There are 237 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Nick Foles on the trade block

Jesus another f**king domino that needs to fall.

Makes no difference really. I don't think Jimmy Is getting traded this season anyway.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
But that's another reason I call their bluff on keeping Jimmy. They paid $2 mil guaranteed to Sudfeld, you don't pay that kind of money to a third string QB. Jimmy will most likely be on another team and my guess is it will be on the second day of the draft.

Thus far Shanny and Lynch have indicated that they won't release Jimmy, and they won't give him away for less than what they see as fair compensation. Given that, do you really think Shanny and Lynch will let him go for a day-2 draft pick, or less than a 2nd?
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Mar 29, 2022 at 10:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Trey Lance isn't ready. But that's a separate issue.

And how do you know that? And being a Jimmy fan doesn't count as a reason.

Joe Montana said so.

Steve young, agrees.

"Now Trey Lance, we don't know, and Trey doesn't know. If Trey was ready, Trey would have played," said Young. "Trey needs to get ready this offseason. This needs to be the biggest boot camp ever in history, to get him ready to be expansive. I told you when I said we'd have to watch him go from two to 10, this Fall is not going to go from 6-10, it's going to be a process, it's going to be a patient process, but we cannot wait for that. We've got to get him ready, and we've got six months to do it."

Lance has been working with some QB gurus. So hopefully, once the season starts, he'll be more ready than he was last year.

Yes I agree they both said it. So far he's not ready. He can still grow. Hopefully he does.
Originally posted by random49er:

Joe Montana said so.

Joe Montana saying something and you knowing something are 2 completely different things.

We are back to Joe Montana doesn't know NFL, football and the QB position. It's a strange hill to die on.

We were discussing what you know, not whether or not Joe Montana knows NFL, football and the QB position.

Joe Montana's opinion (because that's what it is) doesn't = you being able to factually foretell the future.

Logic just doesn't work that way,....and throwing big names at horribly faulty logic doesn't make it any better.

Joe Montana said so.

Joe Montana saying something and you knowing something are 2 completely different things.

We are back to Joe Montana doesn't know NFL, football and the QB position. It's a strange hill to die on.

We were discussing what you know, not whether or not Joe Montana knows NFL, football and the QB position.

Joe Montana's opinion (because that's what it is) doesn't = you being able to factually foretell the future.

Logic just doesn't work that way,....and throwing big names at horribly faulty logic doesn't make it any better.

Wow.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If they have to eat Jimmy being on the team for 2022, that shoulder surgery is the perfect excuse to sit Jimmy behind Trey. Let Jimmy play in the presseason to let other teams know his shoulder is physically good to go. But have Trey start because he has 'caught up' to knowing the offense enough to start over Jimmy. Keeping Jimmy on the bench healthy for potential trade partners.

Risking injury letting Jimmy play then his contract becomes guaranteed.

They give him a pay cut before that happens.

That has to be agreed upon by Jimmy and his agent. They aren't dumb they should know they will not ever have a 20+ million dollar contract on the table.

The only chance the 49ers get any value for Jimmy, and Jimmy gets a good contract is if he does play in pre-season. Until/unless he demonstrates he can throw well again, he isn't going to be worth anything more than he is now. Don Yee and Jimmy know all that.

Gotta let him play and if he gets hurt, he gets hurt. After all, Lance could play in pre-season and get hurt as well. Do we sit Lance because he may get hurt and be forced to keep Garoppolo?

My gut tells me as soon as he can throw, and demonstrate to a team that he can throw and pass his physicals, he's going to be traded. I don't think 49ers have to get to the point where he has to showcase his stuff in pre-season. He has enough playoff tape, he doesn't need a pre-season game to prove he can play in the NFL.
there aren't any starting spots now and there won't be any later. Who's going to trade for jimmy to be a back up ?

Browns?
it's not vacant now and will they wait 4 months for jimmy ? Doubt it

I don't even know if the Webzone will exist this Sunday, let alone who will start for any of the bottom feeding teams 5+ months down the road.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
My gut tells me as soon as he can throw, and demonstrate to a team that he can throw and pass his physicals, he's going to be traded. I don't think 49ers have to get to the point where he has to showcase his stuff in pre-season. He has enough playoff tape, he doesn't need a pre-season game to prove he can play in the NFL.

