There are 180 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Just cut him and be done with it
Originally posted by KiwiM:

And there you have it. People criticizing the FO for not taking an offer that never existed. If Jimmy was some great talent, teams would have made offers, likely lower than normal due to his injury status, but offers all the same.
Is it possible to divide this into 2 threads; one for actual news, and a second for...sadness.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
So if Carolina doesn't want him, who's left? Half the league passed on him already. That contract is the albatross around his neck, not his win percentage or talent/lack thereof. 27m is a steep price for that many question marks. I don't think anyone offered us jack s**t

There are two 2nds on the table.

From who? Link?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Lynch, take the L. Use the money for FAs and go all in. We've got 2 or 3 years of cheat code cap savings. And we're using it on Jimmy.

Maybe the niners are so pissed about the surgery timing that they're waiting to cut him once all the starting gigs are filled.

Or maybe he's just a mediocre QB paid like a borderline-elite player… with expensive injury history - and the other GMs called his bluff.
You can't really choose one, it's a FUBAR combo
Lynch, just give him up (for free) on the condition that he promises you that he won't make anymore lame commercials
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There are two 2nds on the table.

Kawakami and Maiocco both believe nothing has been offered. I wouldn't trust Florio.

But it's so much easier to believe stories that fit your narrative than those which prove you wrong.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Seriously. Just cut him. End the circus.

Agreed
Originally posted by Costanza:
I'm not buying the whole "Niners haven't received a single offer" for Jimmy stuff being leaked right now. Screams of a CYA leak by the front office.

There isn't any proof that offers are on the table, or that there are no offers. People are choosing to believe what they want at this point. I believe that no team has made an offer for a QB that has only been able to muster 1 full season his entire career, puts up average stats under a coach widely regarded as one of the best offensive minds in the game, can be counted on to have turnovers at the most crucial point in games, has limited physical abilities and costs much more than he is worth. If you choose to believe teams are tripping over each other to acquire such a QB, but our FO, who are actively trying to unload him are ignoring those calls, that's cool too.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Agreed

Still some quality FAs to shift the focus too that can help our team IMO

Agreed

Please, and thank you.
JG gonna get us a pick back potentially or a comp pick
So basically no one was interested in trading for Jimmy for this years 2nd and next years. The question now becomes will Lynch anc company actually be realistic and change there price? Now that the market is basically close to nothing will they actually take what they can get to move Jimmy or will they be stubborn enough to stand there ground? I like Jimmy as a person and i appreciate everything he's done here but he cant be here come OTA'S this team invested to much into Trey to have both of them here again.
I think this no trade so far situation gonna light a fire under JG. Next year he's going to show every team that picked Trubisky or some such look here you made a mistake dude. He's out there taking it personal I'll bet.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Agreed

Please, and thank you.

Who triggered fans more Jimmy or Kap?
Share 49ersWebzone