There are 361 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by miked1978:
The real question is can this thread get to 1,000 pages?

I've always thought the over under was 2,000.

4 more months of Jimmy's rehab should get us there.
went 500 pages in like a week.. 2k is small time

Yup. Buckle up for Friday. I predict lots of shenanigans
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Listen to me here guys, if the FO plans on Trey starting, there is 0% chance they go into the season with JG on the roster. They just can't. You'd have a mutiny in the locker room and the truth is JG is better than Lance right now. Bum arm and everything

We are no where near going into the season, so this isin't some great proclamation or anything. We are far away from that and there are 7 and a half million cap reasons why he is still on the roster.

And we still dont want Mac Jones.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If they have to eat Jimmy being on the team for 2022, that shoulder surgery is the perfect excuse to sit Jimmy behind Trey. Let Jimmy play in the presseason to let other teams know his shoulder is physically good to go. But have Trey start because he has 'caught up' to knowing the offense enough to start over Jimmy. Keeping Jimmy on the bench healthy for potential trade partners.

Risking injury letting Jimmy play then his contract becomes guaranteed.

They give him a pay cut before that happens.

That has to be agreed upon by Jimmy and his agent. They aren't dumb they should know they will not ever have a 20+ million dollar contract on the table.

The only chance the 49ers get any value for Jimmy, and Jimmy gets a good contract is if he does play in pre-season. Until/unless he demonstrates he can throw well again, he isn't going to be worth anything more than he is now. Don Yee and Jimmy know all that.

Gotta let him play and if he gets hurt, he gets hurt. After all, Lance could play in pre-season and get hurt as well. Do we sit Lance because he may get hurt and be forced to keep Garoppolo?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Listen to me here guys, if the FO plans on Trey starting, there is 0% chance they go into the season with JG on the roster. They just can't. You'd have a mutiny in the locker room and the truth is JG is better than Lance right now. Bum arm and everything

No

Originally posted by NYniner85:

No

I don't get all the conspiracy theorists. KS is gonna start the guy who gives us the best chance to win. The team will get behind whoever gives the best chance to win. End of story.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

No

I don't get all the conspiracy theorists. KS is gonna start the guy who gives us the best chance to win. The team will get behind whoever gives the best chance to win. End of story.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

No

Got real spooked when it got to 666.
Originally posted by miked1978:
The real question is can this thread get to 1,000 pages?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If they have to eat Jimmy being on the team for 2022, that shoulder surgery is the perfect excuse to sit Jimmy behind Trey. Let Jimmy play in the presseason to let other teams know his shoulder is physically good to go. But have Trey start because he has 'caught up' to knowing the offense enough to start over Jimmy. Keeping Jimmy on the bench healthy for potential trade partners.

Risking injury letting Jimmy play then his contract becomes guaranteed.

They give him a pay cut before that happens.

That has to be agreed upon by Jimmy and his agent. They aren't dumb they should know they will not ever have a 20+ million dollar contract on the table.

The only chance the 49ers get any value for Jimmy, and Jimmy gets a good contract is if he does play in pre-season. Until/unless he demonstrates he can throw well again, he isn't going to be worth anything more than he is now. Don Yee and Jimmy know all that.

Gotta let him play and if he gets hurt, he gets hurt. After all, Lance could play in pre-season and get hurt as well. Do we sit Lance because he may get hurt and be forced to keep Garoppolo?

I need some 49er preseason action

It's nowhere near this time.

We are in the KS is gonna form the team that gives us the best chance to win phase.

There's no sense in being anywhere near discussing that verbiage. But I can see how trying to pitch it in March would cause conspiracy talk.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 29, 2022 at 12:09 PM ]

Originally posted by dj43:

What do you think happened to his shoulder? It was a small tear in his capsule...it wasn't some Drew Brees dislocated right shoulder with a 360-degree tear of his labrum and a 50-percent tear of his rotator cuff.

Jimmy's shoulder is gonna be just fine. Multiple shoulder surgeons have stated it.

He's a 8 yr vet and doesn't have to play in the pre-season to prove anything...it's not like he's gonna come out of the surgery like rookie of the year and be able to throw like Mahomes either lol.

If he get's hurt you've tied more cash into Jimmy for no good reason.

You're last sentence doesn't hold water in the debate. SF isn't trying to get rid of Lance and Lance's deal is GTD. Jimmy's is not.
Originally posted by random49er:

It's nowhere near this time.

We are in the KS is gonna form the team that gives us the best chance to win phase.

I was replying to a post regarding depth chart for 2022 when season comes around. So yeah I mean now is the offseason, correct. Lynch puts together the club. Shanny calls the plays / coaches.

They clearly think Lance is the better option or they wouldn't have tried to trade Jimmy. Kyle said that much this AM (without bluntly saying Trey is the WK1 starter).

They have no reason to say anything other than what they've said...Jimmy's cash isn't on the books until WK1. Jimmy has to get healthy before they can do anything with him...we will see, at this point it's kinda a waste of time to be talking about, nothing is gonna happen for months.

Time to focus on the draft which is in a month!
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
What do you think happened to his shoulder? It was a small tear in his capsule.
Says who?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

They clearly think Lance is the better option or they wouldn't have tried to trade Jimmy. Kyle said that much this AM (without bluntly saying Trey is the WK1 starter).

They have no reason to say anything other than what they've said...Jimmy's cash isn't on the books until WK1. Jimmy has to get healthy before they can do anything with him...we will see, at this point it's kinda a waste of time to be talking about, nothing is gonna happen for months.

Time to focus on the draft which is in a month!

I think it's time to start the Countdown.
Share 49ersWebzone