There are 140 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by nobody49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's pretty much worse than Jimmy G. Have you seen him play?

I 'm totally with you as to who looks better, but teams fall in love with rookie contracts and those who show up. Jimmy has not and Davis has. For what it's worth, Jimmy looks goods on a stacked team and Davis looks good on a team devoid of talent. Just saying.

I don't think Mills looks that good to be honest. Jimmy G is a little underrated here. Mostly hurt a lot is the problem.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Only hope is if Carolina is desperate. After that, you have to cut him. Lynch and the FO f**ked up. Simple as that, they took a risk and it backfired. Now people all over the internet are calling for Lynchs head. No more excuses at this point. Just get it done.

a bunch of people though are defending lynch. the problem is that he not only f**ked up but ego does not permit him to save face and either cut him or just trade him and get whatever anyone will give you,,

If the reports that Lynch turned down a 2nd rounder for Jimmy last year are true, then your statement is 100% correct. But until this game of stump the dummy has finished playing out, can't say that. It may be possible something is in the works now, it may also be possible that Lynch hasn't received a single offer. I think he's done a good enough job to warrant the benefit of the doubt right now and hopefully we can turn the page sooner than later. If however Jimmy is on the roster after the draft, I'll grab my pitchfork.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:15 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Houston Texans could be the team.

* They are stockpiled with picks. What's giving up a few picks to them? They wouldn't even notice it with all the picks they gained.

* They have some QB money they would have paid to DeShaun Watson. Now they don't have that huge contract to worry about.

* Jimmy G is light years better than Davis Mills. You can't tell me otherwise. Get out of here with that nonsense that Mills is better.

This team could make the most sense.

Yup I remember our D vs Mills I was not nervous in the least they couldn't do jack. If you enter a season with Mills and Kyle Allen that tells everyone showing up every day supposed to bust their butt at practice that nothing they do matters can't win with that.

TBF, if you watch the game again, the panthers got shafted several times by the refs. We were very fortunate in that game. Anyways, then Texans don't make much sense because they are in total rebuild, no point in bringing in Jimmy to win 6-8 games only to miss out on better draft position during a rebuild.

This. It should be obvious to everyone, but here we are.

Jimmy G wins games. This team could make the playoffs with Jimmy G. You either try to get better or you are getting worse.

False narrative.
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Yep they need to put ego aside and make the best decision for the team going forward

Is it really about ego or just reality? I mean, seriously, do they really strike you as stupid? This is definitely one of those times when we should acknowledge how difficult it is to be a GM. You guys know better than me.
As much as I want the 49ers to move on from Jimmy it doesn't make sense for them to release Jimmy at this point unless you are planning on signing people with his cap... which it doesn't look like they are interested in doing.

My prediction is they will hold off until the day his contract becomes guaranteed in hopes someone gets desperate. Hoping some QB tears an ACL which I hope doesn't happen, we don't need bad karma. I can fully see a scenario where he is standing on the sidelines not playing all preseason. As much as I hate this scenario it is something I can see them doing.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

* They are stockpiled with picks. What's giving up a few picks to them? They wouldn't even notice it with all the picks they gained.

* They have some QB money they would have paid to DeShaun Watson. Now they don't have that huge contract to worry about.

* Jimmy G is light years better than Davis Mills. You can't tell me otherwise. Get out of here with that nonsense that Mills is better.

Yup I remember our D vs Mills I was not nervous in the least they couldn't do jack. If you enter a season with Mills and Kyle Allen that tells everyone showing up every day supposed to bust their butt at practice that nothing they do matters can't win with that.

TBF, if you watch the game again, the panthers got shafted several times by the refs. We were very fortunate in that game. Anyways, then Texans don't make much sense because they are in total rebuild, no point in bringing in Jimmy to win 6-8 games only to miss out on better draft position during a rebuild.

Jimmy G wins games. This team could make the playoffs with Jimmy G. You either try to get better or you are getting worse.

False narrative.

Nothing false about it.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My theory (bc I am innately petty) is that the 49ers felt surprised and screwed by the late surgery, and interpreted it as a move by Jimmy's camp to secure a release from the team so that he could choose his destination. In doing so, he tanked his trade value and possibly scared off potential trade partners.

If that is the case, I would (if I was the 49ers) hold onto Jimmy until every spot was filled, then release him and let him and his agent beg for a chance to compete somewhere.

I could totally see that scenario. Kyle is not someone you want to piss generally.
Besides Don Yee always plays a weird game with the Niners between Garoppolo and Brady.
It wouldn´t be the most shocking thing we would see in NFL.
remember that story that came out mid season when one of the Patriots player called jimmy a b***h for taking himself out of the game right before game time to save himself for Free agency ?

this really could be a move to get cut

A move to get cut and go where exactly? He may just have to be backing someone up next year because obviously there were no takers in FA. I don't think he had leverage on the open market should he be cut anyway.

