49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 346 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I do have to say at this particular point in time I am fairly underwhelmed at the current trade value

Thats why you have to wait for someone's starting QB to get injured and then Garappolo's trade value goes sky high. Im still holding out hope tho that Giants or Panthers come knocking soon. For Panthers, we got to hope a couple of teams jump ahead of them and take the QB they are hoping to get.

I mean...Panthers already got Lions, Giants, and Texans who could all be looking at a QB upgrade. Then you got Seahawks and Falcons right behind them who can easily jump them
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 31, 2022 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I do have to say at this particular point in time I am fairly underwhelmed at the current trade value

Thats why you have to wait for someone's starting QB to get injured and then Garappolo's trade value goes sky high. Im still holding out hope tho that Giants or Panthers come knocking soon. For Panthers, we got to hope a couple of teams jump ahead of them and take the QB they are hoping to get.

I mean...Panthers already got Lions, Giants, and Texans who could all be looking at a QB upgrade. Then you got Seahawks and Falcons right behind them who can easily jump them

NYG out imo. They got Danny Dimes and Tyrod T. Which is terrible but it's two QBs they will roster. Panthers are hitting the draft with Darnold as a one year backup. I have zero clue what the SEA plan is. I assume they are just waiting for us to release JG or Browns to do the same with Baker. I guess if Panthers don't get their guy in the draft you could be on to something.

NYG out imo. They got Danny Dimes and Tyrod T. Which is terrible but it's two QBs they will roster. Panthers are hitting the draft with Darnold as a one year backup. I have zero clue what the SEA plan is. I assume they are just waiting for us to release JG or Browns to do the same with Baker. I guess if Panthers don't get their guy in the draft you could be on to something.

Yeah i think that is the most likely scenarios. Havent heard much buzz around Lions and Texans wanting one of the top QBs. But if either of their coaching staffs love one of the rookies, 100% they will pull the trigger.

I think Seahawks are looking at Willis. Carroll wants to go back to the days of having a QB on a rookie contract and dumping all the cap space into the defense.

Why does this keep being mentioned? I asked multiple times to people claiming that this is a realistic option to cite examples of when this kind of thing is done in the past. There has been ONE example: Sam Bradford when Teddy Bridgewater was hurt.

QBs get hurt ALL THE TIME. Why is it that we cant come up with more than one example in history of what you are suggesting happening?
Over/Under 30+ post about Jimmy being traded random places tomorrow?
Wrong thread
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Mar 31, 2022 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Why does this keep being mentioned? I asked multiple times to people claiming that this is a realistic option to cite examples of when this kind of thing is done in the past. There has been ONE example: Sam Bradford when Teddy Bridgewater was hurt.

QBs get hurt ALL THE TIME. Why is it that we cant come up with more than one example in history of what you are suggesting happening?

Didn't the Jets sign Joe Flacco after Zach Wilson's injury? Also, the Saint's tried trading for a QB after losing Jameis Winston last year. So.....
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Didn't the Jets sign Joe Flacco after Zach Wilson's injury? Also, the Saint's tried trading for a QB after losing Jameis Winston last year. So.....

LOL

So signing a veteran free agent off the streets for pennies is the same thing as trading for a QB who makes $27M?

And the Saints tried trading for a QB....so what you are saying is that the Saints didnt trade for a QB after losing Winston. Got it.

LOL

So signing a veteran free agent off the streets for pennies is the same thing as trading for a QB who makes $27M?

And the Saints tried trading for a QB....so what you are saying is that the Saints didnt trade for a QB after losing Winston. Got it.

Nice attempt at a deflection. Your original question was answered. No need to get touchy because you don't like the answer. The original point stands, it happens.

LOL

Nice attempt at a deflection. Your original question was answered. No need to get touchy because you don't like the answer. The original point stands, it happens.

Deflection? I asked for specific examples in history of what people are suggesting can happen with Jimmy, and the two examples you came up with are not even close to apples to apples. No one is touchy, as my question was not answered. You tried, but your examples were just horrible.

Its not a realistic option for teams to trade for high priced QBs in training camp or midseason because their QB went down. If it was, it would have happened more than once in recent history.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 31, 2022 at 4:04 PM ]

LOL

Not even close.

LOL

Yeah hard to trade as you get closer to the year no question. Rams famously had a starter go down in preseason Trent Green and their response was to rally around Kurt Warner. It's next man up as you get close to and in the season. Takes time simply to be able to understand verbiage and call plays. Unless that individual has some experience with the club and system. JG may be in play with specific clubs like LV, NE, MIA or NYJ if something weird happened to their starters.

Draft trade more realistic if a club whiffs on their desired rookie. Some clubs seem to be holding out for a rookie like SEA and CAR.
LOL

2017- Colts acquired Brisett from the Pats when Luck started to exhibit lingering issues and missed the whole season

2015- Cowboys trade for Matt Cassel after Tony Romo got injured

2011- Raiders trade for Carson Palmer after Jason Campbell is injured mid-season

Bro, it happens. Not every year though that contenders lose a starting QB and there are starters available on the trade market. But when it happens, trades do go down.

List of hot seat QBs who would be done with the team if they get a big injury and the team would look for a quick replacement and possible future starter:
- Derek Carr
- Tannehill
- Winston
- Tua
- Goff
- Daniel Jones
- Trubisky
- David Mills
- Mariota
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 31, 2022 at 4:23 PM ]

LOL

Deflection? I asked for specific examples in history of what people are suggesting can happen with Jimmy, and the two examples you came up with are not even close to apples to apples. No one is touchy, as my question was not answered. You tried, but your examples were just horrible.

Its not a realistic option for teams to trade for high priced QBs in training camp or midseason because their QB went down. If it was, it would have happened more than once in recent history.

Look, I'm not going to argue with you. I'll just state the facts. Flacco was traded for; not signed off the street. The Saints were turned down on their trade attempt because the Bronco's said no; but, they still tried and would have traded for a QB if they found a trade partner.

I provided you another example of a trade for a vet when a starter went down. That's what you asked for.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
One would think a coach wouldn't be that stupid. But ego is powerful. This guy has to know that he literally had the worst starter in the NFL last year. Sam Darnold was hot garbage.

But who has personnel control over there, anyway?

Right the HC might not really have the power to make the decision that ultimately affects his job status
Share 49ersWebzone