mayo49:
NFLN is going to be talking about Jimmy coming up.

NFLN Breaking News :
Jimmy G has been traded to the Iowa Barnstormers for a package of Hubba Bubba and a conditonal bag of popcorn.
Lol not that believe it but the bottom page says 2 possible second rounders and our dumb fans just want to release him for nothing. They'd rather not be triggered adults by his presence and than get something that helps the team. What bad fans.

Y'all are hilarious

You're already seeing it. Fans literally would rather hurt the team than get something out of Jimmy. All because he triggers them immensely. In sports this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from a triggered fanbase.

I honestly believe the cap space now for a pass rusher would be better for the team than keeping Jimmy and hoping someone get desperate.

Why didn't they sign one instead of a punt returner and another ST guy? That's like 6-7 million right there

Because ST was an obvious deficit. So was CB. Both good signing. We need a player to command double teams opposite Bosa. That would put us back in the early 2019 defense conversation. We need a healthy Dee Ford type.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Has a team ever won a Super Bowl with their highest paid player a healthy scratch sitting on the bench?

Hard to research every club so just going off the top of my dome and it's MLB but Barry Zito 2010 Giants comes to mind. They left him off the postseason roster. Course 2012 came around he was starting G1 of the World Series and won vs Verlander. Sports can be an odd ride.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
NFLN is going to be talking about Jimmy coming up.

NFLN Breaking News :
Jimmy G has been traded to the Iowa Barnstormers for a package of Hubba Bubba and a conditonal bag of popcorn.

lol

Y'all are hilarious

Its not impatience, its more realostic views. Do you really think we are getting two 2nd rders for JG.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Butter:

Only 8 more dominoes to fall until a top 8-14 QB in the league has a new team!!!!

"At this point I feel like you have to be trolling or begging for people to react to you."

Sarcasm can be trolling I suppose. At least this is original content though, not something I have repeated over and over again.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Lol get real. If you don't want to interact don't. Was Adam Schefter trolling when he outlined a 49ers keep JG scenario? Or does he have no dog in the JG debate and just called it as it is.

Was Schefter trolling when he said Mac Jones was going to SF? Jimmy is trash and the league has spoken. Get him off the roster and move on

So now Jimmy, the average starter according to you, is trash. We don't listen to schefter, but only the other reporters who have "reported" what's going on with the niners front office. You basically argued this same argument when the niners drafted trey: only the niners know what is going on. All these reports are just noise. Nothing gets leaked by the niners.

But now all of these "reports" are accurate, except for schefter. Got it. It couldn't be possible that Trey is behind, and the niners are only parting with Jimmy for a hefty haul.

Bottom line. Niners haven't parted with Jimmy. Its causing high blood pressure for the Jimmy haters. And reality is sinking in that he may still be with this organization week1.

Bottom line is that teams simply aren't interested in Jimmy. I don't need to read any reports to see the QB carousel spinning around and Jimmy watching it go like a kid who's parents are too poor to buy him a ticket on it.

That's speculation.

Fact: Jimmy is still on the team
Speculation: teams don't want Jimmy
Speculation: Trey isn't ready
Speculation: other qbs are signing because Jimmy isn't a top choice.

How do you know these other qbs are being signed (outside of Wilson And watson) because Jimmy is only available for what the niners believe he is worth?

The only thing we know as fans is that Jimmy is still on the team. Every report that we have seen as to why is pure speculation.

Y'all are hilarious

Does that surprise you? First thing many of those "fans" did after the NFCCG loss was to come here and celebrate Jimmy losing it (even though they claim W/L aren't a QB stat ) instead of being bummed out. Priorities are messed up around these parts, just to "win" arguments lol

Only 8 more dominoes to fall until a top 8-14 QB in the league has a new team!!!!

"At this point I feel like you have to be trolling or begging for people to react to you."

Sarcasm can be trolling I suppose. At least this is original content though, not something I have repeated over and over again.

I do give you props for the original content, trolling and all
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Mar 21, 2022 at 4:12 PM ]

Originally posted by ltrain:
Short answer: Carolina or nobody imo. Nobody is going to trade for Jimmy and have $28m in cap laying around to pay him as a competitor to start or be a backup for one year. Jimmy isn't going to accept a redone multi year contract slicing his yearly salary in half in that role even if he likes the team trading for him. We are screwed on this deal. Hopefully the rest of the off-season goes much better.

Yup if I'm Lynch I'm on the phone with Carolina and I'm not off the phone until a deal is done. JG for McCaffrey as the foundation I am hoping for. McCaffrey's dad was WR on the '94 team when KS was ball boy. One of Papa Shanny's first acts was to bring in Papa McCaffrey in Denver. Lynch and CMC both from Stanford. Lot of connections here. We are built for the run with top FB, LT and TE who can block. Let's do it.

Y'all are hilarious

Because ST was an obvious deficit. So was CB. Both good signing. We need a player to command double teams opposite Bosa. That would put us back in the early 2019 defense conversation. We need a healthy Dee Ford type.

Like who?

Remember if players haven't been signed or moved at this point they obviously suck ass according this amazing fanbase.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Mar 21, 2022 at 4:13 PM ]

Y'all are hilarious

Like who?

Remember kf players haven't been signed or moved at this point they obviously suck ass according this amazing fanbase.

There are about 7-8 upgrades at DE we could sign. But ZaDarius Smith as a very good pass rusher. He may signed already. And he's an injury risk like Ford. But if he remains healthy, he's dynamic.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol get real. If you don't want to interact don't. Was Adam Schefter trolling when he outlined a 49ers keep JG scenario? Or does he have no dog in the JG debate and just called it as it is.

Was Schefter trolling when he said Mac Jones was going to SF? Jimmy is trash and the league has spoken. Get him off the roster and move on
whoever is in charge.. whoever bungled and mismanaged this thing. lynch . kyle or both. they should do exactly what you said but sounds like they will double down , maybe so they are not forced to admit they bungled this thing badly and just keep him where no good will come out of a 27 million dollar backup. or maybe they are scared if they cut him. seattle will come in and get jimmy who would be good for their offense. jimmy must scare the hell out of lynch and kyle more than he does me. i could care less where he is as long as its not on our team. overall we signed a good cb . otherwise in my opinion. led by the bungling of this.. this off season so far as been a miserable failure

We would have to know for a fact that there were any pics at all, even a sixth rounder on the table, before we could say anybody bungled anything. Personally, I believe there have been discussions, but no offers made for him.
Personally.. i believe kyle lynch whoever played a juvenile game of chicken trying to over value jimmy and thinking the entire nfl is stupid. I think the gigantic ego of kyle lynch played a role in it and even when it was becoming apparent with every qb that found a new home whose name was not named jimmy, they needed to change course. but the ego would not permit it. so the nfl said. fine.. we will play an equally juvenile game of musical chairs. well. i think we know who is winning that game.. i think lynch or kyle also did not discuss.. but just told teams what they want, i get how people want to worship at the feet of kyle and lynch . but in this case. they mismanaged,.miscalculated . mis read. mis judged and now we have a 25 million dollar back up no one wants while we have gotten worse as a team

I do give you props for the original content, trolling and all

The original content being the dominoes part, not the Jimmy is in the 8-14 range. That part is a direct quote from posters in here.
Share 49ersWebzone