There are 193 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I think this no trade so far situation gonna light a fire under JG. Next year he's going to show every team that picked Trubisky or some such look here you made a mistake dude. He's out there taking it personal I'll bet.

Because he was holding back with us and not playing to his full potential under arguably the best offensive mind in the league? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Originally posted by Raul98:
So basically no one was interested in trading for Jimmy for this years 2nd and next years. The question now becomes will Lynch anc company actually be realistic and change there price? Now that the market is basically close to nothing will they actually take what they can get to move Jimmy or will they be stubborn enough to stand there ground? I like Jimmy as a person and i appreciate everything he's done here but he cant be here come OTA'S this team invested to much into Trey to have both of them here again.

I predict "stubborn"
So basically no one was interested in trading for Jimmy for this years 2nd and next years. The question now becomes will Lynch anc company actually be realistic and change there price? Now that the market is basically close to nothing will they actually take what they can get to move Jimmy or will they be stubborn enough to stand there ground? I like Jimmy as a person and i appreciate everything he's done here but he cant be here come OTA'S this team invested to much into Trey to have both of them here again.

See, nobody but them know what the actual price is. All speculation right now.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Why would we leak about not getting any offers? That doesn't even make sense
It does when you're left holding the bag and every talking head is saying we overplayed our hand. No hand to overplay if we never got an offer. At first we wouldn't leak this information as it might dissuade other teams from offering. Now that almost all the dominos fell out of our favor it doesn't hurt the front office to leak. Damage control leak to local media.
[ Edited by ltrain on Mar 21, 2022 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

What the price was only they know that is true but they obviously were not happy with the offers they got. I understand if they didn't but at some point you may have to bend and just take what you can get to just move on. I feel they do the right thing it's just right now i think every one is disappointed on how things have gone.

Carolina and SEA are the only teams left that that have an offense that has some good weapons, and are a possible landing spot that makes sense.

And neither of those teams are talented like us on offense, or have Kyle. He's gonna look even worse wherever he goes. If you can't look good with Kittle, Deebo, BA, good run game, and a solid player caller, it's definitely on you.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Carolina and SEA are the only teams left that that have an offense that has some good weapons, and are a possible landing spot that makes sense.

And neither of those teams are talented like us on offense, or have Kyle. He's gonna look even worse wherever he goes. If you can't look good with Kittle, Deebo, BA, good run game, and a solid player caller, it's definitely on you.

I just want to move on and see what Trey brings where Jimmy goes and how he does doesn't really bother me. I wish him well as long as it's not against us. If he fails elsewhere so be it.

What the price was only they know that is true but they obviously were not happy with the offers they got. I understand if they didn't but at some point you may have to bend and just take what you can get to just move on. I feel they do the right thing it's just right now i think every one is disappointed on how things have gone.

LOL, ok let's do it that way then.

Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by Brucey72:

I agree.

What the "cut Jimmy now" people don't realize is the $7.5M is not guaranteed, it's only guaranteed if we cut him while he is injured, if they really want to cut him, they wait until July, and a doctor clears him to practice, and then cut him then and save $27M instead of $20M.

The only thing that stops the team from doing between now and then is signing 1 year deals. All other deals can be back loaded.

Great post thanks for the clarification!

If there's no deal now, shouldn't we just cut him so we can make moves with FA pick ups? Backloading as you say is still a risk. Will we even have room for rookie draft deals, don't we have to be under the cap for those? $20M fees up a lot of space, the team may be better off just clearing the books and resetting. Would management and ownership want to continue with this circus until July?

I would think that Yee has been making calls to GMs too and knows his clients Market. If we prolonged until July Yee is going to make sure Jimmy has a setback and can't throw. Lynch will lose the waiting game against Yee I'm afraid.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Mar 21, 2022 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
quite the wordsmith

He stuck the landing with that name it is Benissimo... after that it all went downhill fast

I think this no trade so far situation gonna light a fire under JG. Next year he's going to show every team that picked Trubisky or some such look here you made a mistake dude. He's out there taking it personal I'll bet.

IF JG is on the 49ers roster this season, and that is very unlikely, he won't be playing. He will be holding a clipboard. His chance to prove himself was the NFC Championship
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

IF JG is on the 49ers roster this season, and that is very unlikely, he won't be playing. He will be holding a clipboard. His chance to prove himself was the NFC Championship

If it gets to August that's preseason and if healthy would be nice to showcase him. I imagine if he lights it up and is 100%, serious trade value would be restored. Course other teams have the depth chart filled by then however there's 31 other clubs and stuff always happens.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Only hope is if Carolina is desperate. After that, you have to cut him. Lynch and the FO f**ked up. Simple as that, they took a risk and it backfired. Now people all over the internet are calling for Lynchs head. No more excuses at this point. Just get it done.

I don't think Lynch had a chance to make a deal. No GM in their right mind is going to give up much more than a bag of chips for a QB with a damaged throwing shoulder.

FWIW, I still believe a healthy JG would be worth a 2nd and a conditional 3rd BUT that is when he is healthy. However, that is all water over the dam because he IS hurt and until it is fully healthy, no one is going to give up much of anything for him. The best value chance we have is to keep him until he has demonstrated he is healthy and another team has a need. There is no dire need for cap room now that cannot be met if Jimmy isn't dealt until September.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Only hope is if Carolina is desperate. After that, you have to cut him. Lynch and the FO f**ked up. Simple as that, they took a risk and it backfired. Now people all over the internet are calling for Lynchs head. No more excuses at this point. Just get it done.

I don't think Lynch had a chance to make a deal. No GM in their right mind is going to give up much more than a bag of chips for a QB with a damaged throwing shoulder.

FWIW, I still believe a healthy JG would be worth a 2nd and a conditional 3rd BUT that is when he is healthy. However, that is all water over the dam because he IS hurt and until it is fully healthy, no one is going to give up much of anything for him. The best value chance we have is to keep him until he has demonstrated he is healthy and another team has a need. There is no dire need for cap room now that cannot be met if Jimmy isn't dealt until September.

I'm thinking along these lines myself. Not the worst thing ever. I mean actually feels kinda good to have a strong QB room. Anything weird happens with Lance or JG we're still covered with starting caliber play either way. Lance wasn't the starter but had a couple of knocks last year himself.
If it gets to August that's preseason and if healthy would be nice to showcase him. I imagine if he lights it up and is 100%, serious trade value would be restored. Course other teams have the depth chart filled by then however there's 31 other clubs and stuff always happens.

What exactly do you expect to showcase that isn't already very well known?
Share 49ersWebzone