There are 207 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Maybe someone will take him if we give them one of our picks instead of giving us a pick? 🤷🏻
Take the two 2nds if you have it. If they don't they have to wait longer, trade him later, keep him on the roster, or release him at some point.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If it gets to August that's preseason and if healthy would be nice to showcase him. I imagine if he lights it up and is 100%, serious trade value would be restored. Course other teams have the depth chart filled by then however there's 31 other clubs and stuff always happens.

What exactly do you expect to showcase that isn't already very well known?

This... he has been in the NFL for years. Hes not some unknown prospect. Nothing he can do in a preseason game would increase value
Can you guys do us a favor and not quote the trolls? Just hit the report button and move on. Reporting and then ignoring these idiots is the best way to go about it.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
If it gets to August that's preseason and if healthy would be nice to showcase him. I imagine if he lights it up and is 100%, serious trade value would be restored. Course other teams have the depth chart filled by then however there's 31 other clubs and stuff always happens.

What exactly do you expect to showcase that isn't already very well known?

This... he has been in the NFL for years. Hes not some unknown prospect. Nothing he can do in a preseason game would increase value

Just sayin showcase he's 100% and ready to go after the surg if he's still on roster at that time and healthy
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I think this no trade so far situation gonna light a fire under JG. Next year he's going to show every team that picked Trubisky or some such look here you made a mistake dude. He's out there taking it personal I'll bet.

IF JG is on the 49ers roster this season, and that is very unlikely, he won't be playing. He will be holding a clipboard. His chance to prove himself was the NFC Championship

What team and GM in their right mind would base their value and assessment of Garoppolo on how he performs in preseason, playing against backups in a vanilla offense in meaningless games?

Yes, preseason to show his arm is healed is one thing. But they're not gonna use preseason to assess his performance and skills whatsoever
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Only hope is if Carolina is desperate. After that, you have to cut him. Lynch and the FO f**ked up. Simple as that, they took a risk and it backfired. Now people all over the internet are calling for Lynchs head. No more excuses at this point. Just get it done.

I don't think Lynch had a chance to make a deal. No GM in their right mind is going to give up much more than a bag of chips for a QB with a damaged throwing shoulder.

FWIW, I still believe a healthy JG would be worth a 2nd and a conditional 3rd BUT that is when he is healthy. However, that is all water over the dam because he IS hurt and until it is fully healthy, no one is going to give up much of anything for him. The best value chance we have is to keep him until he has demonstrated he is healthy and another team has a need. There is no dire need for cap room now that cannot be met if Jimmy isn't dealt until September.

Matt Ryan fetched a 3rd. Yes he is older, but whatever team Jimmy goes to will likely only view him as a short term solution anyway. So if you're a GM looking to get a bridge QB for the next 2-3 years, which would you rather have? No, there won't be a trade offer for Jimmy until or unless more than one team becomes interested.
So Homer's done went from we getting a 1st rounder to yea nobody offered a trade for him at all. Classic webzone
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 21, 2022 at 8:20 PM ]
Looks like those on the outside don't see the qualities the locker room says Jimmy has.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Can you guys do us a favor and not quote the trolls? Just hit the report button and move on. Reporting and then ignoring these idiots is the best way to go about it.

Where's the fun in that?

Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by Brucey72:

I agree.

What the "cut Jimmy now" people don't realize is the $7.5M is not guaranteed, it's only guaranteed if we cut him while he is injured, if they really want to cut him, they wait until July, and a doctor clears him to practice, and then cut him then and save $27M instead of $20M.

The only thing that stops the team from doing between now and then is signing 1 year deals. All other deals can be back loaded.

Great post thanks for the clarification!

If there's no deal now, shouldn't we just cut him so we can make moves with FA pick ups? Backloading as you say is still a risk. Will we even have room for rookie draft deals, don't we have to be under the cap for those? $20M fees up a lot of space, the team may be better off just clearing the books and resetting. Would management and ownership want to continue with this circus until July?

I would think that Yee has been making calls to GMs too and knows his clients Market. If we prolonged until July Yee is going to make sure Jimmy has a setback and can't throw. Lynch will lose the waiting game against Yee I'm afraid.

There is no difference in a 2 year $10M contract that has $7M cap hit this year and $3M cap hit next year, and one with a $1M cap hit this year, with $6M in unused cap after Jimmy's contract is off the books, that the team allows to rollover to next year.

Like I said, the only thing his contract is preventing the team from doing is offering a Gilmore/Wagner type a $10M 1 year deal, or offering Tartt, Kwaun, and Key all 1 year deals, but even those have ways around it. They could be offered 2 year deals with a player option to void the 2nd year if they reach certain incentives,
At this point, value might only be worth a Subway sammich
If we don't trade him in the next few days for that two 2nds then I guess it's not there. If that's the case we have to wait longer and see if we can come up with something. Or we eventually release him. Or be willing to take something less.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Only hope is if Carolina is desperate. After that, you have to cut him. Lynch and the FO f**ked up. Simple as that, they took a risk and it backfired. Now people all over the internet are calling for Lynchs head. No more excuses at this point. Just get it done.

I don't think Lynch had a chance to make a deal. No GM in their right mind is going to give up much more than a bag of chips for a QB with a damaged throwing shoulder.

FWIW, I still believe a healthy JG would be worth a 2nd and a conditional 3rd BUT that is when he is healthy. However, that is all water over the dam because he IS hurt and until it is fully healthy, no one is going to give up much of anything for him. The best value chance we have is to keep him until he has demonstrated he is healthy and another team has a need. There is no dire need for cap room now that cannot be met if Jimmy isn't dealt until September.

Matt Ryan fetched a 3rd. Yes he is older, but whatever team Jimmy goes to will likely only view him as a short term solution anyway. So if you're a GM looking to get a bridge QB for the next 2-3 years, which would you rather have? No, there won't be a trade offer for Jimmy until or unless more than one team becomes interested.

The Ryan trade really has no impact on Jimmy. When I watched Ryan last year, he was just a shadow of what he was 2-3 years ago. Indy knew that. Atlanta knew that. That is why the 3rd. Right now, Chris Ballard is praying they have not bought another Philip Rivers.

So, assuming there is no deal on the table now (which I believe to be the case), we keep Garoppolo until he is healthy, even if that goes into the season. In that case, we have a very good backup for Lance and the possibility of actually getting a draft pick or two when a team comes in dire need. That is a good thing.

The worst possible scenario is that we cut Garoppolo and get nothing in return, and go into the season with Nate Sudfeld as the backup QB. Does anybody really want to see that?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

or
Share 49ersWebzone