There are 240 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Yup, that possibility that Jimmy will be on the roster for 2022 is looking more and more like a reality.

I might as well come to terms with this as well.
Altho this is a redundant post, which i have posted 3 times already in this thread, most if not all of you thinking up will JG even be on roster, will he bring a 2nd …or two of them…or which player could we trade for him,…are all going to be miserable the next 3 1/2 to 4 months while Jimmy heals. Then once he can pass a physical, then slowly start passing , and then sharpen his passing game,…will any progress be made as to what happens to him and where does he go…if anywhere. And NO…he won't be cut.

this has been from the gitgo, and will continue to be pure and simple, a medical decision. Once resolved and JG can put on a show for whichever interested parties, then , and only then will we know what JG does and where he goes. So keep firing away at possibilities, trade persons, which teams, how much, and so on…but we all have to wait until Jimmy can showcase his throwing abilities, no matter how badly some want to get an answer yesterday…it just isn't going to happen until the above transpires.

Paciencia…paciencia.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Mar 30, 2022 at 4:21 PM ]
I do have to say at this particular point in time I am fairly underwhelmed at the current trade value
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by thl408:
If they did they would have traded for him already. I don't believe for one minute that the surgery is scaring teams off. They know full well he'll likely be ready by training camp. Other teams have eyes too. They clearly saw Jimmy's play like we did. I think they're seeing Jimmy's wins as more to do with Shanny's scheme than Jimmy's play. And, they're predicting him to be released at some point. So why would they spend anything when you can get him for free?

Agreed with all. I don't think GMs think he sucks, he's just poor value for a $27 million dollar QB.

He won't get released based on logic (pros and cons)

Pros of release

Cap space (we get this anyway in about 10 months when his deal expires)

Cons of release

QB room is weaker (less push for TL to earn the job)
Less protection from TL injury (which somehow he was injured repeatedly last year without much play time)
No possibility of compensation be it trade materializing or otherwise (comp pick)
No control over JG destination; he could sign with SEA tomorrow and start against us 2x (haters like to get cute and put this as a "pro" yet even they know he's way better than D. Lock)

You forgot the tearing the locker room asunder part.

Won't happen these guys are pros that JL has assembled. Real team first guys.

Didn't appear that way last year. Aiyuk certainly wasn't on the gobble Jimmy's knob team.

But either way, doesn't cap space roll over?

Not sure what you're talking about but we were the epitome of class last year and professionalism. I keep hearing ppl talking about cap rolling over which is just beyond reason imo.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/02/business-of-football-understanding-the-salary-cap-dead-money

https://bigboardscouting.com/qa/quick-answer-can-nfl-teams-carry-over-cap-space.html#title-9

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/02/browns-lead-nfl-in-salary-cap-carryover

I understand rollover is a thing. Not sure how it benefits us in any way. Why be cheap in 2022 and spend in 2023?

Because when 2023 rolls around Trey will have completed another year and will presumably about to hit the prime of his career.

You haven't articulated any actual strategy involving rollover. You simply put out there that it's a thing. Again I don't see it kicking in. Once we move on from JG and extend Deebo / Bosa there won't be anything serious to roll over.

Rollover would simply be a second worst case scenario. Worst case would be paying 27 million for a back up.
Matt Rhule ought to be the hot seat. Unless a rookie immediately plays well, he's looking at getting fired next year. He needs Garoppolo.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Matt Rhule ought to be the hot seat. Unless a rookie immediately plays well, he's looking at getting fired next year. He needs Garoppolo.

They're going to draft a Qb.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Yup, that possibility that Jimmy will be on the roster for 2022 is looking more and more like a reality.

Not a great comparison. Montana was a 2 time SB winner and an icon when the Niners got Young. Steve hadn't proven himself in the NFL but he had a stellar college career. Jimmy has been okay but hardly a future HOF players and we don't know yet about Trey. He doesn't come with Young's credentials.

Just an invocation of something isn't a comparison. Obviously he's not saying the two are on par with two HOFers. He's invoking a principle that being strong at the position isn't a bad thing it's a good problem to have. He is correct imo.

Okay but they aren't near as strong at the QB position with an often injured average QB and an unproven rookie as they were with a 2 time SB winning QB and a talented backup like Young. That was a tougher decision to make when they moved on from Montana. The current one is being made by Jimmy with his constant injuries and lackluster play in the playoffs.
I do have to say at this particular point in time I am fairly underwhelmed at the current trade value
nobody to blame but yourself
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 31, 2022 at 8:13 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:

And that's gonna get him fired.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yep.

Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
Hey guys how do I insert a picture on here?

Press f10.

Oh, wait, this isn't a vidja.

Yep.

One would think a coach wouldn't be that stupid. But ego is powerful. This guy has to know that he literally had the worst starter in the NFL last year. Sam Darnold was hot garbage.

But who has personnel control over there, anyway?

Yep.
possibly giving up draft cap, Paying 25mil and probably giving jimmy an extension to get the same production as sam darnold will have Rhule fired before the season ends
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yep.
possibly giving up draft cap, Paying 25mil and probably giving jimmy an extension to get the same production as sam darnold will have Rhule fired before the season ends
What is the situation with the Panthers GM in Fitterer? He seems to be a key cog in this deal. If Fitterer is safe and Rhule is on the hot seat....Fitterer might be taking less risks to build for the next coach. If Fitterer is also on the hot seat, then he's more likely to trade for a guy like Jimmy.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yep.
What is the situation with the Panthers GM in Fitterer? He seems to be a key cog in this deal. If Fitterer is safe and Rhule is on the hot seat....Fitterer might be taking less risks to build for the next coach. If Fitterer is also on the hot seat, then he's more likely to trade for a guy like Jimmy.
on the hot seat or not, if you don't view a player as an upgrade.. you're simply not going to trade for him.

now if jimmy was a FA, then it's a different story
Share 49ersWebzone