There are 215 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
NFLN didn't say s**t about Jimmy.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Houston Texans could be the team.

* They are stockpiled with picks. What's giving up a few picks to them? They wouldn't even notice it with all the picks they gained.

* They have some QB money they would have paid to DeShaun Watson. Now they don't have that huge contract to worry about.

* Jimmy G is light years better than Davis Mills. You can't tell me otherwise. Get out of here with that nonsense that Mills is better.

This team could make the most sense.

Yup I remember our D vs Mills I was not nervous in the least they couldn't do jack. If you enter a season with Mills and Kyle Allen that tells everyone showing up every day supposed to bust their butt at practice that nothing they do matters can't win with that.

TBF, if you watch the game again, the panthers got shafted several times by the refs. We were very fortunate in that game. Anyways, then Texans don't make much sense because they are in total rebuild, no point in bringing in Jimmy to win 6-8 games only to miss out on better draft position during a rebuild.
Only hope is if Carolina is desperate. After that, you have to cut him. Lynch and the FO f**ked up. Simple as that, they took a risk and it backfired. Now people all over the internet are calling for Lynchs head. No more excuses at this point. Just get it done.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nobody49:
You should post more

Ok, been reading the forum for more than a decade, love you guys, so much more knowledgeable than me, but that brought tears to my eyes. Haven't gone through all the pages but did see OTC make the call, Jimmy is going to Carolina. LOL, kinda of wish he would go to Seattle for the obvious reasons but that is just me being catty lol.

they are hoping he stays here so they can beat our ass twice
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

* They are stockpiled with picks. What's giving up a few picks to them? They wouldn't even notice it with all the picks they gained.

* They have some QB money they would have paid to DeShaun Watson. Now they don't have that huge contract to worry about.

* Jimmy G is light years better than Davis Mills. You can't tell me otherwise. Get out of here with that nonsense that Mills is better.

No one in here believes Davis Mills is better than Jimmy.

Some people in here believe that Davis Mills is NOT worth twenty six million dollars a season less than Jimmy is.

I am one of those people.

If I am the Texans GM, I am absolutely not sending a draft pick(s) plus giving a big contract extension for Jimmy G. Wouldnt even consider it.

Make it happen. He's better than Davis Mills by a long shot.

Trading Jimmy to the Texans is just that....a long shot.

Again, Mills isnt as good as Jimmy. But he is a one year starter and not $26M worse. Not even close.

He's pretty much worse than Jimmy G. Have you seen him play?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
No team wants damaged goods.

and not at the price that it sounds like lynch is demanding,
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Yup I remember our D vs Mills I was not nervous in the least they couldn't do jack. If you enter a season with Mills and Kyle Allen that tells everyone showing up every day supposed to bust their butt at practice that nothing they do matters can't win with that.

TBF, if you watch the game again, the panthers got shafted several times by the refs. We were very fortunate in that game. Anyways, then Texans don't make much sense because they are in total rebuild, no point in bringing in Jimmy to win 6-8 games only to miss out on better draft position during a rebuild.

This. It should be obvious to everyone, but here we are.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Only hope is if Carolina is desperate. After that, you have to cut him. Lynch and the FO f**ked up. Simple as that, they took a risk and it backfired. Now people all over the internet are calling for Lynchs head. No more excuses at this point. Just get it done.

Oh no! Not people on the internet!

No one in here believes Davis Mills is better than Jimmy.

Some people in here believe that Davis Mills is NOT worth twenty six million dollars a season less than Jimmy is.

I am one of those people.

If I am the Texans GM, I am absolutely not sending a draft pick(s) plus giving a big contract extension for Jimmy G. Wouldnt even consider it.

Make it happen. He's better than Davis Mills by a long shot.

Trading Jimmy to the Texans is just that....a long shot.

Again, Mills isnt as good as Jimmy. But he is a one year starter and not $26M worse. Not even close.

Please see the bolded. I have said multiple times in the last couple pages that Jimmy is better than Davis Mills. My opinion is that Jimmy is NOT $26M and a draft pick better though. That doesnt mean I dont think Jimmy is better.

Got it this time? I can repeat myself for the 4th time if you still arent getting it.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:04 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

a bunch of people though are defending lynch. the problem is that he not only f**ked up but ego does not permit him to save face and either cut him or just trade him and get whatever anyone will give you,,

I 'm totally with you as to who looks better, but teams fall in love with rookie contracts and those who show up. Jimmy has not and Davis has. For what it's worth, Jimmy looks goods on a stacked team and Davis looks good on a team devoid of talent. Just saying.
Originally posted by cciowa:
a bunch of people though are defending lynch. the problem is that he not only f**ked up but ego does not permit him to save face and either cut him or just trade him and get whatever anyone will give you,,

Yep they need to put ego aside and make the best decision for the team going forward

Calling for Lynchs head for what reason?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

This. It should be obvious to everyone, but here we are.

Jimmy G wins games. This team could make the playoffs with Jimmy G. You either try to get better or you are getting worse.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
No serious NFL GM is going to fall for Lynch's old car salesman tricks. They're not as gullible as some WZ posters.
Share 49ersWebzone