I just don't see a team for him. The Panthers are now looking into bringing back Cam. And in late July and August what team is going to have $27 Million in cap space laying around? Saints just signed Dalton to a 1 year deal worth $6 Million. So Jimmy can prove to be 100% healthy but there is still the $27 Million he is due and he still needs a team who is interested. Those latter two is more of an issue than his health IMO. Atleast at that time of the year. I think the best chance to get any value for him is to give him like a 3 year extension but make it much lower than the $27 Million.Something like 3 years worth $30 Million. And take about $15 Million he is due this year and add it to those future years making the extension 3 years worth $45 Million. Now he would have trade value.But I don't think Jimmy would ever agree to that. Especially to be a backup until a trade happens.

Well, take 27 divide by 3 and you get 9 million. Conceivably, a team with a cap space of 9 million can sign him, if they are willing to trade for him and value him at 9 million per year for three years. In other words, all he needs is a team that thinks he's a viable starting QB. Why not the Panthers? Why not the Browns? Again, a team has to find value in him to sign him. Right now, due to his injury, he's not worth much, but again, he will be healthy soon, and it's at that point in time, that teams will start getting interested him. That's what's holding up any trades, that darn shoulder operation of his.

As of now JG has no starting job available this year and will likely have to "prove it" next year

Teams have used most of their cap space so his potential earnings are looking bad.

i can imagine a scenario where it would make sense for JG to do a 2 year deal to guarantee his current money by splitting it over 2 years but making it guaranteed.

10 mil or less for this year and then set up the remaining guaranteed money as the 1st calendar day again to force an early trade next year and then JG can renegotiate a long term deal with his new team.

As of now, Jimmy can't even throw, so obviously there isn't a starting job for him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
But that's another reason I call their bluff on keeping Jimmy. They paid $2 mil guaranteed to Sudfeld, you don't pay that kind of money to a third string QB. Jimmy will most likely be on another team and my guess is it will be on the second day of the draft.

Thus far Shanny and Lynch have indicated that they won't release Jimmy, and they won't give him away for less than what they see as fair compensation. Given that, do you really think Shanny and Lynch will let him go for a day-2 draft pick, or less than a 2nd?

Probably not, but if it is a pick other than a 2nd, I think a player would be involved too.

Joe Montana said so.

When was the last time Kyle or John took Joe Montana's advice. I can wait

Joe Montana said so.

[ Edited by bewdynewkJH38 on Mar 30, 2022 at 1:27 AM ]

Yes I agree they both said it. So far he's not ready. He can still grow. Hopefully he does.

How can anybody say he is not ready when OTA's Haven't even begun yet? Let's say for argument sake that he wasn't ready last season, How can anybody say he won't be ready this season? Shouldn't that be determined through the entire offseason and especially training camp?

Imagine not seing a single pass in the offseason and telling him he isn't ready because he wasn't ready last season. And you don't trade 3 1st RD picks to draft a guy and have him sit two straight years. That's malpractice.

How can anybody say he is not ready when OTA's Haven't even begun yet? Let's say for argument sake that he wasn't ready last season, How can anybody say he won't be ready this season? Shouldn't that be determined through the entire offseason and especially training camp?

Imagine not seing a single pass in the offseason and telling him he isn't ready because he wasn't ready last season. And you don't trade 3 1st RD picks to draft a guy and have him sit two straight years. That's malpractice.

Treys starting and Jimmy getting cut. But we will deal with this craziness for couple more months.

Joe Montana said so.

Wow.

it's true and if Joe said he was ready we wouldn't hear his name coming out of your month for the past couple months. You'd try to find some other former player or makeup something else.

Also if Trey goes out and plays better football then Jimmy this yr, then what? Does that mean Joe clearly didn't know or probably care about the whole situation? Will you say Joe was wrong or find some weird way to move the goalposts about something you've used as the cornerstone of your "he's not ready" debate? Which is weak at best to begin with.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i checked in. saw we were back to joe montana and quickly went to the safe area of 49er memorabilia area of the zone
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Joe Montana said so.

Wow.

it's true and if Joe said he was ready we wouldn't hear his name coming out of your month for the past couple months. You'd try to find some other former player or makeup something else.

Also if Trey goes out and plays better football then Jimmy this yr, then what? Does that mean Joe clearly didn't know or probably care about the whole situation? Will you say Joe was wrong or find some weird way to move the goalposts about something you've used as the cornerstone of your "he's not ready" debate? Which is weak at best to begin with.

If Trey plays well this year Joe Montana was never a good football player. /s
Share 49ersWebzone