There are 92 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by flynhayn15:
I agree.

What the "cut Jimmy now" people don't realize is the $7.5M is not guaranteed, it's only guaranteed if we cut him while he is injured, if they really want to cut him, they wait until July, and a doctor clears him to practice, and then cut him then and save $27M instead of $20M.

The only thing that stops the team from doing between now and then is signing 1 year deals. All other deals can be back loaded.

Jimmy's injury guarantee will be offset by any team that picks him up. Do you honestly believe no team is going to pick him up when they don't have to pay him 25m and give up draft picks? The only benefit would be to hold on to him in hopes of getting a trade done during or right after the draft. But I hardly see that happening now. At mostly everyone is set at starting QB, and don't see it getting any better during the draft.

Might as as well cut him now, use some of that money on remaining FA or restructures and wait until a team picks him up to cover the remaining portion.

The trade compensation ship has sailed.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm honestly surprised he doesn't get more commercials. He has the look. He has been to multiple NFC Championship Games and 1 Super Bowl. So he is well known.

Ugh yeah good looking dude. Personality of a slug. Did you listen to him in that commercial? Thus why I think this is his first and probably last national outing. George Kittle, even AR he is not behind the camera.
Lynch, take the L. Use the money for FAs and go all in. We've got 2 or 3 years of cheat code cap savings. And we're using it on Jimmy.

Maybe the niners are so pissed about the surgery timing that they're waiting to cut him once all the starting gigs are filled.

Or maybe he's just a mediocre QB paid like a borderline-elite player… with expensive injury history - and the other GMs called his bluff.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
It's a shame that Baker / Kap got more commercials than JG when they absolutely did much less and choked more

Baker did a good job in those commercials. Are they gonna have one where his home is foreclosed?
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
There are two 2nds on the table.

Kawakami and Maiocco both believe nothing has been offered. I wouldn't trust Florio.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
It's a shame that Baker / Kap got more commercials than JG when they absolutely did much less and choked more

Baker did a good job in those commercials. Are they gonna have one where his home is foreclosed?

But wait....I thought he lived in the stadium
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
So if Carolina doesn't want him, who's left? Half the league passed on him already. That contract is the albatross around his neck, not his win percentage or talent/lack thereof. 27m is a steep price for that many question marks. I don't think anyone offered us jack s**t

There are two 2nds on the table.

I have a bridge to sell you in the desert if you believe that. The number of teams who need a QB is drying up, Jimmy is coming off injury, expensive and can't even practice right now, on a 1 year deal. There aren't even 2 7ths on the table let alone 2 2nds
Originally posted by nobody49:
holy sh!t, talking to cciowa, this is nuts lol. Dude/dudette. love you totally! but yo, you are beating up lynch without proof, just opinion. I choose to think he is smart. I choose to think he did his best. understanding people is absolutely tough. Understanding players is tougher. I think John deserves credit. Look around, how easy is it to find the champions of the league?
Don't mind him, he's too busy buying up all the ocean front property in Wyoming to be current with 49er news
I'm not buying the whole "Niners haven't received a single offer" for Jimmy stuff being leaked right now. Screams of a CYA leak by the front office.
Originally posted by Costanza:
I'm not buying the whole "Niners haven't received a single offer" for Jimmy stuff being leaked right now. Screams of a CYA leak by the front office.

Why would we leak about not getting any offers? That doesn't even make sense

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Don't mind him, he's too busy buying up all the ocean front property in Wyoming to be current with 49er news

that is so awesome! I don't know what that means, but it sounds super cool!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Houston Texans could be the team.

* They are stockpiled with picks. What's giving up a few picks to them? They wouldn't even notice it with all the picks they gained.

* They have some QB money they would have paid to DeShaun Watson. Now they don't have that huge contract to worry about.

* Jimmy G is light years better than Davis Mills. You can't tell me otherwise. Get out of here with that nonsense that Mills is better.

This team could make the most sense.

You jumped to the Texans now?

you were so sure it was the colts?

if Houston needed a QB they would have taken Baker. They are fine with Mills. If you watched he actually decent and good piece worth building around

I was never sure of the Colts. Build around Mills.

LOL.
Did you really forget you said colts and no one else, just go back and reread

as for Mills, Texans looking like they are going that route. You probably don't know him since your not from the area
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
If they carried Jimmy why can't they Trey?

I fully expect the 9ers to be just as good with Lance as starting QB, despite him still being a little raw, Inexperienced, and much cheaper.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It's all moot because he's outta here, but I don't want this season torpedoed if Trey gets hurt or completely flops as a 1st year starter (probably unlikely). It's not the end of the world if he stays if there are no takers (assuming they don't need the cap space to sign Bosa/Deebo before camp).
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
I agree.

What the "cut Jimmy now" people don't realize is the $7.5M is not guaranteed, it's only guaranteed if we cut him while he is injured, if they really want to cut him, they wait until July, and a doctor clears him to practice, and then cut him then and save $27M instead of $20M.

The only thing that stops the team from doing between now and then is signing 1 year deals. All other deals can be back loaded.

Jimmy's injury guarantee will be offset by any team that picks him up. Do you honestly believe no team is going to pick him up when they don't have to pay him 25m and give up draft picks? The only benefit would be to hold on to him in hopes of getting a trade done during or right after the draft. But I hardly see that happening now. At mostly everyone is set at starting QB, and don't see it getting any better during the draft.

Might as as well cut him now, use some of that money on remaining FA or restructures and wait until a team picks him up to cover the remaining portion.

The trade compensation ship has sailed.

I disagree, you hold him, hope that you get lucky with another teams QB going down. It doesn't hurt Trey because an injured QB doesn't take any reps in OTAs, and then you cut him either right before the season, or right when Deebo and Bosa have agreed to their contract.

Like I said, I doubt the team was gonna use the cap savings for anything besides 1 yr deals, signing their draft class, and front loading Deebo and Bosa's contract. If that is the case cutting him now would be the equivalent to folding your hand when you have an opportunity to check.
Share 49ersWebzone