There are 141 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Here you go again with this nonsense. Teams win games. Texans cannot make the playoffs in the stacked AFC with Jimmy G. Texans couldn't make the playoffs two years ago with Deshaun Watson, who - and I hope you won't argue this - a million times better than Jimmy.

Texans have a young QB who was thrust into a terrible situation as a rookie last year and who has exceeded expectations for his draft slot.

It makes ZERO sense for Texans to spend ANY draft picks on a vet Quarterback. They need him like a bull needs t!ts. They're not a playoff contender, they're in a rebuild mode. They need draft picks as they're rebuilding. Not an old, injury prone QB with serious limitation for 26 million and who needs a draft pick to be had.

Market for Jimmy will pick up once/if he's cut.

Agreed. Texans will see what they got in Mills and find another option the following year if needed. Jimmy and his contract don't make sense for any of these teams anymore. Right or Wrong, all the teams that did make sense forJimmy, all chose another option for their QB1. All that is left is to release him. A team will pick him up as a cheaper option to compete with another QB for a starting spot.
Originally posted by cciowa:
a bunch of people though are defending lynch. the problem is that he not only f**ked up but ego does not permit him to save face and either cut him or just trade him and get whatever anyone will give you,,

that's one take and I would never disagree with you, about anything, but that opinion, sounds like just that. an opinion. I mean seriously, who knows? How else would you have handled this? This is a middle deal and Jimmy has done nothing but put you into to suck situation!
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Houston Texans could be the team.

* They are stockpiled with picks. What's giving up a few picks to them? They wouldn't even notice it with all the picks they gained.

* They have some QB money they would have paid to DeShaun Watson. Now they don't have that huge contract to worry about.

* Jimmy G is light years better than Davis Mills. You can't tell me otherwise. Get out of here with that nonsense that Mills is better.

This team could make the most sense.

Yup I remember our D vs Mills I was not nervous in the least they couldn't do jack. If you enter a season with Mills and Kyle Allen that tells everyone showing up every day supposed to bust their butt at practice that nothing they do matters can't win with that.

TBF, if you watch the game again, the panthers got shafted several times by the refs. We were very fortunate in that game. Anyways, then Texans don't make much sense because they are in total rebuild, no point in bringing in Jimmy to win 6-8 games only to miss out on better draft position during a rebuild.

This. It should be obvious to everyone, but here we are.

Jimmy G wins games. This team could make the playoffs with Jimmy G. You either try to get better or you are getting worse.

False narrative.

Nothing false about it.

Jimmy never won anything. His team did. He was just along for the ride.

So Trey should at least make the NFCC right?

Que the excuses.

No idea. Should he?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Jimmy G wins games. This team could make the playoffs with Jimmy G. You either try to get better or you are getting worse.

he single handed lost the rams game. we won those two games in spite of jimmys best efforts to hand them over. and we have gotten worse this off season and by keeping jimmy as the 27 million dollar back up. we have taken zero steps forward

* They are stockpiled with picks. What's giving up a few picks to them? They wouldn't even notice it with all the picks they gained.

* They have some QB money they would have paid to DeShaun Watson. Now they don't have that huge contract to worry about.

* Jimmy G is light years better than Davis Mills. You can't tell me otherwise. Get out of here with that nonsense that Mills is better.

Yup I remember our D vs Mills I was not nervous in the least they couldn't do jack. If you enter a season with Mills and Kyle Allen that tells everyone showing up every day supposed to bust their butt at practice that nothing they do matters can't win with that.

TBF, if you watch the game again, the panthers got shafted several times by the refs. We were very fortunate in that game. Anyways, then Texans don't make much sense because they are in total rebuild, no point in bringing in Jimmy to win 6-8 games only to miss out on better draft position during a rebuild.

False narrative.

Nothing false about it.

Record with Jimmy G and record without Jimmy G proves you wrong.

When Jimmy G got here it was a dumpster fire. He went 5 - 0 and stabilized the position. He absolutely helped us win more.

False narrative.

Nothing false about it.

Que the excuses.

No idea. Should he?
If they carried Jimmy why can't they Trey?

Que the excuses.

That's one the problems with some of these posters arguments, that they have pigeon holed themselves into NFCC or bust because all we need is a QB that's not trash.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

False narrative.

Nothing false about it.

Que the excuses.

Oh now you done done it, somebody had to. Hahaha

But I agree with you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nobody49:
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Yep they need to put ego aside and make the best decision for the team going forward

Is it really about ego or just reality? I mean, seriously, do they really strike you as stupid? This is definitely one of those times when we should acknowledge how difficult it is to be a GM. You guys know better than me.
now its difficult to be a gm. a terrible lyncexcuse for the way he bungled this. egomaniac that bit us in the ass as he assumed he was smarter than the rest of the nfl and could make them blink. maybe lynch was binge watching the sopranoes and thought he could just strong arm teams into giving him what he wants. defend him. deflect. but he bungled this thing pure and simple and he can not get out of his own way in order to get out of this mess
Mayfield in Carolina would be so dumb. You've already seen what he does despite having a top defense and running game. Jimmy isn't elite but he's definitely better than Baker.

Jimmy makes Carolina a wildcard contender at least.

False narrative.

Nothing false about it.

Que the excuses.

No idea. Should he?
If they carried Jimmy why can't they Trey?

Nor sure what Trey has to do with JG. Good pivot though.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:39 PM ]
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Jimmy wins!

But nobody wants him?

You jumped to the Texans now?

you were so sure it was the colts?

if Houston needed a QB they would have taken Baker. They are fine with Mills. If you watched he actually decent and good piece worth building around
Originally posted by nobody49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
a bunch of people though are defending lynch. the problem is that he not only f**ked up but ego does not permit him to save face and either cut him or just trade him and get whatever anyone will give you,,

that's one take and I would never disagree with you, about anything, but that opinion, sounds like just that. an opinion. I mean seriously, who knows? How else would you have handled this? This is a middle deal and Jimmy has done nothing but put you into to suck situation!

I don't know what goes on behind the scene and for all we know, what you say may OR may not be true

I also don't know if you're pathetic enough to make a new account to pad yourself on the back... that may OR may not be true

Share 49ersWebzone