Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 174 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Last desperate move to say we have 2 2nds lol? If true why would you go public with it , to drive up the price ? Would make the team offered that pretty mad id say and they could pull out, can backfire big time, I call b******t tho
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Lol not that believe it but the bottom page says 2 possible second rounders and our dumb fans just want to release him for nothing. They'd rather not be triggered adults by his presence and than get something that helps the team. What bad fans.

Y'all are hilarious

Believe it when I see it.

You're already seeing it. Fans literally would rather hurt the team than get something out of Jimmy. All because he triggers them immensely. In sports this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from a triggered fanbase.

Does that surprise you? First thing many of those "fans" did after the NFCCG loss was to come here and celebrate Jimmy losing it (even though they claim W/L aren't a QB stat ) instead of being bummed out. Priorities are messed up around these parts, just to "win" arguments lol

It would be stupid to hope for failure to prove a point but lets be honest Jimmy sucked in that game.
I'm all seriousness take whatever Seattle will offer. A 7th. Idfc. As soon as he's released that's where he's headed
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Short answer: Carolina or nobody imo. Nobody is going to trade for Jimmy and have $28m in cap laying around to pay him as a competitor to start or be a backup for one year. Jimmy isn't going to accept a redone multi year contract slicing his yearly salary in half in that role even if he likes the team trading for him. We are screwed on this deal. Hopefully the rest of the off-season goes much better.

Yup if I'm Lynch I'm on the phone with Carolina and I'm not off the phone until a deal is done. JG for McCaffrey as the foundation I am hoping for. McCaffrey's dad was WR on the '94 team when KS was ball boy. One of Papa Shanny's first acts was to bring in Papa McCaffrey in Denver. Lynch and CMC both from Stanford. Lot of connections here. We are built for the run with top FB, LT and TE who can block. Let's do it.

That would be nice but Carolina and the fantasy football community would go bonkers.

It should really come to everyone's realization that Jimmy isn't worth the price tag we're putting on him.

If Lynch lowered his ask then another team may be willing to take on Jimmys crazy contract.

Regardless of a trade or a signing after release Jimmy will have to significantly reduce his contract. Maybe even in half plus some escalators . A 5 th this year and a conditional pick next year maybe a 4th to a 3rd would make me happy. Need more Cow Bell, I mean cap room.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
That would be nice but Carolina and the fantasy football community would go bonkers.

It should really come to everyone's realization that Jimmy isn't worth the price tag we're putting on him.

If Lynch lowered his ask then another team may be willing to take on Jimmys crazy contract.

This doesn't wash for me.

From the perspective of the team acquiring Jimmy they have to be comfortable taking him on coming off surgery at a decent $ regardless of the trade price.

If there are trade offers I would imagine the 49ers would be able to negotiate a trade.

I find Kawakami's idea that the 49ers haven't been offered trades much more believable.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol get real. If you don't want to interact don't. Was Adam Schefter trolling when he outlined a 49ers keep JG scenario? Or does he have no dog in the JG debate and just called it as it is.

Was Schefter trolling when he said Mac Jones was going to SF? Jimmy is trash and the league has spoken. Get him off the roster and move on

So now Jimmy, the average starter according to you, is trash. We don't listen to schefter, but only the other reporters who have "reported" what's going on with the niners front office. You basically argued this same argument when the niners drafted trey: only the niners know what is going on. All these reports are just noise. Nothing gets leaked by the niners.

But now all of these "reports" are accurate, except for schefter. Got it. It couldn't be possible that Trey is behind, and the niners are only parting with Jimmy for a hefty haul.

Bottom line. Niners haven't parted with Jimmy. Its causing high blood pressure for the Jimmy haters. And reality is sinking in that he may still be with this organization week1.

Bottom line is that teams simply aren't interested in Jimmy. I don't need to read any reports to see the QB carousel spinning around and Jimmy watching it go like a kid who's parents are too poor to buy him a ticket on it.

That's speculation.

Fact: Jimmy is still on the team
Speculation: teams don't want Jimmy
Speculation: Trey isn't ready
Speculation: other qbs are signing because Jimmy isn't a top choice.

How do you know these other qbs are being signed (outside of Wilson And watson) because Jimmy is only available for what the niners believe he is worth?

The only thing we know as fans is that Jimmy is still on the team. Every report that we have seen as to why is pure speculation.

I don't. In fact never said that. I don't personally believe he hasn't been traded because our price is too high. I don't think he's been traded because he's often injured, as he is now. His salary is too high and every other team in the league is aware of the fact that they will not get as much production out of him as Kyle did, which was merely average. I think a lot of fans here view Jimmy through their rose colored Niners glasses, while the rest of the league sees him for what he is. A team would only trade for him if they thought there was competition from other teams to get him. Knowing there aren't any such teams, as well as the likelihood he will be released anyways puts that team in a position to simply wait for his release, sign him as a FA to a salary that better reflects his play.
Originally posted by Mooseman:
Short answer: Carolina or nobody imo. Nobody is going to trade for Jimmy and have $28m in cap laying around to pay him as a competitor to start or be a backup for one year. Jimmy isn't going to accept a redone multi year contract slicing his yearly salary in half in that role even if he likes the team trading for him. We are screwed on this deal. Hopefully the rest of the off-season goes much better.