He was just hoping the 49ers could pull off a Christmas miracle and send him to a contender but that didn't happen so now he gets cut. He can't be our backup. Sudfeld just signed for 2m guaranteed, and as others have said, that isn't #3 money.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
As much as I want the 49ers to move on from Jimmy it doesn't make sense for them to release Jimmy at this point unless you are planning on signing people with his cap... which it doesn't look like they are interested in doing.

My prediction is they will hold off until the day his contract becomes guaranteed in hopes someone gets desperate. Hoping some QB tears an ACL which I hope doesn't happen, we don't need bad karma. I can fully see a scenario where he is standing on the sidelines not playing all preseason. As much as I hate this scenario it is something I can see them doing.

He might be on this team next year. He might even play if Trey Lance isn't ready. I wouldn't give him away for free. There is no reason to.

Here you go again with this nonsense. Teams win games. Texans cannot make the playoffs in the stacked AFC with Jimmy G. Texans couldn't make the playoffs two years ago with Deshaun Watson, who - and I hope you won't argue this - a million times better than Jimmy.

Texans have a young QB who was thrust into a terrible situation as a rookie last year and who has exceeded expectations for his draft slot.

It makes ZERO sense for Texans to spend ANY draft picks on a vet Quarterback. They need him like a bull needs t!ts. They're not a playoff contender, they're in a rebuild mode. They need draft picks as they're rebuilding. Not an old, injury prone QB with serious limitation for 26 million and who needs a draft pick to be had.

Market for Jimmy will pick up once/if he's cut.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:19 PM ]

I agree.

What the "cut Jimmy now" people don't realize is the $7.5M is not guaranteed, it's only guaranteed if we cut him while he is injured, if they really want to cut him, they wait until July, and a doctor clears him to practice, and then cut him then and save $27M instead of $20M.

The only thing that stops the team from doing between now and then is signing 1 year deals. All other deals can be back loaded.
[ Edited by flynhayn15 on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:23 PM ]

False narrative.

Nothing false about it.

Jimmy never won anything. His team did. He was just along for the ride.

He might be on this team next year. He might even play if Trey Lance isn't ready. I wouldn't give him away for free. There is no reason to.

We can't give him away, we tried LoL. His only chance is to get cut and signed to a deal that suits his skill set. Again he can't be on the team next year. Trey needs to get his "Yips" out and the team needs to see what they have.

As someone said, the worst game of poker in history. You have 2 seconds on the table for Jimmy but you are angling for more? Nice try John. That bluff worked brilliantly.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:24 PM ]

False narrative.

Nothing false about it.

Jimmy never won anything. His team did. He was just along for the ride.

So Trey should at least make the NFCC right?

Que the excuses.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:25 PM ]
I was in here talking s**t....but I wasn't relishing it nor was it right away. I was pissed. There was no happiness to be correct.

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to new posters or or posters that hardly post here. Who knows some of them were probably fans of other teams just coming here to pour salt more salt on the wound. I know your position regarding QB going back to Smith days. You've always been pretty consistent. I also don't see it changing with Lance at QB.

Correct. If Lance is making the same mistakes that Jimmy does after he has been a starter in the league for longer than a couple years, I will be just as harsh on him as I was on Jimmy.

I have always been someone who wont be content with a non-elite QB. If you dont have an elite QB, you should never stop looking for one. If Lance demonstrates that he isnt that guy after given time to grow, I will be the first person to bang the drum looking for a new QB.

I don't see Lance making the same mistakes Jimmy does because they are not even close to he same type
of players. Just like I don't see him making the same mistakes as Smith or Kap for the same reasons.

I remember the Smith days when he would roll out and grow the ball out of bounds instead of gaining his players a chance on 3rd down just to be safe. Which is what I hated they most and why I liked Jimmy more than Alex.

Jimmy took more shots, albeit riskier shots at times. But I wouldn't ever call jimmy risk adverse, at the teams expense, like Smith. One of his main problems was trusting his arm more than he should've at times and being to risky with the ball, or throwing blindly to spots trusting his presnap reads too much.

Trey mistakes would be of a different variety. For example in the Texans game, there was a play in which trey scrambled for on 3rd down and had the first down but ran out of bounds short by a yard. Some might say that it will come with experience but those type of plays should be innate by now. He could have extended the ball or just ran one extra yard for the first (like RW or Josh Allen have been doing since heir rookie years) Instead it's a punt. Same as Alex throwing short of the sticks trying to be safe, instead of giving his WR a chance down field for a first down. Both mistakes at the end of the day but of different variety.

Another play in Texans game, Trey was rolling left and instead of using his athleticism to hit the edge and get a first he throws downfield to a covered Aiyuk and is incomplete. Jimmy would never do that mistake because he doesn't have those tools, but again at the end of he day it's still a mistake.

Also, Jimmy only had like two years of starting experience through the end of 2019 when many turned on him. That would only give Lance until 2023 to learn before being criticized for not being elite.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:27 PM ]

When his contract becomes guaranteed there will be a big reason.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone