There are 238 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I mean...

So what your saying is Sudfield can fetch more than JG
What if Trey Lance is really not ready? They want to bring Jimmy G back to start another year. Lance sits 2 years. Jimmy G plays out his contract.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What if Trey Lance is really not ready? They want to bring Jimmy G back to start another year. Lance sits 2 years. Jimmy G plays out his contract.

If he's not ready? Well, the only thing he has to do is throw a measly 20 tds and 12 ints NOT counting what he brings with his rushing ability and ability to make and extend plays which we saw in the Houston game. (You know the defense that whipped Herbert the week prior).

What a low bar, so he doesn't have to be "ready" just manage the game and play like a bottom 10 qb.
Originally posted by elguapo:

If he's not ready? Well, the only thing he has to do is throw a measly 20 tds and 12 ints NOT counting what he brings with his rushing ability and ability to make and extend plays which we saw in the Houston game. (You know the defense that whipped Herbert the week prior).

What a low bar, so he doesn't have to be "ready" just manage the game and play like a bottom 10 qb.

He doesn't manage the game well. His reads are wild. Like the interception in the Houston game to the left sideline. He didn't see the coverage. He doesn't see everything right now. That's part of not being ready.

As for Jimmy G he was hurt some of the year. Still played well. He made the NFC Championship Game. He made the final 4. With multiple injuries. So it really wasn't that bad.

He doesn't manage the game well. His reads are wild. Like the interception in the Houston game to the left sideline. He didn't see the coverage. He doesn't see everything right now. That's part of not being ready.

As for Jimmy G he was hurt some of the year. Still played well. He made the NFC Championship Game. He made the final 4. With multiple injuries. So it really wasn't that bad.

Ok, now go through each of Jimmy's 38 interceptions and explain how the above doesn't apply to him.

Lance contributed more to the team making the NFC Championship game by not being a net negative in the playoffs like Jimmy was.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Ok, now go through each of Jimmy's 38 interceptions and explain how the above doesn't apply to him.

Lance contributed more to the team making the NFC Championship game by not being a net negative in the playoffs like Jimmy was.

LOL. What? Lance didn't get us to 2 NFC Championship Games and 1 Super Bowl in 3 years. Jimmy G did that. If we bring Jimmy G back for another year we can make another run. Or we can play a QB who is not ready and likely tanks the season.

LOL. What? Lance didn't get us to 2 NFC Championship Games and 1 Super Bowl in 3 years. Jimmy G did that. If we bring Jimmy G back for another year we can make another run. Or we can play a QB who is not ready and likely tanks the season.

Strange that literally zero other teams wanted Jimmy if he's that capable. Even Mariota and Trubisky were more valued than Jimmy.

And before it's brought up, no team offered us two second rounds picks for Jimmy. The only two seconds that belong in this discussion is in reference to the amount of time it would take us to agree to trade him to any team willing to give us absolutely anything for him at this point.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Mar 21, 2022 at 11:47 PM ]

Strange that literally zero other teams wanted Jimmy if he's that capable. Even Mariota and Trubisky were more valued than Jimmy.

And before it's brought up, no team offered us two second rounds picks for Jimmy. The only two seconds that belong in this discussion is in reference to the amount of time it would take us to agree to trade him to any team willing to give us absolutely anything for him at this point.

He's injured, coming off surgery and has a high salary. All coming into play. It's not that he can't play or holds no value. He mostly wins regular season and playoffs. He has value.

As for offers they had or currently have you will never know for sure. It's possible the still get something for him. Or have or had an offer on the table.

Ok, I'm going to probably be the 1,000,000th guy to tell you this, so please try to stay with me. Trey isn't ready yet. The dude is young, didn't play much in college and has only played two NFL games. But guess what, If he doesn't play this year, he won't be any more ready next year. Same goes for the following year. The best way to get the dude ready is to play him. Also to surround him with as much talent as possible. He is in the best situation any quarterback can be in, the only thing lacking at this point is experience. I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but the only way to get experience is to play. He won't be polished his 1st year playing whether his 1st year is now or in 10 years. I am blown away that people who love this game so much know so little about it.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Mar 22, 2022 at 12:00 AM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Ok, I'm going to probably be the 1,000,000th guy to tell you this, so please try to stay with me. Trey isn't ready yet. The dude is young, didn't play much in college and has only played two NFL games. But guess what, If he doesn't play this year, he won't be any more ready next year. Same goes for the following year. The best way to get the dude ready is to play him. Also to surround him with as much talent as possible. He is in the best situation any quarterback can be in, the only thing lacking at this point is experience. I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but the only way to get experience is to play. I am blown away that people who love this game so much know so little about it.

You got to tank the season to do that. You can go to the Super Bowl with Jimmy G.

Ok, I'm going to probably be the 1,000,000th guy to tell you this, so please try to stay with me. Trey isn't ready yet. The dude is young, didn't play much in college and has only played two NFL games. But guess what, If he doesn't play this year, he won't be any more ready next year. Same goes for the following year. The best way to get the dude ready is to play him. Also to surround him with as much talent as possible. He is in the best situation any quarterback can be in, the only thing lacking at this point is experience. I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but the only way to get experience is to play. I am blown away that people who love this game so much know so little about it.

You got to tank the season to do that. You can go to the Super Bowl with Jimmy G.

And lose it again. There is a hump we are trying to get over, and a reason we traded so much to do that. Jimmy is that impediment.

Tank the season? Congratulations, you've reached full fledged troll status.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Mar 22, 2022 at 12:08 AM ]

This is SanDiego youre talking to. That was official loooong long ago.

And lose it again. There is a hump we are trying to get over, and a reason we traded so much to do that. Jimmy is that impediment.

He had a 10 point lead in the Super Bowl in the 4th quarter. Our pass rush gave out. Allowed all the time in the world for Mahomes. As did our coverage too. Allowing fast WR'S to get wide open all over the field.

Play defense, close the game and we win.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

This is SanDiego youre talking to. That was official loooong long ago.

Just getting up to speed I guess. This thread in particular has exposed a ton of them. I can already see how things will go next year with Trey. Guess it's finally time to utilize the block feature.
Share 49ersWebzone