Yup if I'm Lynch I'm on the phone with Carolina and I'm not off the phone until a deal is done. JG for McCaffrey as the foundation I am hoping for. McCaffrey's dad was WR on the '94 team when KS was ball boy. One of Papa Shanny's first acts was to bring in Papa McCaffrey in Denver. Lynch and CMC both from Stanford. Lot of connections here. We are built for the run with top FB, LT and TE who can block. Let's do it.

Regardless of a trade or a signing after release Jimmy will have to significantly reduce his contract. Maybe even in half plus some escalators . A 5 th this year and a conditional pick next year maybe a 4th to a 3rd would make me happy. Need more Cow Bell, I mean cap room.

Could a sticking point be contract extension with new club? What if a team wants JG but can't agree with his agent on an extension that would effectively shut down the trade...
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Last desperate move to say we have 2 2nds lol? If true why would you go public with it , to drive up the price ? Would make the team offered that pretty mad id say and they could pull out, can backfire big time, I call b******t tho

Lynch saving face and saying he thought he had a deal until he didn't. Now he has to dump him for zero.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Mar 21, 2022 at 4:47 PM ]
how can anyone be surprised that the last two qbs standing after the music stopped would be a dude with a zero head and a guy with zero availability in the fourth quarter! Do I hate Jimmy, you bet your ass! Two wasted SB opportunities!!! At least Kap only screwed up one play and not an entire quarter when it mattered most. Our front office knew this was coming, come on, they're not stupid. They are doing the best they can and are simply hoping for the best, which really sucks when you are hoping someone on another team has a season ending injury.
Lol not that believe it but the bottom page says 2 possible second rounders and our dumb fans just want to release him for nothing. They'd rather not be triggered adults by his presence and than get something that helps the team. What bad fans.

Y'all are hilarious

Believe it when I see it.

You're already seeing it. Fans literally would rather hurt the team than get something out of Jimmy. All because he triggers them immensely. In sports this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from a triggered fanbase.

Does that surprise you? First thing many of those "fans" did after the NFCCG loss was to come here and celebrate Jimmy losing it (even though they claim W/L aren't a QB stat ) instead of being bummed out. Priorities are messed up around these parts, just to "win" arguments lol

It would be stupid to hope for failure to prove a point but lets be honest Jimmy sucked in that game.

He sucked towards the end won't argue that. There are reasons that contributed to that but won't go much further at this point because it's pointless. I do disagree that he sucked all game though, after watching it again.

But it was dissapointing to see "fans" relish the loss while many here were still bummed right after. Also, seeing players down like Deebo after the game made it more of a bummer as well.

And it was stupid that many were hoping for failure ,starting week 18 just to prove a point. I guess them having to wait until after the NFCCG made them go off even more.

Originally posted by nobody49:
how can anyone be surprised that the last two qbs standing after the music stopped would be a dude with a zero head and a guy with zero availability in the fourth quarter! Do I hate Jimmy, you bet your ass! Two wasted SB opportunities!!! At least Kap only screwed up one play and not an entire quarter when it mattered most. Our front office knew this was coming, come on, they're not stupid. They are doing the best they can and are simply hoping for the best, which really sucks when you are hoping someone on another team has a season ending injury.

You should post more

Could a sticking point be contract extension with new club? What if a team wants JG but can't agree with his agent on an extension that would effectively shut down the trade...

Absolutely it may have affected or will affect a trade.

We can't from my understand redo or extend his contract if his agent is unwilling.

Yee wants $27 million to the 2022 year. If we don't pay it, then cut him and he will get $7.5 million from us guaranteed.

Once we cut him Jimmy will be out there throwing bombs on social media like never before. His recovery will be miraculous. Teams will put a claim in for him and Yee will refresh and recycle and entertain bids with guarantees.

I think time is on Yee's side on this one and we'll played. He fleeced Lynch.
He sucked towards the end won't argue that. There are reasons that contributed to that but won't go much further at this point because it's pointless. I do disagree that he sucked all game though, after watching it again.

But it was dissapointing to see "fans" relish the loss while many here were still bummed right after. Also, seeing players down like Deebo after the game made it more of a bummer as well.

And it was stupid that many were hoping for failure ,starting week 18 just to prove a point. I guess them having to wait until after the NFCCG made them go off even more.

I was in here talking s**t....but I wasn't relishing it nor was it right away. I was pissed. There was no happiness to be correct.
You should post more

Ok, been reading the forum for more than a decade, love you guys, so much more knowledgeable than me, but that brought tears to my eyes. Haven't gone through all the pages but did see OTC make the call, Jimmy is going to Carolina. LOL, kinda of wish he would go to Seattle for the obvious reasons but that is just me being catty lol.
Share 49ersWebzone