There are 865 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Perhaps we need to call the Panthers, and offer Jimmy G for Sam Darnold and a 4th round pick. Carolina upgrades their QB position, and we add a 4th round pick and save a little money with Darnold compared to Jimmy. Then we could go to the Seahawks and offer them Darnold for a 5th round pick, and basically have unloaded Jimmy and his salary for a 4th and 5th in this years draft, and allow us to extend Bosa+Samuel right now and still have $$$ for mid season additions if needed at the trade deadline.

At this point we're talking Jimmy for a family sized back of tortilla chips

Tortilla chips are 10 X as durable as Jimmy.
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
No I get it... It just makes no sense that if they were trying to sell Jimmy why admit nobody offered anything for him? How is saying "we have no offers" selling anything? That's like the worst thing to say. You really think teams are going to panic if no offers are out? No...

Again... I'm using their words. You guys are using conspiracies. Leaving the door open for Jimmy from the very first interviews after the season is not going to net us more capital. It's a stupid conspiracy.

I personally want Trey to start. Jimmy had his chances. That's not saying he's terrible like the conspirators here make him out to be but again he had his shot. But Kyle's job is to win and if Trey is still not ready, them Jimmy has shown he can get us deep into the playoffs. I have no ulterior motive nor does Jimmy trigger me beyond humanly possible like he does steve and other people here. I want the best QB. You guys want anything but Jimmy... regardless if it hurts the TEAM.

Not having Jimmys cap to sign rookies, select remaining vets and Deebo/Bosa absolutely hurts this team more than going with Trey.
Remember everyone we got 2 2's on the table
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Remember everyone we got 2 2's on the table

#2 pencils maybe
Originally posted by NDSU:
Kaepernick will be back with a team before Jimmy G.

Just saw the news where he worked out for 5 team's scouts, he's been away 5-6 years? Add another domino that's gotta fall before they can find a team to take JG.
The way I see it there are three different ponts where we should check in for movement in regards to the Jimmy situation. The first is the draft. If there is a team that doesn't address the position in a way that they find satisfactory, maybe they circle back around to Jimmy. The second is when he is medically cleared in late June or early July. Finally would be the beginning of training camp. If I had to guess the most likely would be somewhere between points two and three. If he is still here by training camp I would expect them to cut him. I know the team has said otherwise, but as NotAFinga42 mentioned at the top of this page I see that as trying to generate a market to get some sort of return. The only thing we can do now is wait, so I am going to turn my focus on the draft for the next four weeks and then just see what happens after that.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
The way I see it there are three different ponts where we should check in for movement in regards to the Jimmy situation. The first is the draft. If there is a team that doesn't address the position in a way that they find satisfactory, maybe they circle back around to Jimmy. The second is when he is medically cleared in late June or early July. Finally would be the beginning of training camp. If I had to guess the most likely would be somewhere between points two and three. If he is still here by training camp I would expect them to cut him. I know the team has said otherwise, but as NotAFinga42 mentioned at the top of this page I see that as trying to generate a market to get some sort of return. The only thing we can do now is wait, so I am going to turn my focus on the draft for the next four weeks and then just see what happens after that.

This is the obvious path we are following. Some posters just having a hard time little their baby go or just don't understand football off-season.
"I know the team has said otherwise but"

Interesting...

Interesting...

Interesting...

They've also said they are trying to trade him. The nuance here is they have said they believe someone, somewhere, is going to want him. Now, I would think that's true. But perhaps at that salary it isn't. Maybe a team will try to make us pay some of it. Or maybe they'll all just go with what they have.

I do know this: there is not a chance I'd pay a team to take him unless it was in swapping draft picks.

Agreed. I also have to fully entertain keeping him. SF already got him under the cap, free agency is over and their draft class will be ultra cheap because it starts at pick 61.

Kyle genuinely wants the strongest QB room possible. Jed himself envisioned two years of Trey sitting. The surgery and recovery time gives Kyle an entire off season of uninterrupted focus on getting Trey ready to be a starter regardless. They keep Garoppolo on the roster until in-season when he's 100% healthy and a starting QB goes down on a playoff caliber team who can justify the trade much easier.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they ended up keeping him as a backup all year either. Seriously.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49er:
Just saw the news where he worked out for 5 team's scouts, he's been away 5-6 years? Add another domino that's gotta fall before they can find a team to take JG.

the nick mullins domino fell but nothing moved on the jimmy front..you are right.. we are probably now waiting for the ck domino to fall. THEN we can move jimmy
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed. I also have to fully entertain keeping him. SF already got him under the cap, free agency is over and their draft class will be ultra cheap because it starts at pick 61.

Kyle genuinely wants the strongest QB room possible. Jed himself envisioned two years of Trey sitting. The surgery and recovery time gives Kyle an entire off season of uninterrupted focus on getting Trey ready to be a starter regardless. They keep Garoppolo on the roster until in-season when he's 100% healthy and a starting QB goes down on a playoff caliber team who can justify the trade much easier.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they ended up keeping him as a backup all year either. Seriously.

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by NCommand:

That kind of hubris and/or chasing a sunk cost is a bad look. We've already likely suffered some opportunity cost from this, and will continue. There's a chance this could pay off, with someone giving us some good draft capital if their QB goes down, but it's such a risk.
"But I still think Jimmy G is better than a lot of guys out here in the league, though. I can't say what he's going to do, but he's a winner. He's been to the NFC Championship twice. He's been to the Super Bowl. You look at his record when he was with the 49ers—he's a winner. Every time he's on the field, they have success."

Gore

Everyone around him says it about Jimmy except for our bottom of the barrell spoiled fanbase.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Apr 3, 2022 at 1:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone